48 replies to this topic

#41 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Thanks, guys, I don't tend to frequent this neck of the woods any more so didn't notice your well-wishes until now. Thank you, very, much.

Illiani.

#42 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Thanks, guys, I don't tend to frequent this neck of the woods any more so didn't notice your well-wishes until now. Thank you, very, much.

Illiani.

Well, frequent more man!

#43 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Yes!

#44 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

I might be coming out of retirement later this year, actually. Me, my now 13yo brother and Alex have returned to Tropis to beat the dead horse a few more times. Going to see how that goes and if it turns out half-decent will run a recorded campaign with the new characters & story-lines (having learned from past mistakes :P).

Illy

#45 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Woot!

I always wondered, is it called Tropis because it is the world where all the standard fantasy tropes come from? :P

#46 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

I might be coming out of retirement later this year, actually. Me, my now 13yo brother and Alex have returned to Tropis to beat the dead horse a few more times. Going to see how that goes and if it turns out half-decent will run a recorded campaign with the new characters & story-lines (having learned from past mistakes :P).

Illy

Sounds cool, bro. Is Illy Junior going to use his own webcam, or will he be sitting on your lap while you're Skypin' it up? :)

#47 Manzcar

Manzcar

Stirge

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Illy

I will definitely be listening. Here is to hoping that you do cause a mind like yours was made to share.

#48 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

I always wondered, is it called Tropis because it is the world where all the standard fantasy tropes come from? :P

Trope-is, lol.

Naw, I just wasn't very good at naming things when I was 13. XD

#49 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Is Illy Junior going to use his own webcam, or will he be sitting on your lap while you're Skypin' it up? :)

I will be sourcing a desk-mic for the recordings after Easter. We'll be using that together.

I will definitely be listening. Here is to hoping that you do cause a mind like yours was made to share.

I'm touched. I hope the new recordings live up to your expectations.

So, yes, Regan has agreed to allow our campaign to be recorded. It is a back-to-basics high-roleplay campaign. Trying to avoid many of the things that have caused issue in the past: large cast, over-complicated story lines (read: 'The Lost Effect'), over-emphasis on trying to be a radio-drama, super-long episodes, Illy-Rageā„¢ (:P), and so on.

So, in many ways this is closer to the first season of Tropis, while presenting a more mature view of how the world might be. With all the drama, tension and characterization you know and love.

We've just about finished the first (unrecorded) adventure 'Ghosts of Wyrewood' and this new approach proved to work really well. I'll try and get Alex to pop along to give his views, so you don't just have to take my word on it. :)

Assuming Hal is fine to host (I've not spoken to him yet) you can expect to see 'The New Adventures of Tropis' sometime after Easter. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge