8 replies to this topic

#1 Dwarth

Dwarth

Kobold

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC, Canada

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

I was doing some toilet reading yesterday of the Warhammer Rulebook and fumble on the "when do you get insanity point" list.

1) When you suffer terror

2) When you receive a critical hit

3) When the DM feel it's right

I don't remember you guys receiving any for the rule #2. Is it that the characters didn't receive any critical yet (but I think you did!)? That Hal is nice and don't apply this rule? Or the rules was forgotten?

BTW: it's nice to see a corrupted player hehe and nicely played also!

#2 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:45 AM

I was doing some toilet reading yesterday of the Warhammer Rulebook and fumble on the "when do you get insanity point" list.

1) When you suffer terror

2) When you receive a critical hit

3) When the DM feel it's right

I don't remember you guys receiving any for the rule #2. Is it that the characters didn't receive any critical yet (but I think you did!)? That Hal is nice and don't apply this rule? Or the rules was forgotten?

BTW: it's nice to see a corrupted player hehe and nicely played also!

If I remember right we had to make a save against it & I do believe that David has 3 or 4 now.

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:12 PM

I am house ruling insantiy points with regards to Critical Hits. They will only receive them if they are forces to spend a Fate Point to avoid death due to a critical.

I always thought that IP were a little harsh, especially for the frontline fighter types who stand a solid chance of taking crits quite often.

Hal :hal:

#4 ElLocoMarko

ElLocoMarko

Raven

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationFort Collins, CO

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

That sounds like a good rule. My Warhammer GM said most of his long-lived characters found their demise in insanity.

Without that house rule, I can see most characters reaching insanity before they even get to their second career.

#5 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

That sounds like a good rule. My Warhammer GM said most of his long-lived characters found their demise in insanity.

Although bizarrely, I played a frontline fighter in a WFRP campaign for ayear and a half and only accrued about 2 insanity points (and only used 1 fate point). Having a toughness of 6 or 7, a moderate ammount of armour and lots of wounds might've had something to do with it (as did taking less stupidly suicidal risks than certain other party members).

Our party marksman ended up missing an eye, a leg, two fingers from one hand and one from the other. Despite all that he was still a rediculously good shot with his crossbow (even if he did have to be carried around on a stretcher). He actualy ate one or two of those fingers himself when he succumbed to insanity in an isolated situation (and before anyone could get to him).

Also, disturbingly, due to the minor criticals available from rolling maximum damage, in that campaign a goblin was slain by a hand hurled raw potato!

#6 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

Also, disturbingly, due to the minor criticals available from rolling maximum damage, in that campaign a goblin was slain by a hand hurled raw potato!

You have to be careful those potatoes will fuck you up. :D

#7 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

You have to be careful those potatoes will fuck you up. :D

...you've obviously never been hit in the head with a raw potato. Those things hurt. :(

I could see this happening, since the thrower probably had biceps the size of my head.

#8 5monkeys

5monkeys

Stirge

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:10 PM

Apprentice Wizards and Hedge Wizards go nuts pretty quick too. Any time a casting roll comes up all ones Wizards gain IPs. Apprentices and Hedges only have a Magic trait of one and have no other restriction on how often they can cast their spells. It's very easy to cast every round. There's all sorts of other reasons to want to cast spells.

My Apprentice Wizard was the second one in our party to go insane after our armless Dwarven marine. :D

All the surviving characters went insane in some way. Insanity is very mean. Funny though.

#9 Dwarth

Dwarth

Kobold

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC, Canada

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:32 AM

Nice house rules indeed I'll keep that in mine for the next time I have time to play WH.

The good thing with WH is that adventuring is NOT heroic, it's the easiest way to die, get insane and of course get corrupted. No signing bird, sunny day and colorful flower in WH!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge