49 replies to this topic

#41 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:24 AM

Wasn't there talk at one point of a giant Excel spreadsheet of doom that was going to list all the files?

Yes, it got made by several of us spending some days trawling the forums, and sent to Hal, who I think has been updating it since then? :)

#42 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

Wasn't there talk at one point of a giant Excel spreadsheet of doom that was going to list all the files?

Yes, it got made by several of us spending some days trawling the forums, and sent to Hal, who I think has been updating it since then? :)

Sort of. It was intended as an organisational tool for Hal. After putting it together and adding the details gathered by Isis and others I updated for a time, then it was changed so that each group would update their own information. Recently that has not been happening, with only a small number of contributors entering any information, so it's out of date for some groups. Not sure if a list of audio can be easily produced from it and made publicly available as I'm no ace with spreadsheets. At present it's on Google Docs and editable, so I don't think it can be made public without leaving it open to vandalism.

A big list, well organised, might help to attract new listeners (and be of use to existing ones), especially if partnered with promotion and advertising elsewhere. There are some sites listing gaming audio - RPGpodcasts.com comes to mind - but naturally not a great many. It might be a good start if anyone could suggest other places to try promoting RPGMP3.

#43 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

Good places to promote might be:

RPGGeek
RPG.net
EN World

At least to start!

#44 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:49 PM

Drivethrurpg might be a place to market too. WLD sold lots of copies on the strength of the play here, you could set up a sort of cross marketing deal.

{edit} actually they already do have at least 1 podcast so they might be amiable to the idea. http://rpg.drivethru... ... 0_0&free=1

#45 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

I'd say it's time to pimp out everything with HUGE BANNERS on YOG-SOTHOTH.COM!

Just have a bald dwarf's face, followed by the text, "BALAAZAAAAAAAAAAR!"

Clicking on it takes you straight to RPGMP3

#46 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:06 AM

From the sounds of it RPGMP3 gets at least as much traffic as olde Yoggie.

People don't need to register on RPGMP3 to get the audio content which is the primary focus of the site (unless it's patron material), so while YSDC may have more registered users that doesn't mean it has more traffic than RPGMP3.

If people are just accessing through the RSS feeds then putting some additional call outs into the RSS feeds (or episodes) might be worth a look?

#47 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

Paul, I was kidding. Don't panic.

#48 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

If I thought you were serious I'd be quoting rates. :) >

If Hal runs Google Analytics (or similar) on RPGMP3 it shouldn't be too difficult to see where the traffic is coming from and where it's going. That may help identify potentially (more) profitable avenues.

However such issues are usually because of "niche". RPGMP3 offers very specific material for a specific audience (as does YSDC). Maybe there are ways to broaden?

#49 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

Okay, donated back payments for hosting and starting a commitment of $10 a month for Hal being so nice with hosting and sending it out in a rss feed and such.

#50 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:58 AM

Mmmmm... tastes like a double dose of spam.

:gtfo: :spam:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge