• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Phneri

Phneri

Goblin

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

I was going through some old campaign notes when I found this gem from a dark, high-powered game:

The character was an incredibly old gnome woman, who had the mannerisms of a great grandmother, yet contained so much necromantic power that all plant life within 90 feet of her withered and died. She was the vaguely insane intelligence behind an empire's creation of legions of undead soldiers, as well as more exotic, interesting creations both undead and mostly alive. The first time the party met her she healed the blinded monk by replacing his eyes with gems that were animated with necrotic energy in a process that was gleefully horrifying.

There was something in the juxtaposition in the little old lady and the tyrannical control and manipulation over unlife that I loved with this character, and I wish I had made her something more of a central theme in the campaign.

The CorpseCrafter.
3d4+3d8+9d6+30: hp 84
Female Venerable Gnome Cleric of Nerull 3/Wizard 3/True Necromancer 9, CR 15 (Death and Trickery Domains), Death touch 6d6
Str 6 Dex 10 Con 14, Int 26 Wis 25, Cha 11

Fort +8 Will +17 Ref +5 SP 115
AC 18 (+4 mage armor, +4 shield of faith)
BAB +7/+2 Grapple +1

Spellcraft +26. Concentration +20, Knowledge (planes) +26, Knowledge (Religion) +26, Heal +22
Languages: Common, Gnome, Orc, Goblin, Draconic, Abyssal, Infernal, Elf, Dwarf, Undercommon, Terran, Giant

Feats: Scribe Scroll, Necromantic Prowess +3 CL, Zone of Desecration (90 ft radius), Create Undead 1/day, Create Greater Undead 1/day, Undead Graft, Practiced Spellcaster, Quicken Spell, Silent Spell, Craft Wondrous Item

Possessions: Maximize Spell Rod, Headband of Intellect +4, Periapt of Wisdom +4, Carpet of Flying, Handy Haversack, Ring of Sustenance, Permanent: Arcane Sight, Read Magic, Comprehend languages

Wizard spells/day 4/6/6/5/5/4/3
1:(19) Magic missile (5d4+5)x3, Mage armor (cast), Feather fall
2:(20) Blindness, Web, Shatter, Mirror Image(d4+5), Command Undead (30hd), Knock
3: (21) Dispel Magic, Fireball, Silent Knock, Clairvoyance, Fly
4: (22) Stoneskin, Polymorphx2, Shout, Dimension Door
5: (23) Summon Monster V, Quickened Truestrike, Dominate Person, Teleport
6: (24) Summon Monster VI, Disintegrate, Chain Lightning

Cleric spells/day 6/7/7/6/5/4/3 +domains
1: (18) Disguise Self, Inflict Light (d8+5)x3, Hide from Undead, Obscuring Mist, 2Shield of Faith (+4)
2: (19) Invisibility, Augury, Cure Mod, Resist energy (30), Hold Person, Silence, Undetectable Alignment, Shatter
3: (20) Animate Deadx2, Wrack, Cure Serious (3d8+15), Stoneshape, Dispel Magic, Meld into Stone
4: (21) Confusion, Death Ward, Restoration, SM IV, Cure Critical (4d8+15), Sending
5: (22) Slay Living, Plane Shiftx2, Spell Resistance, Flame Strike (15d6)
6: (23) Mislead, Cure Mod Mass (2d8+15), Word of Recall (imperial capital), Blade Barrier.

Do you have any old favorites?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge