#1 Maliloki

Maliloki

Kobold

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of Neverwhere

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:28 AM

Hullo all who read this,

I just wanted to post about the last session of Pathfinder I ran. We've made it so that if you crit (or fumble) on an attack roll you roll on the appropirate "E" crit table from RoleMaster. Spells fumbled on a role of 1-4 and crit on a roll of 17-20 on account of we wanted magic to be more volatile.

The last session began with the group looting the corpse of the shifter monk who bravely (read: stupidly) jumped into the middle of a room full of enemies and got belted with magic missle after magic missle and got his lung punctured by one or more of his own ribs. After shoving him into the bag of holding, they continued on down the hallway and discovered the monks replacement (Human Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple) being tortured by some ettercaps

They charge in and have a good round doing good amounts of damage. Second round wasn't so good, but not bad. Third round was both sides flailing uselessly at each other with one of the ettercaps getting a lucky shot in that severing the halfling rogue/barbarian/shadow dancer's spine and almost outright killing her/him (they had a run in with a mad old herbalist that sold them some jam...) outright. The teifling witch ran in and poured a potion down her throat, but the halfling was still paralyzed.

The fourth round the human fumbled and punched himself in the temple and killed himself instantly and the witch got her brain destroyed by one of the ettercaps claws. The last round was the dwarf barbarian and one ettercap remaining. The ettercap charged in......and punctured the barbarian's brain the same way he had the witch's and the game was over.

Did I mention that the party were all level 8 and the 5 ettercaps were non enhanced CR 3's.

Just thought someone else may find this as entertaining as we did.

---Posting journal entries about the game my wife is currently running in my journal http://www.rpgmp3.co... ... &file=edit

I think that link will bring you there if anyone cares

#2 Maliloki

Maliloki

Kobold

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of Neverwhere

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

Just in case people think me cruel for the post about the tpk - I prefer to let the dice fall where they may and don't roll behind a screen. The players had fun, I was surprised as hell. They had played these characters for somewhere between 50-80 hours and have some great stories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge