8 replies to this topic

#1 Kimpire

Kimpire

Toad

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationJerusalem, Israel

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:51 AM

So I've just finished the meet-the-new-characters bit of Session 30 (which, by the way, left me in fits of laughter for over half an hour - Lindsay as Feylin is adorable and hilarious!) and I'm confused about something. Was the rod of wonder actually in the box, or did Hal override Steve on that? And if it wasn't in the box, where had Tharus really hidden it?

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

So I've just finished the meet-the-new-characters bit of Session 30 (which, by the way, left me in fits of laughter for over half an hour - Lindsay as Feylin is adorable and hilarious!) and I'm confused about something. Was the rod of wonder actually in the box, or did Hal override Steve on that? And if it wasn't in the box, where had Tharus really hidden it?

It has been a while since I have listened to this episode but if I remember correctly yes it was in the box.

#3 Kimpire

Kimpire

Toad

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:48 AM

I ask mostly because Steve says "No", Lindsay shouts, "You bastard!" and then there's a bit of indecipherable speech before Hal says "You find it". So I can't tell if Steve was joking when he said no, or reacting to a low search roll (even though she rolled a 20), or if Hal took pity on Lindsay.

#4 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:32 AM

I don't recall exactly either, but I imagine Steve said "No," because he didn't want her to have it, not that it wasn't there.

That was a great episode, too.

#5 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

I don't recall exactly either, but I imagine Steve said "No," because he didn't want her to have it, not that it wasn't there.

And in retrospect, It seems that Steve was right to be concerned... :)

#6 Kimpire

Kimpire

Toad

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:10 AM

And in retrospect, It seems that Steve was right to be concerned... :)

Don't spoilerize me! I'm still in #30. Mostly because I've listened to Feylin's rambling four or five times. It never gets old :D

"We had a fight with some jelly, and then the jelly came back to life, and there was a plant, and there was a religious man and he died, and there was someone else and he died but we didn't like him very much [...] and then before that there was a big scary man called Gerout and he was my friend and he drank my blueberry juice, and there was another man who tidied up and was very nice, and white, and glowed, and he died too, and there was - and there was-was some things that threw-threw a table and they killed Bastion, and that wasn't very nice, it wasn't me at all..."

"Caric, do you have anything to heal the mind?"

#7 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:54 AM

Episode 30 is my favourite WLD as well. :D

#8 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

The Wand of Wonder (an AD&D magic item), is so unpredictible that you can consider it to be a cursed item. It has nearly 20 effects, many of which are attacks, but you never know what it is going to do. Firing the wand may shoot out a fireball, or turn the target to stone. But it also may just summon a swarm of normal butterflies, or cause the wand wielder to shrink to halfling size.

A Wand of Wonder should be considered a weapon of last resort, as its totally random effects can be as dangerous to you and your group, as it is to your enemies. (Imagine accidently invoking the fireball power in a small room).

The effects that a Wand of Wonder can produce include (but are not limited to), the list below.

Slow the target down
Make the wand wielder believe that something else happened
Summon a great wind
Summon a cloud of toxic gas
Cause heavy rainfall
Summon a mouse, elephant, or rhino
Lightning Bolt
Summon huge swarm of butterflies
Turn target into a giant
Cause darkness
Cause grass to grow
Make all inanimate objects in range vanish
Shrink wand user to halfling size
Fireball
Makes user invisible
Makes leaves grow from target
Shoots forth semi-precious gems (this is actually an attack, they shoot out really fast)
Cause a funky light show
Turn target to stone (or if target is stone, then they will turn to flesh)

#9 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

you never know what it is going to do. Firing the wand may shoot out a fireball, or turn the target to stone. But it also may just summon a swarm of normal butterflies, or cause the wand wielder to shrink to halfling size.

Thank you, you worthless fucking spambot, for explaining to us what a fucking Rod of Wonder does.

I hope you get cancer, and then that cancer gets cancer, and then THAT cancer gets cancer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge