#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:14 PM

The party visit with Melandath and agree to help him in exchange for some mentorship.

Rolemaster Session 29

Filesize: 87MB

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

Thanks Texans!

#3 dkohaut

dkohaut

Kobold

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

Woot time for more wonderful roleplaying

#4 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

Yes!
Time to chew gum and listen, but I'm all out of gum.

More to say after I finish listening.

#5 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

Thank you Mr. Hal, and thank you other Texans.

#6 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

Thank you Long Tall Texans (Hal and Lindsay now come under this banner as they are home owners in Texas) :D

#7 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

Thank you Long Tall Texans (Hal and Lindsay now come under this banner as they are home owners in Texas) :D

But surely there must be some sort of height requirement?

#8 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:50 PM

In the beginning banter of this recording is the 'Twinkie Defense'

Actually quite a famous case in US history, as Dan White was convicted of voluntary manslaughter of Harvey Milk and George Mascone as a result of a diminished capacity defense, coined the 'Twinkie Defense'.

The rumor, which is untrue, is that Dan White was on a sugar rush of soda and Twinkies which caused him to commit homocide. A related rumor is that the Twinkies had red filling, and as a result of this trial that Twinkies don't have red filling any more.

Anyways, if you want to read about it more, it's at Wikipedia and Snopes.

#9 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:14 PM

Nope just a thumping bass line. :D

#10 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:40 PM

Thank you oh so much to Hal and all the Texans.

#11 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

You know, now that you guys are big and beefy you should go back clear out the Logroki(?) hold.
Get back the gem...
Open the huge door...
Get some more xp...

(I'm also still waiting on Lindsay to go into a pet store and get some crazy weirdo animal for a familiar. Maybe a platypus. Maybe a baby wraith.(The turtle sharks.))

#12 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

Not so much, Texas boy by the name of Audie Murphy was only 5'-5". You might have heard of him...

**should know better than to try and post between matches**

#13 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

Not so much, Texas boy by the name of Audi Murphy was only 5'-5". You might have heard of him...

Nope :D

#14 Stone

Stone

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBuckinghamshire, UK

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:22 AM

Well, it's taken me a while, but I've just finished listening to episode 29 of the Rolemaster game - having started episode 1 some 4 weeks ago and been working my way through it.

As for episode 29 - I wonder how many other people were looking at their mp3 players in disbelief at the mono-filament mesh trap scene. The barrier pit was the perfect way to get out of and bypass that trap - or at least would have been had Ned actually understood the scene. 5' wide corridor, a bar with the mesh on either side of Ned. Ideal pit would have been a mere 3 feet wide, six feet deep, and 10 feet long - no collapsing tunnel, filament bars remaining up at normal ground level, and room to stand on either side of the pit as it is formed, so you can jump down rather than fall...

Sorry Ned, but you really should have asked for a diagram before you cast the pit!

My hat goes off to Hal though. His ability to ad-lib NPCs is incredible.
I think the shopping trip in episode 28 was the funniest - Old Madam Whackety will definitely make a guest appearance in my own game! My problem is that everytime I try to do something like that - when the players crack up - I can't hold it together and crack up too!

#15 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:43 AM

Well, it's taken me a while, but I've just finished listening to episode 29 of the Rolemaster game - having started episode 1 some 4 weeks ago and been working my way through it.

As for episode 29 - I wonder how many other people were looking at their mp3 players in disbelief at the mono-filament mesh trap scene. The barrier pit was the perfect way to get out of and bypass that trap - or at least would have been had Ned actually understood the scene. 5' wide corridor, a bar with the mesh on either side of Ned. Ideal pit would have been a mere 3 feet wide, six feet deep, and 10 feet long - no collapsing tunnel, filament bars remaining up at normal ground level, and room to stand on either side of the pit as it is formed, so you can jump down rather than fall...

Sorry Ned, but you really should have asked for a diagram before you cast the pit!

My hat goes off to Hal though. His ability to ad-lib NPCs is incredible.
I think the shopping trip in episode 28 was the funniest - Old Madam Whackety will definitely make a guest appearance in my own game! My problem is that everytime I try to do something like that - when the players crack up - I can't hold it together and crack up too!

We still give him crap about that fiasco. :lol:

#16 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:46 AM

I have never seen a person with such bad visualization skills. :D

#17 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:51 AM

Haha, after finally listening to this so far I have to say that its amazing that any time Hal throws an awesome super-large mega monster people one hit it. XD

#18 DownbeatGorilla

DownbeatGorilla

Toad

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

I have never seen a person with such bad visualization skills. :D

While listening, I was following Hal's description perfectly fine, and was sure that Ned had cast Barrier Pit under the near side of the wire. Then he started speaking and totally confused the scene. I'm still not sure what the heck he was trying to pull, other than trying to make the others run into the wire and take damage.

I think the Elf has become a little twisted from his brush with lichdom, and is trying to off the rest of the party in "accidental ways." Mazcar et al, beware he doesn't run into any insurance salesmen along the way to give him some extra incentives.

#19 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:36 AM

Then he started speaking and totally confused the scene.

A problem so many of us encounter when describing our brilliant plans, alas.

#20 Snappyapple

Snappyapple

Goblin

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

Haha, after finally listening to this so far I have to say that its amazing that any time Hal throws an awesome super-large mega monster people one hit it. XD

Yeah, after starting to listen to Rolemaster again and hearing all those giant beasts being slayed in 1 hit, I casually searched the internet upon wondering why the system wouldn't have large and super-large spell critical tables... and there were, apparently.

I'm not sure if this was an intentional houserule made before, but on the bright side, this means the party would've otherwise been totally slaughtered by the ginormous snake, worm, kraken, giant, etc. that came before. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge