26 replies to this topic

#21 salvagebar

salvagebar

Kobold

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

Hal: You were right to make the edit you did, and the warning was just right. You handled this in a classy, tasteful way.

I never thought I'd be saying this - and I've played Grey Ranks, the most brutal RPG setting imaginable. Maybe it's because I've had sexual abuse in my past - something about this just seemed unbelievably callous.

I hate to pass judgment on a story, or the way anyone participates in a storytelling exercise, but my moral compass is spinning madly.

#22 Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Goblin

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

Handled fine.
Knowing it was coming up on the audio made it worse. Kind of like watching a Youtube video when you know someone is about to be badly hurt. You wait for it, build up a level of expectation and anguish only to have already convinced yourself that by viewing it you would somehow get over it. The edited silence, in conjunction with the warning left the nasty business out of it.
What would Lindsay think of you boys? She leaves you alone one night and this sort of thing happens. . . tsk. . .tsk. . .tsk. Nasty boys, playing in poop, killing innocent merchants and swinging from ladders, player vs. player attacks. . . shameless. . . . .

#23 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:40 AM

I their defence, the merchant was hardly innocent :P

Hal :hal:

#24 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:48 AM

What would Lindsay think of you boys?

I actualy got to thinking that the unspeakable act would probably not have occurred if she had been present. But apparently she was out trying to shoot JR (and then find some minor character nobody would miss to blame it on instead of letting one of the folk who'd actualy want to shoot him be responsible as common sense would dictate).

#25 Exia-Aznable

Exia-Aznable

Toad

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

Just got done with the new session and I think it safe to say that Ulrich is the Eric Catrman of Warhammer, and Titus is the Scott Tinnerman!

#26 Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Goblin

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

In the event that the poor guy went by an nickname, I am to believe that Titus Fokker's friends call him " Tit Fokker" ?

#27 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

In the event that the poor guy went by an nickname, I am to believe that Titus Fokker's friends call him " Tit Fokker" ?

It is nice to see a new person get there sea legs for these forums. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge