11 replies to this topic

#1 ElLocoMarko

ElLocoMarko

Raven

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationFort Collins, CO

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

I have realized that I probably will never catch up with this podcast. I enjoy the content and have gotten up through episode 14.

I'm wanting to skip forward and would like some guidance.
I'll keep listening to these early episodes until the Black Tower is wrapped up.

After that, when is the most recent start point of a major plot? Are there any must-listen episodes in between the end of the dark tower and recent stuff?

If there is some kind of non-spoiler summary thread please just send me that way.

#2 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

eeeeerrrrrrrmmmmmmm

all the ep's twhith me in are ace :-)

#3 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

I don't think I'll catch up now with the avalanche, but hey, maybe the other podcasts will dry up and I can.

Anyways, episode 16 is important, even if some of it was lost forever (there is a written version here to make up for it. 17 is a good place to pick up if you want to skip ahead just a little bit after reading the synopsis.

38 is the start of a new plot, and actually goes over some of the previous plot.

I'm listening to 47 now, and it is the start of a new plot. After that, I don't know.

Hope that helps.

#4 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

Session 13 is hilarious with Ross trying to open a door.

#5 ElLocoMarko

ElLocoMarko

Raven

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationFort Collins, CO

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

Thank you Mr. Whiteblade. That is quite helpful.

Yes Ross, I do enjoy the antics of your wacky Nimbic. Someday I'll check out other Bradford stuff and discover if your are always a jumpy bundle of energy or just incredibly good at staying in character.

I did a couple test-listens on some of the epsiodes a little ways out to see how much black tower is out there and found the intro to session 20 where a drinking game is invented to allow re-rolls. That one seems like a must-listen....

I doubt I'll actually be able to jump forward when the time comes because of all the little moment that I know I'll be missing.

#6 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:46 PM

i am just a super hard core role player , chech out my nazi elf :-)

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:04 AM

This is a great idea, I am definitely going to be putting this to good use; I, too, would prefer to hear all the little golden moments (most of which, no doubt, involve the Nimbic ;)), but I just don't have the time; having access to a sort of 'Best Of' compilation is a nice addition. :)

#8 5monkeys

5monkeys

Stirge

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:32 AM

In general most of the individual plots are about 3-4 episodes long with occasional episodes where they just shop or argue or ponder the greater plot mixed in.

With the most recent Accordlands general releases it seems like the main site is as close as it has ever been to being up to date with raw audios available to the patrons. Consider that the intro that Hal created for WotA uses sound bites which all come from episode 19. So the main site was for quite a long time almost twenty episodes behind.

Accordlands is one of my very favourite audios. I'm not exactly sure why that is. I have considered in the past trying to build a rough outline of the events in the sessions by number. However, this would require listening to them all again for a 3rd (or possibly fourth) time.

There's so many good episodes, it's hard for me to tie down the best ones.

EDIT: I tell a lie. the sound bytes come from episode 29.

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:36 AM

I have considered in the past trying to build a rough outline of the events in the sessions by number. However, this would require listening to them all again for a 3rd (or possibly fourth) time.

You say it as if that would be a chore. ;) A helluva lot of work, yes, but surely not a chore!

#10 firepixie

firepixie

Kobold

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationLeeds

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

No, he's not a super hard core roleplayer - he's like this in real life!!

It doesn't take much to get him all excited and running around madly - I've seen him standing on tables and jumping off chairs while GMing games in the past :lol:

Ross is just one of life's naturally exuberant people, with enough energy for the rest of us put together :?

T.xx

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:50 PM

Following on from the name of the thread, a timeline of key episodes would be quite handy, if only to remember what's gone on in all the previous material.... e.g.

Session A: Mass brain whammy
Sessions B to C: Necromancer's tower
Session D: Working out how to get a dragon's hoard of gold out of the dragon's lair (answer: you need a lot of donkeys or an awful lot of stoats...)

and so forth...

#12 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:22 AM

I've seen him standing on tables and jumping off chairs while GMing games in the past
T.xx

bean waaaaay to long sinse i gm'd something,
mite have to dust off my hat :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge