Rolemaster Session 28

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

There already are a few Excel-based character sheets out there on the Web, some better than others. The one I've found that I actually like can be found HERE. Of course, for Hal's game he'd have to be the one to evaluate the needs; none of the ones I've found out there are friendly to the house rules I use.

#22 mad_hatchet

mad_hatchet

Raven

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

If everyone does end up using excel sheets, those could be posted online without too much trouble, no?

#23 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

It probably would reduce time taken for games when people level up.

#24 undecided44

undecided44

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFairfax, VA

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:48 AM

There already are a few Excel-based character sheets out there on the Web, some better than others. The one I've found that I actually like can be found HERE. Of course, for Hal's game he'd have to be the one to evaluate the needs; none of the ones I've found out there are friendly to the house rules I use.

Aha. And you like that sheet. I can understand that it's a very utilitarian sheet and it does a lot of automatic claculation, but some of the dependant calcualtions are tenuous. Regardless, I'm not sure I could do better than the calcualtions that are included, but there could be something to improve in terms of visual arrangement.

@ CrazyMLC
the linked sheet does have a very easy system to handle leveling up, but it is completely automatic: after you enter the xp, it updates the "level linked" bonuses to stats without indicating what changed. I think that's the biggest thing that could be improved from this sheet: presenting a tracking method that lets you easily remember what's changed since the last time you opened the sheet. That way you could do a quick review at the end of the session and take out all of the temporary effects before saving the sheet.

#25 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:09 AM

Looking back on this: Why did Goggles get armor?
I, personally, don't think he needs armor, he needs spell adders.

As it is, he can only really cast one useful spell, then hes out.
We need more awesome nightblade spells. *pout*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge