#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

The party venture down the road and discover a lovely abandonned coaching inn where they meet lots of new friends and are kindly and filled with love for their fellow man. Yeah .... right :P

Warhammer: The Thousand Thrones Session 12

Filesize: 74MB

EPIC Podcast Updated!

Let me know what you guys think!

Cheers
Hal :hal:

#2 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

Yey. Just as I'm about to download session 11 and feeling all depressed you come out with session 12. *kisses you all*

#3 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

Thank you Hal, Lindsay and the Long Tall Texans :D

#4 gabriel

gabriel

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAugusta, Georgia

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

Can't wait to give this file a listen. I have officially become addicted to this game thread. THanks for posting it, guys.

#5 tadcan

tadcan

Toad

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:25 PM

Go Lindsey the master GM!

As soon as the podcast started I had a big grin my face. Glad to say none of the characters have had an attack of common sense yet.

But no after game banter? It ended to quickly.

#6 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

Thank you Mr. Hal.

#7 errand

errand

Errand

• Patrons
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChilliwack, BC

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

That was a lot of fun. Lindsay running the game is so interesting. That being said...

Dude, get that cough looked at. How long has it been?
You are blowing my eardrums out. Oh and your health may be at risk too.

That being said, seems like a fun session full of the usual plot avoidance and wandering aimlessly :)

#8 Caelvan

Caelvan

Goblin

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

Excellent, I just finished the Rolemaster session, now for Warhammer :D .

#9 JoeGun

JoeGun

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSunny SD

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

Great session guys and gal. I was just trying to figure out what Occupation Ned's dwarf is. It didn't seem to get mentioned in the podcast ( unless i'm just stupid and missed it ), other than he isn't a rat catcher.

Keep up the great podcasts!

#10 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

I return from my week-long nightmare and I get a Warhammer in return. I love you people.

Thank you Mr. Hal, and all the Texans.

#11 gabriel

gabriel

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:04 AM

I Finally got a chance to actually listen to this one (Instead of having it in line with all the other games from here I have been listening to) and I have to say it was great. I HATE running conflicts when you have 3 or 4 sides in the actual battle, but Hal and Lindsay handled it very well.

And I have to agree with whoever suggested Girl get a sling. For a character with physical stats so low, it would be a great way for her to help in combat while preventing massive damage to herself. But aside from that, Girl is by far my favorite character. I love how she uses her "charm" instead of her sword arm. And of course teh Dangce of a Dozen Sausages illustration helps too. :)

I did want to ask, however, if the session was supposed to end with a fade-out. The other sessions end with everyone saying various versions of "good-bye". I'm really wondering if Mr. Charcoal lost his arm. That would be a hell of a twist and a great way to illustrate just how nasty WFRP can be.

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

Thanks all! Another enjoyable session.

Liked the new GM. :D

Interesting to hear Hal's running commentary GM thoughts as well.

#13 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

I did want to ask, however, if the session was supposed to end with a fade-out. The other sessions end with everyone saying various versions of "good-bye". I'm really wondering if Mr. Charcoal lost his arm. That would be a hell of a twist and a great way to illustrate just how nasty WFRP can be.

I had to listen to it a few times to figure out what happened...I assume a fade-out would be intentional on Hal's part, because they might have just decided to stop after some non-game banter.

Perhaps he will enlighten us :?:

This was a fun session to listen to, especially at the beginning. "I think we just lost out on a lot of xp"

#14 mad_hatchet

mad_hatchet

Raven

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

Thanks, great session to listen to. It was neat to hear someone else GM too.

It's always nice to be able to listen to a party slowly become surly, ill-disciplined, suspicious of authority, and completely uninterested in battling the forces of evil. :)

I for one think that Girl should become an innkeeper, and that the rest of the campaign should be centered around the difficulties of running and maintaining an inn. :) It sounds like the start of a great sitcom.

Edit: And for more of a "Saturday morning cartoon" style thing, you could bring back in Ulrich and his army of one-breasted, sadistic/masochistic chaos cultists. It could be a weekly thing, where Ulrich pulls some half-assed "Skeletor" style move to take over the world, and the party has to stop him.

The party will foil Ulrich's plan, never hurting Ulrich but knocking him over into the mud or something, and Ulrich will shake his fist and deliver his trademark line, ie. "You may have stopped me this time, but I'll be back!" And the whole time, his six nipples are lactating :oops:

If the voice actors will volunteer, I know someone I can force to animate it :)

#15 gabriel

gabriel

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:52 AM

You know, I think the vision of a muddy Ulrich with six lactating nipples just gave me an insanity point. 8O

#16 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:05 AM

You know, I think the vision of a muddy Ulrich with six lactating nipples just gave me an insanity point. 8O

It gave every one an insanity point including Ned. :D

#17 The_Nalic

The_Nalic

Goblin

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationBradford, W. Yorks

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

Can't wait for a decent net connection so i can download this! Was listening to the original warhammer one-off again today, still highly amusing made working on sunday in the rain fly by :D

#18 gabriel

gabriel

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:48 PM

Oh trust me, if you liked the Oldenhaller Contract, I think you'll love the Thousand Thrones. Just remember that the first session is LOUD! But after that, things get really good. Listening to these guys game makes me want to visit Texas. And believe me, that takes a lot. :wink:

#19 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

Okay, I finally sat down and listened to it. And do you know what I realized?

I've been full of it. You guys get a perfect flow going when you get ridiculous. :D

#20 Falsecut

Falsecut

Toad

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPalmerston North, NZ

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:53 AM

Another excellent session. I'm just in the process of ramping up to run the
Paths of the damned campaign and this series has been great for getting me psyched up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge