55 replies to this topic

#41 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:02 PM

I strongly suggest For Love Or Money (from the 6 adventure compendium 3 old & updated, 3 new) as a good introductory level scenario.

#42 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:25 AM

Thinking back, I remember that the players didn't really use fortune/fate points... Ned's mutation issues could have been entirely avoided, and many bad rolls could have been averted.

#43 Soda

Soda

Toad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:31 AM

I relistened to some of the sessions, and I realized just how much I miss it. Conrad changing from a law abiding toll keeper into some sort of avatar of hate. Girl running around eating sausage, being delightfully rude whenever she gets the chance. Durak bursting eardrums with his cries of anger and fustration over being dicked around by absolutely every person the group interacted with. Leo starting as an"out in the woods licking trees idiot" and trying to adjust to the word outside his charcoal burning hut. Ned running around spreading the love.
Oskar trying his best to keep the group out of trouble only to realize it can't be done, and as such resorts to watch while laughing.

This campaign is the one on the site I've enjoyed listening to the most.

If your aversion to the Old World is starting to subside, I would really love to hear the group do a return to warhammer, although using a different campagin (my suggestion: The enemy within coupled with suitable single adventures and modified by the gm to fit) where you make sure the group get at least one person who knows heal.

If you guys are still waking up at night due to nigthmares of dancing chickens, and 6 feet wide women named Gertha, I suggest you face your demons by doing a session where you play 3d, 4th or even 5th career characters, perhaps the same characters you played, coming back to Pfleifeldor 3-4 years later to take revenge and tear the villiage a new one. :)

#44 Vaeron

Vaeron

Stirge

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

If you guys are still waking up at night due to nigthmares of dancing chickens, and 6 feet wide women named Gertha, I suggest you face your demons by doing a session where you play 3d, 4th or even 5th career characters, perhaps the same characters you played, coming back to Pfleifeldor 3-4 years later to take revenge and tear the villiage a new one. :)

A one-off where the characters return and spend the entire session slaughtering Phifeldorphians as if the town were just another dungeon would be quite the listen.

#45 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:45 AM

I would love to hear some new Warhammer stuff. it stands to date as one of the few recordings on here that I'd made the time to listen to.

#46 Calibret0

Calibret0

Kobold

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:24 PM

This has been my favorite stuff on this site. I loved it all and was sad to see it go. I love the Warhammer world. I think the addition of some xp every session, even alittle, would of made a big difference in the eyes of the players tho. It would of given them a reward for doing...anything. Maaaybe kept them focused a bit 8)

#47 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

One problem is I think you're supposed to give out like 25 or maybe even 50 xp a session. It might have made the game seem hard wihout that xp.

#48 Calibret0

Calibret0

Kobold

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

One problem is I think you're supposed to give out like 25 or maybe even 50 xp a session. It might have made the game seem hard wihout that xp.

Exactly. It would make them feel like they were growing a bit and actually getting a bit better. But otherwise, I loved it!

#49 fastjack

fastjack

Toad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:32 AM

I would also like to add my name to bringing this back.

#50 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:35 AM

Its really unlikely as Breastman... I mean Ned has left due to landing a job in Arizona. Good luck to the guy btw.

#51 fastjack

fastjack

Toad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

tis a shame as I would like to have heard more, but cool about a new job.

has been helpful in my prep for running this ( starting tomorrow night )

#52 Nishastra

Nishastra

Raven

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

Goggles is also gone, and without him and Ned, all of the "unfinished" games are likely truly dead now, if there was ever any chance of them coming back.

#53 fastjack

fastjack

Toad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:23 AM

Fair enough.

now would be wrong to ask if Hal still has any of the prep from this? :-)

#54 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:01 AM

You could go and buy the Thousand Thrones module if you want to see how the story ends.

#55 fastjack

fastjack

Toad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

yup have the module :-)

#56 skunner

skunner

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

I've listened to a couple of episodes - very interesting though I don't think your players seem like the WFRP kind. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

The prisoner angle isn't the only hook to get PCs into the campaign. There are others - if I ever run the campaign I'll use lots of hooks for different PCs (rogue might be a prisoner, tollkeeper could be hired by a merchant and so on. Making one of the PCs a noble would help with some of the interaction as it opens doors the others can't get through) in the hopes some of them stick.

Yes - the players do act a bit daft at times and seem unable to come up with an effective plan. The talking to the abbess and the witch hunters show a lack of planning. The character routinely do very stupid things - like telling all and sundry (guards, witch hunters etc.) they got out of the quarry to the extent if I were the DM some would be generating new characters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge