• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Cob37

Cob37

Ghoul

• Members
  • 619 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouse Springs, Missouri, U.S.A.

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:40 AM

I have been running IE, Opera and Firefox to check the site for a while now! Numbers are starting to indicate that Firefox is becoming more and more popular, generally because it is just so nice no doubt!

Hal :hal:

I use Mozilla and I do not get any annoying popups an any site I visit.

#22 ENoa4

ENoa4

Ghoul

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationChampaign, IL - USA

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

I use firefox almost exclusively. No problems here.

#23 WerewolfPaladin

WerewolfPaladin

Stirge

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA, or some place like it

Posted 08 September 2005 - 12:10 PM

I hate to ask, but is the snack discussion version of the first half of session 1 still available for MP3 download. I actually liked listening to that.

#24 Ffaern

Ffaern

Goblin

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationThe Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:35 PM

If anyone's interested Opera had a giveaway promotion recently where they gave away a free copy of their browser. The codes were:-

Operating System Registration Code
Windows w-jxtnp-Qtryx-6cyWD-mxEpz-fVXsR
Linux Intel u-Xemxn-NKwpy-xjXMC-jChSx-DKaBQ
Linux Power PCp-pQcdr-f3C4x-vLLuE-j5FSy-nU8hS
Linux Sparc k-XAUcp-WP34y-FpwuD-ayKdx-D7JhR
FreeBSD f-w3jnp-iWxyx-fFEWD-T8Mpz-by8sR
Solaris s-5jvRp-JEn4w-L748D-pHrez-JPiVR
Mac m-cawFn-r5Uyz-48njD-sNRnx-vEjLQ

This does away with the advertising window and gives you a legit registered copy. Since rpgmp3 is now a closed system I don't suppose that we are actually breaking any laws by publishing these here, also I suspect they may freeware their PC/MAC browser soon and concentrate on the handheld market for revenue. I mainly use Firefox but Opera is definitely worth a look.

#25 miyaa

miyaa

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:36 AM

Hi. I was just wondering where is the direct download for the World's Largest Dungeon, Part 34? Thanks.

#26 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:43 AM

My oversight - extremely sorry :P

Added it for you :D

Thanks for pointing it out.

#27 TrueLugia121

TrueLugia121

Toad

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:39 AM

hi there, new member here. e i wanted to ask did it really take you roughly about 5 days to complete the World's Largest Dungeon? or.......
cause i'm guessing 40 sessions would probably be around 150 hours there am i right? could that total about 5 days?

anyway you guys did excellent there. from what i've heard so far it's excellent. really been practicing my imagination abit and very funny indeed. more like comedy than role-playing to my ears.

#28 Dragonkin

Dragonkin

Resident Swedish Dragon

• Patrons
  • 485 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

The mp3s add up to a total of just over 123 hours, so just over 5 days and 3 hours of game time, yes.

#29 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:58 AM

That sounds about right :)

I think Fin added it all up when we were done and it comes out around 5 days solid over the 40 sessions :)

Obviously there is a lot more on the site. I will have to do a running total of all the audio on the site and see what we come out with :)

Glad you are liking it :) It was fun to do! And welcome aboard! Happy first post :)

#30 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 23 September 2007 - 01:17 AM

What I'd like to mention to all players considering this -- there are likely more audios online that you may be unaware of. I stickied a post a while ago about non-WLD audios, including some hidden gems. I'm not sure if all of them are online, but I'd like to hope so!

As well, I'm curious if Hal would be interested in posting some of the patrons-only (but kinda old) one-offs that never appeared on the site like Dr. Lucky and the D&D Boardgame.
Admittedly, they may be bonuses (bonii?) to encourage patronage, and if that's so, I'm all for it. But I think we should try to consolidate ALL downloads on a single page. One for Patrons, one for non, but not missing a single file.

#31 Boonide

Boonide

Stirge

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:49 AM

Never appeared on the site?

Then how did I get them? =o

#32 TrueLugia121

TrueLugia121

Toad

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:10 AM

i was gonna say both parts of Session 24 weren't Id3Tagged can anyone tell me why they.........?

#33 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:54 AM

Never appeared on the site?

Then how did I get them? =o

They did make it to the site :) They are in the Downloads Area under Board Game Reviews :)

On the torrent front we did try it for a while and it never took off. Not everyone uses torrents and we were not seeding the files very effectively so there was really no significant difference to us hosting the files and doing a direct download from our shiny stable server with loads of bandwidth and the torrent.

I do not think we will be doing the torrent again to be honest. It was time consuming and it confused people (which is why no one used it). Podcasting is fine - all the files are on a podcast and folks can get to that through iTunes :) Nice and easy like!

#34 Boonide

Boonide

Stirge

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:39 AM

Even if people did use torrents, they'd likely dedicate their downloader to larger downloads already started.

Relatively the rpgmp3 downloads aren't as heavy as the type of stuff torrents can haul in.

We're talking a difference in weeks in terms of download times.

#35 Zac

Zac

Toad

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:43 PM

Thanks Hal. I can't bring myself to listen to stuff on Computers. I need them on my iPod, period. =p

-Zac

#36 Boonide

Boonide

Stirge

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:15 AM

Thanks Hal. I can't bring myself to listen to stuff on Computers. I need them on my iPod, period. =p

-Zac

The spiral is ever gaining speed! Ha-HA!

It has gripped you tightly in it's embrace and little else is there to do than listen and weep for joy...

and cringe at the cringe-worthy bits.

#37 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:53 AM

Must have been my overly fast typing fingers Very Happy

Copycat spammer :gtfo: Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge