• 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:32 AM

Spam, spam, spam, spam...

#62 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

Quite impressive spam though, you have to admit... If it wasnt for the ad links, you'd almost never know! ;-)

#63 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

Spam, spam, spam, spam...

Hang on a minute... THIS post has an ad link too! O_o

#64 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:22 AM

Hang on a minute... THIS post has an ad link too! O_o

Good point! Someone shilling for a sock manufacturer, by the look of it. Obviously for security reasons I shan't be clicking on the link to check... I see that the avatar is actually a picture of actress Joanna Cameron in The Secrets of Isis, who I expect probably isn't really the person behind the posts, so clearly these bots are mining the Internet at large as well as the thread in order to appear more real. Damned sophisticated stuff :wink:

#65 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:38 AM

No, I really am Joanna Cameron, you've sprung me.:)

And no links here, nope. Buy WoW gold socks

#66 Jodast

Jodast

Stirge

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, UK

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:53 AM

Which reminds me I need to buy a new dice sock as I seem to have lost the old one, along with the dice that were in it. :(

#67 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

But dice sock suppliers are so hard to find... Now where oh where could you find one? :wink:

I can recommend the black and white pirate one btw... :D

#68 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:02 AM

So, we've been away for a short while.

With any group of people there are lots of conflicting demands, external pressures and unexpected, or expected, events, and of course the Whartson Hall crew are no exception. The past month has seen several disruptions to our gaming lives, particularly the UK Games Expo (great for gaming, bad for our weekly games), my excursion across Scotland on foot; and, most notably, a new resident of the Hall making his arrival, young Edward, who as you might expect is siphoning away what little time his parents Martin and Zoe had prior to his recent entrance.

The current plan is to get together next Monday for a game, although at this stage I can't confirm what it will be or whether it will be recorded. Victoriana should be along in a few weeks, ideally when all of us can get back together, as Monday's game may involve a reduced lineup.

In the meantime, loads of stuff for you to enjoy elsewhere on the site and as always thank you for the kind words and interest in our games. Back soon :)

#69 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:03 AM

[...]Victoriana should be along in a few weeks[...]

Huzzah! Eagerly anticipating another serving of "BADGER BADGER BADGER!", guv'nor! :D

#70 Hafwit

Hafwit

Stirge

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

:D O Joy. :)

#71 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

[...]Victoriana should be along in a few weeks[...]

Huzzah! Eagerly anticipating another serving of "BADGER BADGER BADGER!", guv'nor! :D

Good Afternoon, do you stock such a thing as a Vag Badger?

#72 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

The past month has seen several disruptions to our gaming lives [...] most notably, a new resident of the Hall making his arrival, young Edward, who as you might expect is siphoning away what little time his parents Martin and Zoe had prior to his recent entrance.

Posted Image

#73 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

A quick update on things at the Hall:

We've missed a couple of sessions, so Victoriana is currently still at number three. Tonight has also had to be cancelled, unfortunately, due to the serious illness of a family member of one of the group.

I'll keep you informed once things start up again. In the meantime thanks for listening; and don't forget that there's plenty to enjoy elsewhere on the site.

#74 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Victoriana is on indefinite hold, most likely stopped. Instead, we managed to squeeze in a quick get-together last week and Ross started a Point Blank adventure for us (and we all know how jolly those are :D). No recording of the opening part - it was really too short, too loud and too chaotic an evening - but I'll try recording the next one and see how it comes out. After that... who knows? We'll be discussing the next adventure as Point Blank progresses.

In the meantime, I'm trying my hand at running a small HeroQuest adventure with a few far-flung habitu├ęs of this very site, on Google+ Hangout. First session suffered a little from technical glitches, with one player being unable to get the audio working consistently, but other than that the initial feeling is that it should do nicely for those folk who can't actually gather around a table to play. I'm unsure at present whether recording audio from these games is possible (recording the complete video apparently is, but the resulting file would be enormous, far too big for my computer to handle) but there's a chance that we may try to record such a game in the future. For now, though, the G+ games will remain small and unrecorded.

There are several sessions from Whartstock in the upload queue with Hal, so they should be here on the main site before too long.

Hope everyone is continuing to enjoy the games here and playing some stuff yourselves :)

#75 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Quick update: My computer crapped out in spectacular fashion, so I haven't been able to get the Hero System games from Whartstock sorted out for the main site yet, but they will come. I've managed to coax the PC back into half-life and hopefully the repairs won't be too arcane and demanding.

We did a city generation session for The Dresden Files this evening and it's going well. Not recorded, but we will be recording the game once it gets started; recording character generation is also a possibility. Apologies for the extended Whartson Hall holiday, but we will return! :D

#76 errand

errand

Errand

• Patrons
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChilliwack, BC

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

Sounds exciting, can't wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge