#41 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

In retrospect, I suppose that wasn't the best "introductory" post, but I've been listening to the podcasts for so long now, I guess I didn't feel the need to introduce myself. My mistake.

To clarify, I'm not suggesting that characters be killed for being rude. I was startled by this particular podcast, though. Towards the end when guards surrounded the building where the characters discovered recent murders, demanding the characters surrender their weapons, the response from some was essentially "Shut up, I'm reading!". Right then and there, I felt the characters were getting off way too easily and perhaps that they are starting to feel safe, too safe. :)

But of course, like I said, this comes down to whatever gaming style the GM and the group prefers and if everyone is happy with it, it matters not one bit what anyone else thinks.

All IMO. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers...

As for my game of choice, yes, it is D&D. I'm an old git by now and have come full circle, it seems. I started with D&D (the red box) and AD&D back in the day, went through my "realistic" phase and tormented myself and my players with Chivalry & Sorcery and various other systems and homebrew rules, and now I'm back with D&D. I think the 4th Edition is an excellent update, even if this obviously isn't shared by everyone or indeed anyone here. Insert your snide comments here. ;)

No feathers ruffled :) Everyone is entitled to opinion. In games like DnD I have no issue killing characters as that is the nature of the game. I always felt the RM was a little above just slaughtering the party every couple of fights and I like to keep things rolling forward.

I also hate it when the party dynamic changes every 5 minutes. It doesn't happen in novels so it shouldn't happen in gaming. We are here to tell a story right? :)

Welcome to the forums. We are all very accepting of different play styles and the like round here. We even have folks who love 4e getting on with folks who love ADnD and one red box (of which there is one on my shelf) :)

I think you will like the next planned project ;)

Hal :hal:

#42 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

I think you will like the next planned project ;)

Ooooo, next planned project I am already in anticipation. :D

#43 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

Caught that one eh? :)

I was trying to keep it secret. No idea how you managed to ferret that out Keener-Bot :D

Will be up for Patrons at some point real soon ;)

#44 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

I was trying to keep it secret. No idea how you managed to ferret that out Keener-Bot :D

Very powerful algorithms :D

#45 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

I also hate it when the party dynamic changes every 5 minutes. It doesn't happen in novels so it shouldn't happen in gaming. We are here to tell a story right? :)

Well.... what if the character has an undiagnosed case of schizophrenia?
:tiphat:

#46 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

and one red box (of which there is one on my shelf) :)

Hey don't forget purple box! I've got the purple box sitting somewhere in my room too (complete with the free copy of the, by now legendary, B2: Keep on the Borderlands, which came with it).

Admitedly I got it froma mate when I was 13 and he'd had it for a few years (picked it up ata car boot sale somewhere) but it is still mine :P.

#47 Sonyakdragon

Sonyakdragon

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

I freely admit that my wedding present to my hubby was myentire 2nd edtion collection he was happy

#48 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

I freely admit that my wedding present to my hubby was myentire 2nd edtion collection he was happy

You are a good wife. :tiphat:

#49 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

Does that mean you've stopped playing?!

#50 Sonyakdragon

Sonyakdragon

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:00 PM

nope it means I had a good esxuce to buy 3rd edtion when it came out :P of course with two gamers in the faimly a trip to a game store means we have to take turns being the on to say no we have to pay bills not buy those 10 books we want on the other hand it's easier to comprimse and just get 2 :wink:

#51 Conn

Conn

Kobold

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

You probably dont remember cause it was yonks ago you did this, but finaly caught up, and I have to say, its rather surreal being talked about, though not by name, on the mighty RPGMP3 dot com!
I somewhat feel as if this fourth wall has been broken down, smashed and crushed in a implosion of doom.

#52 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

...and I have to say, its rather surreal being talked about, though not by name, on the mighty RPGMP3 dot com!

You get used to it, then when one of them actually does mention your name it starts all over again. :D

#53 Conn

Conn

Kobold

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:06 AM

Dont think I am on the forum for often enough for that to happen unfortunately.

#54 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:21 AM

If you ever tire of being obliquely referred to in the audios, just do what I do: Insult the hell out of everyone, preferably in comic strip form. :twisted: I do that all the time, and my name has not come up since. :D

#55 Conn

Conn

Kobold

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

Now that good sir, is a plan among plans.

#56 deltree

deltree

Toad

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

To be honest I've never been a fan of goggles's characters in the past, but I nearly cried when he exposed the reason for Malik's exile. That was absolutely beautiful, and the line was brilliantly delivered. Hats off to you goggles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge