18 replies to this topic

#1 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:17 AM

Knights of the Dinner Table #150 gives a good mention to the World's Largest Dungeon recordings in the Web Scryer column.

It says RPGMP3's resources for the Megadungeon are better than the Alderac official ones.

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:44 AM

Very cool though a little behind schedule. :D

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:04 AM

I shall have to pick up a copy and check it out :)

Though Keener is correct, the WLD was a tiny while ago :D

Hal :hal:

#4 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:42 AM

Are you still the only lot to go all the way through it on audio? :)

#5 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised. It took this lot 40 sessions! How often do games get that long (aside from Warriors of the Accordlands)?

#6 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

I shall have to pick up a copy and check it out :)

Though Keener is correct, the WLD was a tiny while ago :D

Part of a megadungeon article. I'm sure if you asked them they won't mention it again for it being "too old" .:D

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:17 AM

No no now :)

Thats not what I was saying at all :D

I have ordered a copy - thanks for the heads up!

#8 DM501

DM501

Kobold

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

Congratulations Hal, and if I may ask other readers of this thread, were you also attracted primarily by the number and density of acronyms in the thread title?

The intrigue of finding out what the hell Hal was talking about, well, it was frankly irresistible.

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:37 AM

I bet the KenzerCo cubicle dungeons are still echoing with shrill cries of "Balazaar!" and "I'll shoot you with my shooty bow!"
Posted ImagePosted Image

EDIT: Balazaar would probably imagine himself more like Posted Image rather than Posted Image

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

Unfortuantly it takes a little while for KoDT to arrive from America at IGUK and then from IGUk to me, so I only read issue 150 today. Big congratulations on getting a mention, Hal!

#11 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:31 PM

One of my friends here in California has a subscription, bulk rate, so he hasn't gotten his yet, but I plan on borrowing it.

Congrats!

#12 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised. It took this lot 40 sessions! How often do games get that long (aside from Warriors of the Accordlands)?

You haven't played Night Below have you? That took us about 8 months with sometimes 3 or 4 sesisons aweek and that was 2nd edition (so fights were faster).

We did have a few side quests in the interest of variety. There were some purely hilarious moments (like the elf's player working out the kobold facing him had to be using a magic dagger to hit on that die roll and stooping to pick it up, and getting mobbed by the two other kobolds still facing him - served him right really).

#13 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

I loved Night Below (ponders)

Steve has my copy however and now WotC have scuppered my plans to possibly run it by not letting me download the PDF. Monkeys :(

Thought i might try it in 4e to see if it works :D

#14 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

Oh Hal - running Night Below would be absolutely classic!!

Of course, I'd like to hear you guys play it in 2e, rather than 4e. I just can't make myself interested in the 4e system any longer - part of what I love about listening to the games is the desire to play that comes with it. There's no desire anywhere to play 4e after I tried it for 2 months. :(

If you owned a legit copy of a Night Below pdf and are just unable to re-download it because of WoTC's little hissy-fit, I'm sure that there is a work-around out there somewhere.

#15 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

http://www.twitpic.com/5ammn

Played Living FR 4e yesterday down at BURPS. As usual got disapproving looks & comments for not running my pre-gen optimised character in an optimised way in combat.

Still something a little different to play every so often!

#16 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

You the guy in the background with the axe "attacking the darkness"? :)

#17 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

:) Nope. I'm "Sir, not appearing in this photo."

A half Elven Cleric of Bahamut, whose was a controller, defender, zamboni driver or something (but not an "invoker" that was Chris' character).

#18 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:47 AM

If you owned a legit copy of a Night Below pdf and are just unable to re-download it because of WoTC's little hissy-fit, I'm sure that there is a work-around out there somewhere.

I own a legit pdf copy and this site here has all the Night Below player handouts in jpeg/pdf format for easy reference :).

Maps

Player Handouts

They're actualy beter quality scans than the maps and handouts in the official pdf (where edges are at odd angles, overlap or sometimes even have tiny bits missing).

I was going to send Hal a PM about buying him a legit copy (using the "buy it for someone else" options) but then the whole taking files down thing happened.

Additionaly I've converted about half the npc's to 3rd ed statblocks and I'm sure I could do the rest of them at a push.

You know it could, erm, get accidentaly burned onto a CD and put in the post. But I wouldn't know anything about that. Honest :P.

I do have a boxed copy. It's within 12" of my computer, possibly even 8". My mate up in Gloucester has 2 boxes although he got the 2nd one because there was so much missing from the 1st (he'd lost some bits - mine's still intact - I ghot the pdf as backup, and because it was £4.25 or some rediculously good price like that :)).

#19 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:10 AM

You know it could, erm, get accidentaly burned onto a CD and put in the post. But I wouldn't know anything about that. Honest :P.

The post is very outdated. You can chat, telephone, even send files via skype. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge