#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

The party decide to do a little scouting around and make a rather interesting error...

Rolemaster Session 31

Filesize: 90MB

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Cheers
Hal :hal:

#2 Caelvan

Caelvan

Goblin

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

Yippie!! I am getting excited over the new Rolemaster audio. :D

#3 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

Thank you Long Tall Texans, Hal and Lindsay. :D

#4 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

Yipee! New audio!
Thanks Hal & co.!

#5 Baersark

Baersark

Toad

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCornwall, Uk

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:09 AM

Thanks Hal.

#6 mad_hatchet

mad_hatchet

Raven

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

My MP3 player was getting a bit empty of podcasts/audiobooks, so I downloaded all 7 sessions of the "labor of love" campaign, having listened to them long enough ago that i had forgotten most of the stuff and it was all "fresh" again to me. In session 2 (or 3?) there's a long and fairly amusing/horrifying discussion about "Prince Albert"s.

I think you can imagine my eagerness when I saw that there was a new session of rolemaster posted in the general area. I hope you can all imagine my sense of vertigo when, about 20 minutes in, THERE IS ANOTHER DISCUSSION OF PRINCE ALBERTS!!!! Hal even uses that same word, "Jhompers" or something.

Small world, I guess :)

#7 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:41 AM

I'm listening to this, and about half-way in, and i'm thinking that more than half of these problems could be solved by smashing the tigers into the ground with flying discs.

Posted Image

#8 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:14 AM

My MP3 player was getting a bit empty of podcasts/audiobooks, so I downloaded all 7 sessions of the "labor of love" campaign, having listened to them long enough ago that i had forgotten most of the stuff and it was all "fresh" again to me. In session 2 (or 3?) there's a long and fairly amusing/horrifying discussion about "Prince Albert"s.

I think you can imagine my eagerness when I saw that there was a new session of rolemaster posted in the general area. I hope you can all imagine my sense of vertigo when, about 20 minutes in, THERE IS ANOTHER DISCUSSION OF PRINCE ALBERTS!!!! Hal even uses that same word, "Jhompers" or something.

Small world, I guess :)

Hey, its been years, plus it is environmentally unsound not to recycle :P

Hal :hal:

#9 deltree

deltree

Toad

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

Holy cow, this one's amazing. I was halfway through thinking about what I was gonna say about poor poor Malek, then, genius. This entire episode was epic, I could see everything happening, so brilliant. Congrats on such a sweet entry in a great series.

Also, holy crap Mogar didn't get any xp! L O L

#10 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

I really liked this one as well. I liked that it was more of a talking/planning session.

Telepathy can be hard to handle, along with language differences. If only one person can speak with an NPC, how do you handle the interrogation panel? Sometimes you just have to make it seamless.

#11 Caelvan

Caelvan

Goblin

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

At the end of the session, Lindsay was talking about "The Raccoons" cartoon. It was actually a Canadian cartoon and I am not sure that it was actually released in the US. The aardvarks in the show (those are the pink guys) do look an awful lot like elephant seals though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

At the end of the session, Lindsay was talking about "The Raccoons" cartoon. It was actually a Canadian cartoon and I am not sure that it was actually released in the US.

We certainly saw a lot of it in the UK. If I'm remembering correctly, the voices were done by impressionist Rich Little.

#13 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:46 PM

At the end of the session, Lindsay was talking about "The Raccoons" cartoon. It was actually a Canadian cartoon and I am not sure that it was actually released in the US.

We certainly saw a lot of it in the UK. If I'm remembering correctly, the voices were done by impressionist Rich Little.

Hey now while Rich Little may be Canadian that is not fair to The Raccoons for Rich Little. However, the Raccoons was a Canadian cartoon and it was great. :D

#14 deerpoob

deerpoob

Raven

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

As a candian....I have never seen the racoons, cant say it rings any bells, probebly before my time.

Loved the episode, it was a bit like the jail escape episode I guess, lots of discussion on what to do, and finally it works out....if in a bad way for poor goggles, not even left with his spikes and colour!

#15 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:20 AM

I bet they've forgotten, but they have that magic comb that instantly styles your hair however you want.

#16 Yevda

Yevda

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:48 AM

I love this stuff, been listening for years...

Is this the last session of rolemaster? =( It's been a few months...

#17 DownbeatGorilla

DownbeatGorilla

Toad

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:03 AM

I love this stuff, been listening for years...

Become a patron! There's more Rolemaster sessions and much more!

#18 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

See Hal's explanation here:

http://www.rpgmp3.co... ... pic&t=4127

And Welcome to the forums!

Feel free to introduce yourself here:

http://www.rpgmp3.co... ... wforum&f=8

#19 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:47 AM

Reading that sentence made my heart skip a beat, but no, I doubt it.

#20 Skyth

Skyth

Kobold

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

I'm amused that Hal doesn't allow Irgaaks, but he allows the Changling list...I really consider that one of the most broken lists in the game (Along with Bladerunes and the Astrologer base list dealing with predicting).

Still, I'm sad to have reached the end of the Rolemaster podcast...Not sure what I'll do now. Love the sound of Hal's voice even though he would drive me nuts as a GM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge