#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

The party face down a weakened Blood Dragon vampire in an attempt to rescue a young noble and end up in the middle of wild melee involving many horrifying opponents. In a state of panic, Ulrich shows where his true loyalties lie.

Warhammer: The Thousand Thrones Session 11

Filesize: 82MB

RPGMP3 EPICs Podcast Updated!

Let me know what you guys think :)

Cheers
Hal :hal:

#2 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

Hal, I love you, I really do. :cry: *Tears of joy*

Thank you, Mr. Hal, and the Texans. I shall listen to this with great enjoyment.

#3 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Ah the chaos mutant is out of the closet. Somehow a mutant coming out is probably more dramatic than the more conventional kind of "coming out". :lol:

#4 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

Thank you Hal. :D

#5 mkenaz

mkenaz

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPHX AZ

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:02 AM

Ah the chaos mutant is out of the closet. Somehow a mutant coming out is probably more dramatic than the more conventional kind of "coming out". :lol:

spoiler much? lol

#6 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:50 AM

Well, it's in Hal's description.

I only listened to a bit of it before I fell asleep (this was intentional, mind), so my review so far.

1) I swear that the Texans themselves are being corrupted by Chaos. Did we really need the entire pre-game banter to be about hairy male genitalia? Particularly when my headphones are broken and my family's Greek Orthodox? :P

That is all. :D

#7 tadcan

tadcan

Toad

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:20 AM

I've been listening to the warhammer sessions since the start. Just had to register to say, You guy's(and girl :lol:) fucking Rock!

Best episode ever.

#8 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

Well, it's in Hal's description.

Yeah, that :P.

#9 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

I've been listening to the warhammer sessios since the start. Just had to register to say, You guy's(and girl:lol:) fucking Rock!

Best episode ever.

Good moring.

I (and I am sure all the Texans and Lindsay) are greatly appreciative of the fine and articulate decloak :)

So glad you are enjoying it :P

Welcome to the forums.

#10 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:33 AM

Okay, having finished it, I shall now finish my review.

2) Ulrich, you shall be missed. Before you became a hideous freak, you were the best of them.

3) Be that as it may, you went out in the most AWESOME way imaginable.

4) You guys are, in retrospect, probably NOT going to change careers at chapter 4, given the amount of XP you skipped.

5) As a man who loves puns, I must say, "omnipppletent" was perhaps the best example I have ever seen. Well done.

#11 mad_hatchet

mad_hatchet

Raven

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:17 AM

Great episode, probably the best Warhammer one yet.

Speaking as somebody who had read a spoiler, though, I really wanted to see some of the PCs get killed by vampires. It really seems like it would mesh well with the whole warhammer atmosphere to have the characters constantly close to death.

That was very funny usage of fate points with Ned too :D ! Invent your own mutation...

#12 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:21 AM

Great episode, probably the best Warhammer one yet.

Speaking as somebody who had read a spoiler, though, I really wanted to see some of the PCs get killed by vampires. It really seems like it would mesh well with the whole warhammer atmosphere to have the characters constantly close to death.

That was very funny usage of fate points with Ned too :D ! Invent your own mutation...

Oh yes!

"I carefully position my blade at his neck, stab in, and keep going until I hit the wood."

"Fate point!"

:D

In addition, since the patrons seem to be several episodes ahead of us at least, tell me, does Mutant Ned ever make another appearance?

#13 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

Due to a variety of summer commintements and the like the Patrons really are not that far ahead of the main site with Warhammer :)

He has yet to show up. He is currently licking his wounds and building up a rampaging hoard of beastmen before returning and making Konrad his Slave For Bum Fun (SFBF) :P

#14 mad_hatchet

mad_hatchet

Raven

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

Yes, Warhammer has demons, undead, mutants, rape, murder, insanity, worship of dark powers. But what's it missing? Oh yeah, incest. :oops:

#15 david

david

Toad

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

Really enjoyed the session... great stuff.

Obviously, Hal can run his game any way he likes, but I thought I'd make a small correction. Technically, WHFRP 2e does have called shots - a fact that would have helped immensely in the fight versus the blood dragon or other heavily armored opponents. See the core book page 131, table 6-2. Various other interesting bonuses/penalties are defined on the same table.

#16 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:10 PM

Obviously, Hal can run his game any way he likes, but I thought I'd make a small correction. Technically, WHFRP 2e does have called shots - a fact that would have helped immensely in the fight versus the blood dragon or other heavily armored opponents. See the core book page 131, table 6-2. Various other interesting bonuses/penalties are defined on the same table.

What happened to the old Strike to Injure skill that let you swign the hit location up to 10 points each way? That's still in, right?

#17 david

david

Toad

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:13 PM

I'm unsure how Strike to Injure was defined in 1e, but in 2e it is a talent that makes critical hits more severe (Critical Value +1), but doesn't modify hit location.

#18 Sonyakdragon

Sonyakdragon

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

I just want hal to let ned run the demon when it shows up that would be awsome. I loved the parting shot thanking Konrad for saving him haha

But ned would you have picked a differant mution if you knew Hal was going to take the toon from you or were you pretty sure it was going to be reroling a toon anyway so wanted the best you could get?

#19 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

Yeah! We spotted it after the fact :) With two books at the table and two of us looking I am generally inclined to either make a rule up or just move on and none of them are really very trained when it comes to combat so flailing around was the best they could hope for :P

#20 James

James

Ghoul

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • LocationMagnolia, TX

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:01 PM

Flailing?!?

We were fighting like highly trained Spetsnaz commandos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge