Although to be fair Robin Hood tended not to use a fireball... :wink:

#3 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:23 AM

I also remember a certain wizard complaining a little when he was made chaotic neutral after fire balling his party. :D

#4 Snappyapple

Snappyapple

Goblin

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:15 AM

Hah, we all know he didn't think of Boyick as a party member, only an xp leech. :P

#5 ThatsWizard

ThatsWizard

Toad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIndy

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

Funny enough, I've never played with anyone who made a wizard neutral anything. They've always had strong personalities. Do people really consider Robin Hood chaotic neutral? I'd say chaotic good, maybe.

#6 undecided44

undecided44

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFairfax, VA

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

Funny enough, I've never played with anyone who made a wizard neutral anything. They've always had strong personalities. Do people really consider Robin Hood chaotic neutral? I'd say chaotic good, maybe.

Ahh, but doesn't the saying go "he robbed from the rich..." I don't remember anything about Robin Hood robbing from the evil, or leaving the good rich houses alone.

#7 Holdar

Holdar

Raven

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

Ahh, but doesn't the saying go "he robbed from the rich..." I don't remember anything about Robin Hood robbing from the evil, or leaving the good rich houses alone.

I also don't remember anyone getting friendly fired from Robin either... but that point is moot. It just puts a picture to a statement. But while on the topic! If one were to use all the different variants and to include tendency alignments... I'd think he'd be Chaotic Neutral with Good tendencies.

#8 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

Although to be fair Robin Hood tended not to use a fireball... :wink:

Though you have seemed to have forgotten Balazaar made use of the HEAVY CROSSBOW!!

"You have an obscene amount of hitpoints for a WIZARD!" -Hal

#9 thad

thad

Player Subordinaire

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

He robbed from the LICH??? Man, Robin was more bad-ass than I remember...

#10 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

He robbed from the LICH??? Man, Robin was more bad-ass than I remember...

Robin was always badass. Taking on Little John with the quarterstaff, John's favored weapon, and winning? Saving one of his men from execution in the heart of enemy territory? Walking into an ambush, KNOWING it was an ambush, and escaping from said ambush, just for the hell of it? Honestly, all he needed was a few goblins and he'd be a perfect D&D player character.

As for him being CN, maybe in the old days when he was just a bandit. He kind of mellowed out when his target shifted to the corrupt wealthy and the equally corrupt church of the day, and started distributing his profits among the poor. Ah, the progress of a folk hero.

#11 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

Balazaar sez:

Posted Image

"Merely Cautious!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users