68 replies to this topic

#21 Alexandrian

Alexandrian

The Dark Fox

• Patrons
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:06 AM

Hal, real life should ALWAYS come first. We'd hate to think you were struggling to keep us audio-addicted virtual people happy over Lindsay-that should never happen and we'd hate to think you ever feel you'd have to. :)
I, for one, love the idea of the 'promotional weekends': "This week - 3 Accordlands for the price of 2!". It should definitely provide an boost to the game discussions for that particular group, and I hope it helps you rekindle your own enthusiasm for your site by focussing on a different game each week as opposed to feeling compelled to game then load, rinse and repeat. (This isn't saying we hope you never game, or record your own stuff - just please don't feel you have to for the site, sod us, just game for fun :) )
All your effort, and Lindsay's 'audio widow' hours are seriously appreciated by everyone on here. We're happy with whatever you manage to put on here; after all, it's your free time so what you do with it is entirely up to you.
So roll out the "GROUP OF THE WEEK" - do you need store-wide banners for that? :D

I'm sticking with Isis. Said everything that that needs to be said.

Now unfortunately, I know sod all about PHP coding, so I'm not much help on that battlefield. But if there is anything that I can do, just shout :)

#22 cursedimmortal

cursedimmortal

Goblin

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:27 AM

Hal, real life should ALWAYS come first. We'd hate to think you were struggling to keep us audio-addicted virtual people happy over Lindsay-that should never happen and we'd hate to think you ever feel you'd have to. :)
I, for one, love the idea of the 'promotional weekends': "This week - 3 Accordlands for the price of 2!". It should definitely provide an boost to the game discussions for that particular group, and I hope it helps you rekindle your own enthusiasm for your site by focussing on a different game each week as opposed to feeling compelled to game then load, rinse and repeat. (This isn't saying we hope you never game, or record your own stuff - just please don't feel you have to for the site, sod us, just game for fun :) )
All your effort, and Lindsay's 'audio widow' hours are seriously appreciated by everyone on here. We're happy with whatever you manage to put on here; after all, it's your free time so what you do with it is entirely up to you.
So roll out the "GROUP OF THE WEEK" - do you need store-wide banners for that? :D

I'm sticking with Isis. Said everything that that needs to be said.

Now unfortunately, I know sod all about PHP coding, so I'm not much help on that battlefield. But if there is anything that I can do, just shout :)

I code Ruby on Rails and php for a living so dont be afraid to shout if you need another code monkey :)

#23 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Locationwww.diredestiny.com

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

I'd just like to echo Isis on this as well. Live to game, don't game to live... or... something like that?

Anyway, while I'm not a code monkey, if there's anything I CAN do to help, just sing out.

#24 WerewolfPaladin

WerewolfPaladin

Stirge

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA, or some place like it

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:40 AM

Yeah, do what you need to do. Life gets wild sometimes and you just have to roll with it until things even out again.

I don't know PHP code, but I work with databases fairly heavily, so if you need any help on that front, let me know.

#25 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:20 AM

We're working on an update to Yoggie, and it's not easy. It's already been in process a few months and it'll be a while yet, so very much understood about the amount of time & effort involved!

#26 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:36 AM

I code Ruby on Rails and ...

Very daft images come to mind with that. :D

#27 deerpoob

deerpoob

Raven

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

as much as id like to hear new stuff your life is more important then a site XD Ive actually been listening to the world of tropis from the pantless gamers (which I had never considered before) and I must say its excellent! so to anyone who wants some roleplaying podcasts and hasnt listened to the community podcasts they have your fix! while not quite as hilarious and insane as Hal and co they are much more serious about the characters, the last 25 minutes or so of session 3 of tropis is pretty godamn tense, and they still have moments of complete idiocy, its a complete package!

#28 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

I'll add my two bits and say thanks again Hal. You've done a WHOLE lot of work for all of us and it is grandly appreciated. While I've gotten used to the stream of audio, it is never taken for granted.

I hope that the work goes smoothly and that taking this hiatus helps things along muchly. Enjoy the break and thanks for all the hundreds of hours of audio goodness you've already sent our way!

#29 Snappyapple

Snappyapple

Goblin

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

Being this late to the thread, there's little I can say on how much we appreciate your work on this site that hasn't already been said by the others. Still, I can do worse than echoing the accolades from the other members right? 8)

#30 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

:) I must admit I dabbled with it, thought this is nice but... (kind of what I thought with PROLOG), and then went back to my ugly but generic vb.net ('cos I can't get work to move even to C#) :roll:

Isis, Ruby on Rails is a combination of very pretty new language (Ruby) with an interesting take on how to model/code primarily in the web environment (Rails).

#31 EegahInc

EegahInc

Ghoul

• Site Artist
  • 904 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA - USA

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

Well, I'm definitely late to this thread and everything has pretty much been said already. Except, maybe, that the day I hear a man say he needs to spend less time with his wife and new home in order to devote time to a gaming site is the day I paint the words "common sense" on my boots, drive to Texas, and plant those boots up that man's ass. 8O Take all the time you need, we ain't going anywhere.

#32 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

This Irishman hopes you Brits and Yanks have some great time off, and thanks for the entertainment you have given me on a long lonely commute.

I'll be here when you get back going again.

#33 Alexandrian

Alexandrian

The Dark Fox

• Patrons
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:34 AM

:) I must admit I dabbled with it, thought this is nice but... (kind of what I thought with PROLOG), and then went back to my ugly but generic vb.net ('cos I can't get work to move even to C#) :roll:

Isis, Ruby on Rails is a combination of very pretty new language (Ruby) with an interesting take on how to model/code primarily in the web environment (Rails).

See, now I just pictured a well known, exceedingly cute pug wearing a train drivers hat.

#34 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:39 AM

I was going for said pugster with tiny roller-skates on all four paws speeding down a model train track. :D

#35 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:57 PM

Well the internet has failed me. I can't find a single video of a rollerskating pug! :)

#36 steampunkdragon

steampunkdragon

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Well the internet has failed me. I can't find a single video of a rollerskating pug! :)

Time to make one then?

#37 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

Here's an Ice skating Pug!

http://meview.metro....o.aspx?id=47174

#38 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

Late posting here but I think it's a great idea.

I've been thinking 'Hal and Lindsay must be pretty busy what with their new house,' so any new audio on the site is certainly a nice surprise.

#39 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:45 AM

Well as I am sort of on a computer isolation for a few days I have just seen this post I am looking forward to the specials and I am sure I will have more comments in a couple of days. :D

#40 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:09 AM

I am going to be firing up BAG Week shortly. I figured that as they were the first group in I would start there so be prepared to be bombarded with Accordion-Lands :P

I will get a group running order together so folks know when their group is coming through so they can get their players and stuff online and chatting about the games :)

Sound like a plan?

Cheers
Hal :hal:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge