• Create Account
Photo

Would a new 4e Ap Podcast be welcome?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Would Another 4e D&D AP Podcast be Welcome Here? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Would Another 4e D&D AP Podcast be Welcome Here?

1. Yes, please, I really want to hear another one! (19 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Yes, it is welcome (10 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

3. *yawn* Wha, huh? (2 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

4. No, not really (1 votes [2.63%])

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

5. No way, I would rather hear anything else! (4 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

6. I don't have an opinion on this matter (2 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DMSamuel

DMSamuel

The Crotchety Old DM

• Patrons
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDownstate. NY, USA

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

Hi Everyone,

Haven't been on the forums in a long while! I just started up another 4e D&D game and have decided to record this one. We recorded our first episode on Sunday and are planning on having another soon.

So, the question is: Would another 4e D&D AP podcast be a welcome edition to RPGMP3? Or would it be largely ignored? (see the poll above!)

And, if the answer is a welcoming, how do I go about submitting a new cast to the site?

Cheers!

#2 Nicholas

Nicholas

Stirge

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

Ack, you're on my twitter stream all the time and now here. I just can't get away from you :D

I would listen to a 4e podcast. The previous ones were all based off the official 4e adventures which I think present a poor impression of the system. They are all just pointless combat followed by another pointless combat. I would love to hear something more nuanced.

You have good timing on joining the site, Hal and Thing have just launched a new method for the contributors to do most of the heavy lifting for posting new audio so new groups are quite welcome. I just sent Hal an email and he set me up right away.

Good luck, may you have no lost episodes!

#3 DMSamuel

DMSamuel

The Crotchety Old DM

• Patrons
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

LOL, well, saturation is one way to market!

Oh yeah, this would be a campaign in my own world, so no WotC defined adventures there. I would consider it nuanced and very role-play focused, with some combats thrown in, rather than a battle-fest with some talking in between. In fact, after editing, the first session comes in at 2 hours 24 minutes and no combat. We did a cooperative party building exercise since it's a new group. (Note that does not mean boring character creation session, it means role-play type party building to help the players get to know their PCs and their pasts).

I've actually been a patron here for a year or more, just not very involved in the forums :)

Cheers!

#4 DMSamuel

DMSamuel

The Crotchety Old DM

• Patrons
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

...Hal and Thing have just launched a new method for the contributors to do most of the heavy lifting for posting new audio so new groups are quite welcome. I just sent Hal an email and he set me up right away.

Awesome - I'll be sending an email shortly!

#5 Carji

Carji

Raven

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

Oh yeah, this would be a campaign in my own world, so no WotC defined adventures there. I would consider it nuanced and very role-play focused, with some combats thrown in, rather than a battle-fest with some talking in between.

Yes, very welcome. :D

Even the best systems are kinda boring to listen to when it's just repetitive combat. But 4e is by far the worst. :lol:

I'd definitely give it a listen, you might even warm me back to 4e as a system. :P

#6 DMSamuel

DMSamuel

The Crotchety Old DM

• Patrons
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

Wow - that sounds like a resounding yes so far. That makes me happy. You will all be pleased to note, then, that I have emailed Hal and requested to be granted upload-ability.

Cheers!

#7 PeterFdH

PeterFdH

Toad

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Would love to see another 4e game podcast, just make sure you don't use the KotS series. I'm currently playing through Pyramid of Shadows and it's even more combat-heavy than the others.

I love the 4e system but the scenarios Wizards have written are frankly awful - and amount to little more than a series of encounters. There is little or no story or role-playing other than what the DM and players introduce themselves.

So to see a self-written game, hopefully demonstrating what can be achieved with the system, would be really cool to see. :D

#8 DMSamuel

DMSamuel

The Crotchety Old DM

• Patrons
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

Would love to see another 4e game podcast, just make sure you don't use the KotS series. I'm currently playing through Pyramid of Shadows and it's even more combat-heavy than the others.

I love the 4e system but the scenarios Wizards have written are frankly awful - and amount to little more than a series of encounters. There is little or no story or role-playing other than what the DM and players introduce themselves.

So to see a self-written game, hopefully demonstrating what can be achieved with the system, would be really cool to see. :D

Yes, we are playing in my homebrew world, so everything is set up by me. I don't use published modules other than for inspiration and sometimes maps.

Check out the two or three sessions that have been uploaded, we are the Guild of Geeks. The 4e DnD sessions are the Ruboryn: Lost Ones sessions. I also run a Dresden Files game if you are interested in that at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge