48 replies to this topic

#21 5monkeys

5monkeys

Stirge

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

I've been through about four sets of ear plugs.

It's kind of frustrating because I use those sports ones with the hooks on them. Otherwise they fall out of my ears. They cost about as much as my mp3 player does. :D

The worst thing though is not the speakers wear out, no, no, no... it's that the copper wire near the jack wears through from movement. :x

It's worth the frustration though. I just have to keep an air on for the signs of impending disco audio.

#22 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:30 AM

Five years of WLD!

#23 Hafwit

Hafwit

Stirge

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:37 AM

Congratulations! :)

#24 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:40 AM

Congratulations! Thanks for the scan of the PHB...I think I'll print it out and use it for fame rubs. :P 8)

#25 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:01 AM

Five years of WLD!

"999" seems very appropriate :D

#26 EegahInc

EegahInc

Ghoul

• Site Artist
  • 904 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA - USA

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:55 PM

Wow, five years. Thanks for all the fun, guys. And the inspiration as well.

#27 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:00 PM

Five years of WLD!

"999" seems very appropriate :D

Would that be Police, Fire or Ambulance? :)

#28 Fin

Fin

Stirge

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

Coastguard

Fin :twisted:

(Still not a father) :starwars:

#29 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

Coastguard

Fin :twisted:

(Still not a father) :starwars:

I was thinking morality police :twisted: and I hope father hood comes soon sir. :D

#30 Lesconrads

Lesconrads

Toad

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:27 AM

Oh wow... I've just finished stuff that's 5 years old. In "internet years" that's like 135 years! It's almost ANCIENT!
This was an enormous dungeon you 5/6(?) went through. It really seemed like it was designed to take you from 1 to 20, doesn't it? And the epic story went from "oh my god where are we here" to "there's a pansy world eater/destroyer that needs to be kicked".
I wish there was more plot in there - or maybe I should say "accessible plot"... I would have loved to learn about the last enemy a little.

I loved the characters! Faylin, the personification of "yoink!". Even though it was a little annoying from time to time - that's exactly what this little halfling was all about. And I was amazed, that Lindsay kept her character close to what was intended for it. No "I think I just failed my search roll" - awesome.
And Balazar is now my most favourite of all wizards! I would have loved to see him get consumed by an inner evil - maybe some benefits for that... but it was obviously his choice.

I was a little sad, that the two other characters died and their replacements never really got into the group that much. Bastian and Garute (spelling ><) just were that great. It was all balanced between them. I was so happy about the happy ending it all took.

Why am I writing all this? I don't know. Being interested in it but not a roleplayer myself I cannot contribute that much to the forums (Well... I can cover my traffic costs, but that's it). I just want to show you, that there are people that enjoy the recorded roleplaying sessions very, very much!
I even somehow... "acquired" some "not so physical" versions of the 3.5 D&D books to see, what these are like - never having seen one. Sadly, my friends are by far not nerdy enough to buy and play some d&d :(...

Hal - you got me all interested in those dragon-filled dungeons . It seems to be just what I was looking for for those boring evenings. Inviting friends, having a few beer 'n pizza and rolling some dice. I didn't think d&d was that chilled out ^^

So thanks again!

#31 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

Well I'm on session 3b for the first time!

I know it's all been said before... FIVE YEARS before in fact (!)... But this really is great fun to listen to.

Thanks to the 2004 incarnations of all involved, all of whom are still active in the rpg entertainment industry today! :D

#32 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

Well I'm on session 3b for the first time!

I know it's all been said before... FIVE YEARS before in fact (!)... But this really is great fun to listen to.

Thanks to the 2004 incarnations of all involved, all of whom are still active in the rpg entertainment industry today! :D

Welcome to the fold Jomster. :D

#33 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:12 AM

Thanks! Didn't take me long really, did it? :D

#34 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:02 AM

Thanks! Didn't take me long really, did it? :D

Only three years not that long. :D

#35 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

Well, apart from all the pretentious (and well deserved!) praise for the "pioneering actual-play podcasting" achievements, I give the WLD recordings credit for adding phrases to the gamer lexicon ("Hit it 'till it dies!" has become a mantra at my gaming table) AND for refocusing interest in big-ass dungeons. My group started just such an adventure* last Summer with the idea of, "Let's see if we can do this better than Team Cripple."**

So thanks again for giving us what's (for us) four days' of laugh-a-minute geekery. Granted it was quite a bit longer for y'all.

*(Goodman Games' DCC#51 "Castle Whiterock", for those of you interested--it rates quite quite high in my opinion)

**(They haven't reached that mark thus far)

#36 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:05 PM

Yup, for a cr*ply edited book, and having to convert everything from 3 to 3.5 on the fly, the WLD was alot of fun. :)

And Team Cripple is still my favorite adventuring party (including any of my own :oops: ).

#37 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:54 PM

I...

To be honest, I've only gotten through half of WLD so far. :oops:

But it is brilliant. Think I'll start re-downloading it now...

#38 Snappyapple

Snappyapple

Goblin

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

Finally finished all 40 episodes of WLD. By my computer's record, the first episode was downloaded on July 22 last year, so it's only taken me 3/4 of a year to eventually get through it. :D

Most of the best parts were still Team Cripple's earliest days/weeks/months in the dungeon. They were wide-eyed and powerless against the massive and inanely cruel dungeon, rather than inured to party death (or just gone partially insane, IMO) and plowing through the final regions in a straight line to finally escape.

So cheers to Hal and crew for many entertaining hours from this review.

#39 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

I'm up to session 11 so far and it's cracking stuff! Session 10 had the biggest battle so far and I actually got nervous for the PCs! (which is a good sign by the way!)

Thanks all! :D

#40 gazza567

gazza567

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

I just had to add to this thread. I have just finished WLD and loved it. It was so funny and enjoyed listening to you guys having so much fun and frustrations that goes with the WLD module.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge