#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

The party arrive in a small village and encounter some resistance from those who believe they are still wanted criminals. They are asked to come quietly (which never goes well) and end up turning a reasonably simple process of plot building into a rather large mess :P

Warhammer: The Thousand Thrones Session 9

Filesize: 69MB

In addition to the total mess the party also experiences it's first death and potential use of Fate Points...

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:49 PM

Thank you Hal, Lindsay and the Long Tall Texans good work once again. :D

#3 Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Goblin

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:47 AM

Thank you Hal ! !
There's not enough hours in my work day tomorrow to listen to both Rolemaster and this one. . . What's a poor boy to do?
We love you Texans for all your hard. . . er. . . Gaming !

#4 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:22 AM

...I love you guys. I really do. Putting up Part 9 just as I'm off for a long, boring church session. You're angels, you really are.

Thank you, Mr. Hal, and the rest of the Texans as well.

#5 mad_hatchet

mad_hatchet

Raven

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for the update Hal.

Ned: When everybody hears me on the microphone, they think, is he high or stoned or something?

I started listening to the group during the 4th Ed. podcasts. In one of the early sessions, there's a good 20 minutes or so of roleplaying where Hal's NPCs run circles around Ned (It's when Ned agrees to take one of the farmers to "the ritual").

In hindsight, I suspect Ned was rather tired that session. At the time, I thought it was rather strange and cruel that the mentally handicapped member of the group had been sent to do all the dialogue and advance the plotline.

#6 Caelvan

Caelvan

Goblin

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

Excellent! I have been waiting to see what happens in the Warhammer universe.

#7 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

My comments on the session:

1) I still say that, if Glen were still around, he could at least stop SOME of the crazy. He has reason. For he is Jesus. :D

2) Go Ned! Keep on with your efforts to turn the world into one happy Slanneshi family! :D

3) I was wondering when someone was actually gonna die. Only a matter of time, really. Relates to part 1.

4) To be honest, the first time I heard Ned, I thought that he was one SOMETHING. This was also around midnight as I climbed into bed to listen to the first 4e podcast. And then I listened to Labor of Love, threw the idea out of the window, and came to love him anyway. :D

5) Only in the context of this game does "I'm going to beat him to death with a live chicken" make any kind of sense.

6) Honestly, though, WILL Hal bring up the issue that, on a long walk, Ned will smell terrible? I heard them joke around about it in Rolemaster 25, but this really could be a problem for the Nedster. If he gets caught...before he has a chance to enslave the world...things could go bad.

It's a legitimate plot point!

#8 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

3) I was wondering when someone was actually gonna die. Only a matter of time, really. Relates to part 1.

Just remember fate points. He may live yet...... :lol:

#9 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

...DAMN YOU DWARF, AND YOUR IRRESISTIBLE LOGIC! :D

It was most of a day ago, so I can't quite recall, but did anyone point out fate points AS the two of them were getting shot and skewered?

#10 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

It was most of a day ago, so I can't quite recall, but did anyone point out fate points AS the two of them were getting shot and skewered?

What would be even more shocking would be if using a fate point caused him to have visions of his wife which forced him back to consciousness just to get away from her!

#11 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

Don't worry son. They come in real handy a little later....

:lol:

#12 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:45 PM

Don't worry son. They come in real handy a little later.... :lol:

What ever would you mean Sir Shouty? :D

#13 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:07 PM

Don't worry son. They come in real handy a little later....

:lol:

I hate smugness.

I shall now launch into my twelve-book epic entitled "The Scent of Ulric on a Hot Day on the Road". :lol:

#14 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

Don't worry son. They come in real handy a little later.... :lol:

What ever would you mean Sir Shouty? :D

Keep it up and my next character will be a hard of hearing Dwarf. 8O

I hate smugness.

I shall now launch into my twelve-book epic entitled "The Scent of Ulric on a Hot Day on the Road". :lol:

You sick bast... I was eating my lunch!!!! :oops:

#15 combatmonkey11

combatmonkey11

Kobold

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:35 PM

At the time, I thought it was rather strange and cruel that the mentally handicapped member of the group had been sent to do all the dialogue and advance the plotline.

He's not "mentally handicapped", just lived in the woods with no one but Mr. Squiggles the leader of the Furrytails clan of the Tree Squirrels. So city's or even towns aren't his strong suit.

Plus his Int. is the highest in the party's :D

#16 Sonyakdragon

Sonyakdragon

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

he just has no wisdom and is use to simple things :D he so far has manged not to get shot and has not got the crap beat out of him by guards maybe the others should start playing simple mined porset folk to? :wink:

#17 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:50 PM

he just has no wisdom and is use to simple things :D he so far has manged not to get shot and has not got the crap beat out of him by guards maybe the others should start playing simple mined porset folk to? :wink:

That is probably the best option for there general health. :D

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

The dread disease of "Multiple subplot fatigue" notches up a kill.... this was looming big time in the previous session and no mistaking and now.... it has found a victim! Mwa-ha-ha-haaaaa! :twisted:

I wonder if the Baggers played 1,000 Thrones prior to Accordlands and adopted their passion for plot avoidance after one investigation too far!

What was it one PC said in this session? "I go to the stocks... and wait"! Ah right, rather than take on the subplot-multitudes you mean? Cracked me up that did! :D

Don't get me wrong though, this campaign is really fun listening! A real ensemble piece! Tomorrow's commute will see the begin of the attack on the next session! We're looking at a straight run on Warhammer till we get through all the published sessions! Thanks all! 8)

#19 James

James

Ghoul

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • LocationMagnolia, TX

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

Oh, it gets worse.

#20 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:54 AM

I think this is my favorite session so far. Its the episode you can finally hear them mentally snapping, and no matter what way they run they keep running into the horrible plot monster. :twisted:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge