2 replies to this topic

#1 demilich

demilich

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hi all,
I was thinking of recording my live D&D game, it has mostly v3.5 rules, with some pathfinder, and a bit of 4th edition thrown in.
The game usually goes for about seven to eight hours, and recording it gives me bonus xp.
Any suggestions, for things like, break it up into shorter sessions, edit out the out of game chatting, anything, would be appreciated

#2 DownbeatGorilla

DownbeatGorilla

Toad

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:14 AM

Hi Demilich,

Never having recorded a session before, but being a voracious (though normally silent) consumer of the fine aural offerings available here, I would make the following suggestions:

- Break up your audio in 2 hour chunks, or edit if you can find good points to stop i.e. the party hits a milestone, kills a boss etc...

- Personally, I tend to enjoy the side chatter, as it helps us to get to know you and your group better. You may want to edit out any personal information etc...

- There are several threads regarding equipment and best practices, available for perusal on the board.

Here's a thread regarding techincal setup:

http://www.rpgmp3.co...viewtopic&t=146

#3 demilich

demilich

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:12 AM

Thanks for the advice, just bought some editing software, and have a lot of sound effects also, that I plan on putting in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge