#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:26 PM

A small session done as a catch up for missed session due to personal stuff :)

The party leave Marienburg and venture forth following the destruction left by the passing of the Crusade of the Child. They arrive in a small village and promptly start trying to shoot people and annoy them as much as possible. This is one of the problems with hiring criminals :P

Warhammer: The Thousand Thrones Session 8

Filesize: 112MB

RPGMP3 EPICs Podcast Updated

Let me know what you think!

Cheers
Hal :hal:

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Thank you Lindsay, Hal and the Long Tall Texans. :D

#3 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Mr. Hal! I've been waiting for this for what feels like forever. Death to boredom!

Yay.

And, I suppose, thanks to the rest of the Texans, now that I think about it. :P

#4 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

My review of the long-anticipated Warhammer 8:

I know you guys are in an awful world where evil pretty much runs rampant, but I'm surprised you aren't all involved with Chaos somehow. These dudes are evil!

Also, apparently, some of them rolled a very low INT. You shot at the noble who had you surrounded by crossbowmen. I rest my case.

All in all a good session, though I would like to see more of Ned enjoying his mutation. You've got a constantly lactating breast that turns people into sadomasochists! You're also irredeemably evil by now! When you've got it, man, use it!

Okay, rant over. Good session, people. Although, again, you'd think that even with something to soak it up, the smell of constantly dripping breast milk would tip someone off to the fact that SOMETHING isn't kosher. God help him if he gets the five in a row; he'll have no choice but to do something drastic...

#5 Avoozel

Avoozel

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:56 AM

Willamina Dumble-Duffin, AKA Billie Double D, AKA The Lady of Sausages, AKA the Sausage Queen of Altdorf, AKA Girl, you have been charged with being a chaos mutant as you seem to have the biggest pair of brass balls possible for a halfling.

#6 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

Posted Image

Hal :hal:

#7 MarioRC

MarioRC

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:29 AM

Indeed the taint of chaos has started to affect the whole party and they don't realize it yet. Even the Halfling that is somewhat immune is drifting. Great role-playing Wilhelmina BTW! The bet is on: will the party get trough chapter 2 with their mind intact or will they fall sway to their dreams and wonder over to the wastelands to join the hordes of chaos?

#8 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

Wahey, Hal managed to slip ina reference to the old Chaos Palanquin of Nurgle :).

#9 SisterRave

SisterRave

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

That was fun. The poor Ron Weasley -like kid who lost his silly rat :).

Also, The Deadliest Warrior is indeed ace in a completly stupid way.

#10 Caelvan

Caelvan

Goblin

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

Finally I am caught up with the rest of RPGMP3, at least with Warhammer. I have thoroughly enjoyed the sessions so far. It is nice to see the different RPG systems in use.

Keep the great role playing going. Although I am surprised nobody tried to conceal a weapon when they were taken away from the party.

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

Thanks all that was another fun session. I'm waiting with interest to see how the players' tolerance holds up if the author puts in yet another investigative task later in the adventure any time soon... They were pretty close to the edge already I thought! Made for good listening though! :D

#12 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

Thanks all that was another fun session. I'm waiting with interest to see how the players' tolerance holds up if the author puts in yet another investigative task later in the adventure any time soon... They were pretty close to the edge already I thought! Made for good listening though! :D

Posted Image

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image

Just listened to the following session... and I see what you mean!!!!

:D

#14 Jon_a_Ross

Jon_a_Ross

Toad

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:52 AM

I enjoy listening to your podcasts, but sometimes I just like to hear what is happening when too strong a hand is used to guide the players.

The railroading to force the players, in chains, to the town seemed excessive. (Ok, not in chains, but they sure felt like it was) Especially as the players were going to the town anyway. Once the players started to lose their cool I personally would've backed down, regardless of what was written in the adventure. The point of the game is to have fun after all, not to play out the story as it was written.

I notice that the adventure gave the storyteller a number of hooks to get the players going, and the one you took was the heaviest handed one. You are prisoners and you must go and do as I say. The other hooks suggested perhaps are not the sort of thing your players would agree to do (I don't know your players as well as you do) but having this part's hook being so similar to the first would have caused me to adjust it.

But I do have to say that we play a different style of game. I rather rarely stick to a prewritten adventure as closely as you do. Prefering to instead wing it when the players start to get off track. Then I allow them to go where they want with the main plot sending letters (or whatever) when the players seem to be running out of steam on their own course.

Some of that also comes from my own willingness to fight back against railroading.... My character would've been in stocks rather then do this little mission.

All that said, I waited this long to listen because I wanted to be able to sit down and listen from episode 8 to the end of the campaign straight. (Oh and I've never heard you -to this point- call for a skill test that was easy. I'm not sure if I missed it or if it just never came up.)

Keep up the good work (and I see from one of the topics that your game doesn't end cleanly. If that is the case and your players are willing I would welcome a third part to listen too. (Episodes 0 to 7 were listened to over a couple of days and then put on hold as it was the end of a chapter.)

Oh and while I'm ranting the beginning of this session you had the players level and were quite excited to talk about next careers. At the rate they are getting experience to this point it will be another ten sessions before they finish their first career ;)

#15 woojitsu

woojitsu

Ghoul

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOroville, CA

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:23 PM

But I do have to say that we play a different style of game. I rather rarely stick to a prewritten adventure as closely as you do. Prefering to instead wing it when the players start to get off track. Then I allow them to go where they want with the main plot sending letters (or whatever) when the players seem to be running out of steam on their own course.

One of the purposes of putting up audios of published campaigns is to act as a review of the product. This is, I believe, why Hal sticks so closely to the adventures as written, not just in Thousand Thrones, but in all of the published games he has run for the site.

#16 Jon_a_Ross

Jon_a_Ross

Toad

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

One of the purposes of putting up audios of published campaigns is to act as a review of the product. This is, I believe, why Hal sticks so closely to the adventures as written, not just in Thousand Thrones, but in all of the published games he has run for the site.

Which is fair enough. But if you don't bend a little when the players start pushing, they keep going until something breaks. Thus session 9 and the fight in the tavern.

The poor players struggle to get away from the plot as best they can. (As I have today off I stopped and read this chapter of Thousand Thrones I have to say that this bit was a touch too linear and as they pointed out MASH episode like. And given how the characters are not brawlers I wonder if anyone will make it to the offical chapter end.)

#17 Uglysos

Uglysos

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

:lol:

happy to be here . :lol:

take much time to register a forum .

#18 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing