• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Phneri

Phneri

Goblin

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

So, I've been running my game for a bit, and the party we're running is a bit...different. We have:

The half-orc druid. Who's a half-orc. Honestly not that odd, but occasionally confusing.

The hobgoblin monk. Who had his eyes ripped out. Then replaced by rubies that occasionally shot fire. Then was torn to pieces by a horrible snake-creature and reincarnated as a dwarf. Who doesn't know dwarven and can't mine.

The halfling rogue. Who found an intelligent artifact roughly the same time as she discovered a symbol of insanity and is now more "meat puppet" than person.

The gnome rogue. Who's lawful and evil. And quickly descends into 20 minutes of lawyerese when debating legal issues, morality, or on any day of the week that ends in 'Y'

The half-breed drow necromancer. Who spends her days hating the sun so very much and her nights frolicking with her demon familiar and generally doing things with corpses that weirds everyone out.

So yeah. It's been that kind of game.

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:19 PM

Well in my group you have Roland a member of a nation hated by most of the civilised world. Oh and hes' a witch.

Then you have Moss the most unlucky Knight in history; he currently has been cursed never to tell a lie, to die within a year and has a cursed magical shield. He also has a habit of getting taken out by status effects in the first round of combat.

After Moss there is Carolynn, another Knight, she stays at the back and looks down on Moss, only to get bested in combat by a Farmhand so insignificant that he didn't even have a character token. Impressed that said farmhand was so flukey as to nearly kill her in one hit, she has now recruited him into the party.

Then there is Alexia a Daemon-Tainted woman who is paranoid about showing her face; oh and she can't swim.

You also have the sarcastic druid, Druce, who belittles his companions with a razor-edged wit.

Oh and last, but not least, Ga'Elroth the priest with a voice like a child mollestor. Oh and he channels the spirit of Captain Kirk whenever it is monologue time (all the time).

#3 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

In my group we have Asgrim, a dwarven healer who also just happens to be an insane killing machine. He screams battle-cries as he walks to the privy, is suspicious of any form of plant-life, and would probably die if he ever sobered up.

We have Gavin, a highly-skilled rogue who simply can't seem to get onto the same page as his dice.

We have Felesia, an Elven princess who also just happens to be a scarily-powerful spellcaster. Her solution to a combat situation is to bury the opposition in constructed and/or summoned minions, then cook the pile with plasma.

Eldritch is another accomplished mage, and no one (least of all himself) is fully convinced of which side he's on.

Puck is a disguised elf, a fighting illusionist who also has poor luck with the dice-roller.

And two or three other newer characters who haven't yet made a name for themselves.

And as a point of order: Druce doesn't belittle all his companions. :-)

#4 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:29 PM

You're right, he hasn't insulted Miyatch yet :P.

#5 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

You're right, he hasn't insulted Miyatch yet :P.

Clearly you haven't heard the latest sessions. Damn dog... :-)

#6 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:44 AM

I have a few groups going, but I'll stick to my most recent D&D game.

Darwin is a grey elf with inborn magical talents (sorcerer) that are rare among his kind and therefore has gone of adventuring on his own, a bit of a loner from his race, but with all the haughty arrogance his race is known for. He recently came into possession of a Coin of Power which is slowing changing him from Chaotic Good to Chaotic Evil, but that can be a very short road. Last seen fireballing horseback mounted mercenaries.

Ember is a wood elf druid/rogue, who distrusts most humans and has no qualms with slitting people throats after questioning.

Jelena is Ember's sister, a wood elf ranger/rogue. She does have qualms about throat slitting, but is also distrustful of humans and other humanoids, blaming them for encroaching on their homeland. They are both adventuring out of wanderlust. Her dedication to archery is unmatched.

The leader of these elves is the human Raizix. A fighter and swordsman, he often takes charge, and puts a 'human' face on the group. His favored weapon is a greatsword, but he is in possession of an intelligent short sword, which may one day come in possession of him.

Raizix has a kobold cleric cohort named Deekin, who joined them after they meet a great blue dragon (Yes, blatant rip-off of Neverwinter Nights, but if I was going to playing an NPC cohort on a regular basis, I wanted it to be a monstrous race). He is somewhat ignorant of the civilized world, but is still astounded at the things the group does.

Their misadventures are chronicled in the blog in my signature block.

#7 ShadeOfRed

ShadeOfRed

Kobold

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPella, Iowa

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:48 AM

Thought I'd throw my group out there...

We have Pock...the gnome fighter who thinks he needs to do a battle dance before battle, before eating, when meeting a new NPC, or when he isn't sure what to say.

Reverence, the Tiefling Paladin, who seems to enjoy spreading her godly teachings through pillow talk after finding the biggest, muscle-y-ist man in town and seducing them through just straight up asking them for a good time.

Shurri, the elf ranger who has multiple personalities...yes...literally changes her personalities often, based on a random die roll, and for some reason is the main spokesperson for the party. Which tells you something.

Marek, the Aasimar wizard, who...seems to enjoy exploding things a bit to much. She does, especially for an Aasimar.

Drew, the Lawful Good cleric, who feels he needs to comfort poor widows in every town in a very personal way. And who's most famous line is waking the party up while he was on watch by saying, "Wake up you (expletive deleted)!" I probably shouldn't type it out, since it is rather insulting to some people, not pc, and not something you would expect a lawful good person to say. Well I guess I'm unsure what his god would say about that particular lifestyle.

Malinar the Doodad. (bonus points if you get that) Who seems to think playing his character and class entitles him to make jokes about particular uses of his herbalism skill to find certain 'weeds' and 'mushrooms'.

They are a handful. And the number of times the Paladin has offered in the middle of a busy tavern to let someone 'Polish her breastplate' has gotten to be normal. As well as the Schizo elf ranger telling important NPC nobles where they can shove their fancy pants words and attitude after just spending 5 minutes being polite and kind...and a gnome hopping on a table to do a dance in same conversation because he couldn't think how to answer a question... Well you get it.

#8 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

Nneeeeecromancy! OooooOOoOOOooo!

Enh, I'll join in the fun. This is my crew of DnD misfits who seem determined to not play any actually recognized civilized race. 4 players, but some have multiple characters.

Magnus Skutterbutt: Genasi Swordmage - Magnus is all about reclaiming his family's honour, lost due to his father's cowardly actions in the war. This would be easier if Magnus was a noble, knight-like character instead of a tank who refuses to tank and instead just kills the weakest enemy he can find.

Faroof: Minotaur Barbarian - Faroof is exactly what you'd think a minotaur barbarian would be, except he's much more socially adept than people with higher wisdom and charisma on account of he's not a complete asshole. He also has a fetish for elven hookers.

Markham: Kalashtar Pacifist Cleric - Hailing from some exotic land and worshiping some weird blood cult, this guy is the only one in the group who knows how to really talk to people. He usually spends his days following in a wake of murder and mayhem, keeping the rest standing despite the incredible wounds they incur.

Raine: Razorclaw Shifter Druid - Raine fancies himself the leader. Really, he's just loud and opinionated and tends to run in the opposite direction of the way he should or the group wants to go. It's going to get him killed one day, but Markham will probably fix it. I wrote a prophecy about this ass and it's helped keep him in line because he's scared of it.

Argus: Minotaur Ranger - Argus is Raine's player's "nice" character. He plays almost identically and has a nasty set of swords, but isn't a complete asshole to everyone all the time.

Darric Farral: Dwarf Fighter - An ancient dwarf with a weakness for the drink who simply refuses to die. This was supposed to be an NPC the players would meet, but I realized I built him too well, converted him to a PC, and gave him to Markham's player who was looking for a defender to play.

Notable NPC's

Garradur "Ironfoot" Thraduum: Dwarf Artificer - Garradur was the healer back when they didn't have one. He wasn't very good at it, or anything else. Now he hides in the party's wagon, pulled by Krag the Dire Mule, and makes them magical items at discount prices.

Biskik: Kobold Rogue/Cleric - They wiped out Biskik's tribe and when he said they must be gods due to their great strength, they ran with it and started dragging him along to open boxes for them and scout for traps. Eventualy he got to be really good at it, and started calling out to his kobold kin that they met to join him in worshiping these new gods. Now he's the pope, and the party gets an eeire sensation now and then as if they can hear his voice in their heads, though he has long since left the party.

#9 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:40 AM

we have

tarquin
a moraly dubius asasin who loves nothing more than fitting necromancers whith tapps. thow jenraly sean wareing the uniform of his trade (lots of black) it is a littel known fackt that he also has a love for fine silk lingery.

mr wizard , somthing or other "the blue"
a new ish aditon to are haplles band, this spellslinger enjoys the weponisaton of sarkasum and making amiter adult films.

ember
the iron maden of the acordlands! and a fine bird :-)
embers hobbys include peking out raw livers and keaping SECRETS!!!

wanes monster rangler
wanes latest pc looooves to put arrows in things, frends, enamys, woodland cretures and ocatonaly pies or cakes

gilaran
it is hard to encapsulat the herowick wonder of this adventura in words. althow small in stature his deads bestride the acordlands like a collosus!!!

#10 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:08 AM

gilaran
it is hard to encapsulat the herowick wonder of this adventura in words. althow small in stature his deads bestride the acordlands like a collosus!!!

Plus he glitters, which I hear is big with the ladies this year

#11 Snappyapple

Snappyapple

Goblin

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

Does that explain the wolfman in the avatar, Telemergion? 8)

#12 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

we have

tarquin
a moraly dubius asasin who loves nothing more than fitting necromancers whith tapps. thow jenraly sean wareing the uniform of his trade (lots of black) it is a littel known fackt that he also has a love for fine silk lingery.

Honestly, Ross, I don't see anything dubious at all about Traquin's morals: he simply doesn't have any. No doubt at all. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge