#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

A brand new group and a home grown DnD4e game. Awesome stuff. Be welcoming people :)

Ruboryn - The Lost Ones Session 01

Filesize: 51MB

This is the first session of the Guild of Geeks' Ruboryn Campaign: The Lost Ones. The first half is a cooperative Party building exercise and the second half is the role-playing introduction to the campaign.

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

Welcome new people. :D

#3 DMSamuel

DMSamuel

The Crotchety Old DM

• Patrons
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDownstate. NY, USA

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for the welcome - We are very happy to be here!

By Request, Here is the short-list of questions used in this episode. I use some or all of these, depending on the answers given. i.e. I adapt to their answers to spawn new questions:

1) You feel that you owe one member of the party your life. Who is it, and why?

2) Who is the leader of the group? Why? (this is a question about leadership as the PC sees it, not about PC roles in 4e)

3) How long has this group been together? Do you foresee the group being together for the long term?

4) What is one thing that you are good at that has nothing to do with your adventure training? Why are you adventuring and not making a living doing that? How does this talent/skill help or hinder the group?

5) Why don’t you want to be the leader? Do you feel pressure to lead? (I usually ask this of the person who was denoted as the leader in question 2, unless the person answers question 2 indicating that the leader is himself).

6) Who do you trust the most and why? Who do you trust the least, and why?

7) Where is your character from and why did you leave there?

Then as a group, they have to decide the details of their last encounter/quest and how it ended. Then each of them should say how that last quest changed them, for better or worse, and how it changed their feelings about the adventuring group.

They also should decided, together, what the group's goals are in the world.

Here is a link to a blog post I wrote about this type of party building:
http://www.rpgmusing...party-building/

And here is a follow-up article of sorts, regarding story driven 4e games, of which cooperative party building is very important:
http://www.rpgmusing...ry-driven-game/

Please feel free to leave us any feedback that may have - we are interested in providing you with as much roleplaying goodness as we can!

Next week will bring episode 2 of the Lost Ones, as well as a one-shot 4e DnD game that I ran without battlemaps - it was great fun and very interesting to play out without grids!

The Guild of Geeks also will bring you a Dresden Files Actual Play Podcast - the first session is set for next Wednesday, so look for that soon.

#4 Manzcar

Manzcar

Stirge

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

I just started to listen but I find the character building in session one to be amazing. You really get to understand the characters.

Great job everyone! I am looking foward to getting caught up on the series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge