• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 deltree

deltree

Toad

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

I started listening to the podcasts here because I really enjoyed the excellent role-playing found in the podcasts, but it's become more than that. Over the course of listening to 8 hours of rpgmp3 a day at work I feel like I have a really creepy connection to the gang (esp Hal's group and whartson hall), almost like the Truman show...

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else felt like some kind of creepy voyeur, or if it was just me. :)

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:42 PM

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else felt like some kind of creepy voyeur, or if it was just me. :)

No it is just you weirdo, oh and welcome on your first post. :D

#3 ZachDood77

ZachDood77

Stirge

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

No it is just you weirdo, oh and welcome on your first post. :D

No it's not just him. I have often thought that as well. As recently as today actually. It is a weird feeling. Knowing you remember people saying things that they don't even remember.

#4 5monkeys

5monkeys

Stirge

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:43 AM

What bugs me is when they wonder about stuff and I know the answer off the top of my head. I feel like I should tell them the answer to be helpful, but then I realise that whatever the query was it's not a concern any longer.

This is a good example of why posting rules corrects/help is pretty futile. :)

You can of course try to offset some of the creepiness factor by trying to post regularly on the boards.

#5 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

You can of course try to offset some of the creepiness factor by trying to post regularly on the boards.

Alternatively, you can just embrace the creepiness, like I have. :-D

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

#6 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

Welcome welcome :)

Nice to have you around and posting ;)

On the posting rules front - never stop posting corrections - it really helps us out and everyone else who might be listening and reading. Rules are (sadly) part of what we do and getting them right (or at least being able to explain why you are doing something differently) is all part of this stuff.

I never get upset when I have made a rules call and it gets questioned in the forums. Either - I had my reasons at the time, or you guys help correct our rules interpretations for next time round.

Keep it up - it is pretty much how I learned 4e :D

Hal :hal:

#7 Mordion

Mordion

Dice Enough and Time

• Patrons
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

I feel like I have a really creepy connection to the gang (esp Hal's group and whartson hall), almost like the Truman show...

Yeah, I plead guilty to that as well. Hal, Lindsay, Paul, Fin (and Helen, Claire, Val and Neil from YSDC) all occupy a strange space in my brain somewhere between good friends I haven't seen in a while and unapproachable celebrities that I'm a little too interested in.

I tend to think of it as a little more One Hour Photo than the Truman show though... by the way, feel free to PM me if you'd like to see photos from my recent Caribbean vacation with Hal and Paul. :twisted:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge