6 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

http://www.eclipsephase.com/

I'm wondering if you guys will ever make a podcast out of this game... it's system seems to be Cuthulu/Spacemaster. It's a Sci-fi game where people are getting into 'upgrading' them selves by inhabiting 'morphs'. It is very hard to die, because you backup your 'ego'(your personality, etc.)

But, anyway, it seems like a good game and I think you guys would have a fun time with it.

#2 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

As it happens, I have this one, and I too would love to hear it done. Perhaps the Texans might drop it in during at some point.

#3 weasel

weasel

Goblin

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:59 PM

This game sounds really interesting. :D

I've been looking for a good post-singularity science-fiction rpg for some time - ever since reading Excession, in fact. I'm thinking about buying this and persuading the WH crew to give it a go after S7S, but so far I've only read about it, not seen the actual game.

Can anyone tell me - is it

a) any good?,

and

b) appropriate for someone (eg me) who likes rules-light narrative systems?

#4 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

To answer Herr Weasel's queries in order:

a) It looks very good. The setting is solid, and from a read appears to achieve a good balance of sci-fi and horror elements (always a tricky business).

b) Well, since I have a fairly famous dissatisfaction with rules-light narrative systems* you might expect any system that I say nice things about to have a fair bit of crunch. And in this case you'd be correct, but it isn't all that bad. Its a fairly-standard percentile-based system with some varying levels of resolution complexity. The OP described it as Cthulhu/Spacemaster, but being intimately familiar with both, I'd put it quite a ways closer to Cthulhu than Spacemaster. Nothing that I can see that should stifle anyone's precious creativity.

* And actually that isn't quite true; my dissatisfaction lies properly with pretentious players and GMs who tend to gravitate toward the more narrative systems. Present company is excluded, of course.

#5 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:58 AM

I just have read a lot of things that seem very funny.
If you have a certain 'implant' in your morph, you become immune to poisonous chemicals, gasses, spoiled food, etc. It even says you might start to like the flavor of chemicals like cyanide. Lol.

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:40 AM

Mmm, me likes me some napalm in the morning! :)

#7 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:52 AM

Could definitely make for an interesting recipe for Banannas Foster... :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge