55 replies to this topic

#21 ZachDood77

ZachDood77

Stirge

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

Of course if the elf were to run away again...

#22 Wryce

Wryce

Goblin

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

Also, even if you do get hit by something that leads to instant death, you still have a number of rounds of soul departure. Magar, even without the silvery stuff, is of a race that has the second longest soul departure time in the game, at like, 12 or 15 rounds. Something like that. That's a long time. The only person who has a real threat of immediate death is, ironically enough, the healer. But when he gets to the point where he can bring himself back from the dead subconsciously... Healers are awesome.

#23 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

I'm on Episode 16 so far, really enjoying this game. After Mister Metal took the 00 crit a few sessions back and kept going, I'm starting to wonder if anyone's going to die.

I vote DEATH!

Ok... You.... :gtfo:

We come close enough to that later on.

Another survival factor that cannot be mentioned enough is Ned; when the crit against you reads 'Die in six rounds', and the elf can stroll along three rounds later and make you all better... I would not be giving Ned half as much shit as he gets.

Yea but it's fun.

#24 Akira1121

Akira1121

Goblin

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:17 PM

Ieqo wrote:
Another survival factor that cannot be mentioned enough is Ned; when the crit against you reads 'Die in six rounds', and the elf can stroll along three rounds later and make you all better... I would not be giving Ned half as much shit as he gets.

Ieqo is now my favorite person on the forum. :D

#25 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:19 AM

Ieqo is now my favorite person on the forum. :D

Not surprising :D

#26 corlath

corlath

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

Excellent stuff, thanks guys.

#27 woojitsu

woojitsu

Ghoul

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOroville, CA

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

Great first post, corlath! Keep it up.

Welcome to the boards. :D

#28 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:46 PM

Yes. Yes I could hear the head shake.

#29 mkenaz

mkenaz

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPHX AZ

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:00 AM

Lol just got caught up here, much better than D&D at least to listen to, really quite amusing, about how often do you update?

#30 5monkeys

5monkeys

Stirge

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:13 AM

Lol just got caught up here, much better than D&D at least to listen to, really quite amusing, about how often do you update?

Typically, the play Rolemaster every second week. There should usually be an update to the main site audios that often too.

Welcome to the site BTW.

#31 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:32 AM

Typically, the play Rolemaster every second week. There should usually be an update to the main site audios that often too.

Welcome to the site BTW.

Though there has been some interference with the game lately due to sickness and I think the next game may have some issues due to it being Mothers day on sunday. :D

#32 Anders

Anders

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

I think Hal is going easy on them.

I think so too, but I guess it comes down to different gaming styles. From a roleplaying point of view, I think some of the characters would have been killed long ago for their rudeness.

Also, I hate it when everyone keeps babbling at the same time and interrupting the GM.

#33 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:23 AM

I think so too, but I guess it comes down to different gaming styles. From a roleplaying point of view, I think some of the characters would have been killed long ago for their rudeness.

Also, I hate it when everyone keeps babbling at the same time and interrupting the GM.

Great way to start off your posting here! Generally, one wouldnt introduce themselves by declaring their hate for something we do, but hey.

Welcome..

#34 ZachDood77

ZachDood77

Stirge

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:28 AM

Anders wrote:
zachjack77 wrote:

For the record I was being funny and didn't clarify. I think those crit tables are hard enough on you guys already. :D

#35 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:51 AM

I have to say that for Rolemaster I do not like to be arbitrary with killing characters. Partly they take so long to make and partly no character should be killed for being rude. What the hell kind of game world do you play in? Oh, I suspect DnD :P

If people were killed for being rude the world would be lot of a quieter place. And introductory posts would be a lot better considered ;)

You are correct however, for RM it my choice to run like this. I prefer to emphasize the story and the event over random killing and character switch outs :)

Welcome to the forums. Hope you stick around :D

Hal :hal:

#36 Sonyakdragon

Sonyakdragon

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

And if Hal killed PC's for rudeness they'd never make it out of the first town...in any game well some of them might if they walked away really fast

#37 Anders

Anders

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:02 AM

In retrospect, I suppose that wasn't the best "introductory" post, but I've been listening to the podcasts for so long now, I guess I didn't feel the need to introduce myself. My mistake.

To clarify, I'm not suggesting that characters be killed for being rude. I was startled by this particular podcast, though. Towards the end when guards surrounded the building where the characters discovered recent murders, demanding the characters surrender their weapons, the response from some was essentially "Shut up, I'm reading!". Right then and there, I felt the characters were getting off way too easily and perhaps that they are starting to feel safe, too safe. :)

But of course, like I said, this comes down to whatever gaming style the GM and the group prefers and if everyone is happy with it, it matters not one bit what anyone else thinks.

All IMO. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers...

As for my game of choice, yes, it is D&D. I'm an old git by now and have come full circle, it seems. I started with D&D (the red box) and AD&D back in the day, went through my "realistic" phase and tormented myself and my players with Chivalry & Sorcery and various other systems and homebrew rules, and now I'm back with D&D. I think the 4th Edition is an excellent update, even if this obviously isn't shared by everyone or indeed anyone here. Insert your snide comments here. ;)

#38 mad_hatchet

mad_hatchet

Raven

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

Towards the end when guards surrounded the building where the characters discovered recent murders, demanding the characters surrender their weapons, the response from some was essentially "Shut up, I'm reading!". Right then and there, I felt the characters were getting off way too easily and perhaps that they are starting to feel safe, too safe. :)

I suspect part of it is that the players are tired of getting blamed for or dragged into crimes that they had nothing to do with. As in Warhammer, Session 8, when the Blausbleut try and arrest Konrad and Durrak and things go south very fast. Ironically, when they murdered a bunch of (admittedly evil) merchants in 4e - Thuderspire Labyrinth, they got away with nothing but an extra quest to do :wink: .

I don't know any of the players and realize I might be entirely wrong, but it seems to me that the group is getting a bit ornery, between Durak and Konrad's near suicidal behavior in Warhammer 09's bar scene and Tans' behavior in Rolemaster 26. David, of course, continues to push Hal's NPC's buttons, but nothing unusual about that :roll: .

#39 ZachDood77

ZachDood77

Stirge

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

You gotta remeber though that the thing about the Texan Gamers is that they're... Texans. They're known for not exactly responding well to authority figures. Especially if they're blaming them for something they didn't do. :P (JKNG... Kinda) Also on a side note... It is now my birthday!!!! :D

#40 Murine_Archmage

Murine_Archmage

Stirge

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:41 AM

Erm.... just inserting another comment here. Define "too safe".

*my attempt* Too safe: A condition in which the party is absolutely certain that their characters will never die, and will at worst be inconvenienced every once in a while.

This does not include:

Knowing any combat can and will result in painful maiming

Knowing that there are more powerful people out there that have no problem putting them in their place

Knowing that their lives hinge on the whims of a suicidal healer

Knowing that their biggest combat asset can very easily turn into their biggest liability

*this message brought to you by the "Less Grit and realism, more lightening the hell up and heroism" Committee. Have a nice day :D*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge