• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Skyth

Skyth

Kobold

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

Haha, after finally listening to this so far I have to say that its amazing that any time Hal throws an awesome super-large mega monster people one hit it. XD

Yeah, after starting to listen to Rolemaster again and hearing all those giant beasts being slayed in 1 hit, I casually searched the internet upon wondering why the system wouldn't have large and super-large spell critical tables... and there were, apparently.

I'm not sure if this was an intentional houserule made before, but on the bright side, this means the party would've otherwise been totally slaughtered by the ginormous snake, worm, kraken, giant, etc. that came before. :P

I've listened to Hal use the large/superlarge magic crit tables at least once, so he knows that they are there. Just like I've seen him remember once that B crits do actually do crits to large creatures once, but usually forgetting that ;)

#22 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

What can I say? Fluid rules help keep players on their toes :P

Hal :hal:

#23 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:32 AM

Haha, after finally listening to this so far I have to say that its amazing that any time Hal throws an awesome super-large mega monster people one hit it. XD

Yeah, after starting to listen to Rolemaster again and hearing all those giant beasts being slayed in 1 hit, I casually searched the internet upon wondering why the system wouldn't have large and super-large spell critical tables... and there were, apparently.

I'm not sure if this was an intentional houserule made before, but on the bright side, this means the party would've otherwise been totally slaughtered by the ginormous snake, worm, kraken, giant, etc. that came before. :P

On the spell front it is a house rule versus large creatures. I generally feel that magic users are shafted enough without making them do even less ever 3 rounds to large and super large creatures while their fighter mates just hack away and get all the EXP :)

Tends to work on balance :)

Hal :hal:

#24 Skyth

Skyth

Kobold

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

Well, this is the first time I've seen someone use the preparing a spell rules ;) Especially since you don't use the same rules for bows.

Granted, you let casters use adders to overcast without penalty, so that probably balances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge