56 replies to this topic

#41 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

Thanks for the info about the Tome of Corruption...

The only religion we should argue about are RPG related ex: what is your favorite Chaos God (I personally love Slannesh!)

Are you kidding? Give me Tzeentch any day. Sure, he'll turn me into a horrible, mutated freak, and I will be his pawn in whatever he's planning, but come on, how can you NOT love Tzeentch. Besides, if I may say so, he sounds ever so slightly less malevolent than the others. Only slightly. Still a kind-of-evil bastard, but I'd rather have him than Khorne, Nurgle, or Slannesh...

#42 salvagebar

salvagebar

Kobold

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:51 AM

Thanks folks,

Missed this one. Plus I hate coming over at the Forum Police (nee naw, nee naw (police car noise)).

I think religion is one of the topics that really is best left clear of the forums. We are a pretty mixed bag on here and I can guarentee that any religious views (unless related to fantasy or historic pantheons) will likely cause some discomfort for some poor soul.

Keep it nice a light folks :)

Cheers
Hal :hal:

On the metaphysics of Warhammer FRP - Is there any divine magic in this system? I know a lot more about 40K than FRP, so I know about the four Chaos Powers. This kind of thing also came up during World's Largest Dungeon once or twice. The clerics walking around and calling on Torm or Helm or Banjo, God of Puppets, are pretty much proof positive that these gods have some reality; there is no question of faith.

Fantasy pantheon gods tend to be drawn like the gods of Homer's poetry (a great model to follow, really). They are just like any other prince, only bigger. They have short-term and long-term goals, a dominion which they defend, and clients who they serve.

#43 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

On the Chaos gods front, I always had a soft (sticky, pus-filled) spot for Father Nurgle. I think his presonality is done so very well.

Yes, there is divine magic in Warhammer. The priests and priestesses have a limited number of gods to follow. If I am not mistaken I run through the gods of the Empire at the start of the next session :)

Hal :hal:

#44 woojitsu

woojitsu

Ghoul

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOroville, CA

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

So...Warhammer. Nice session. Also, I'm kind of curious: for a guy who does not have any books related to Warhammer, just how bad can these mutations get?

My personal favorite is Blood Replacement. There's a chart of possible things to have running through your veins, and none of them are pleasant. Centipedes, mice, acid, phlegm... Quite possibly the worst of them is vomit: it spews out of your wounds on anyone who attacks you and has a chance of mutating them.

#45 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

So...Warhammer. Nice session. Also, I'm kind of curious: for a guy who does not have any books related to Warhammer, just how bad can these mutations get?

My personal favorite is Blood Replacement. There's a chart of possible things to have running through your veins, and none of them are pleasant. Centipedes, mice, acid, phlegm... Quite possibly the worst of them is vomit: it spews out of your wounds on anyone who attacks you and has a chance of mutating them.

...yes, I think I shall stay as far away from this game as humanly possible. That is...wow.

#46 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:12 AM

And I agree. Which is why I recommend that we just stop talking about it altogether. It'll never go away if we keep bringing it up, even about how bad it is.

Well I don't know about the new mutation tables but the 1st edition d1000 mutations table included the incredibly nasty illussion of normality (hid all your deformities) and the rather overpowered technologicaly mutation "what do you mean your arm's turned into a heavy plasma gun with unlimmited ammunition?"

On the metaphysics of Warhammer FRP - Is there any divine magic in this system?

The gods are known to grant their most devout followers spells in the Warhammer world. However this isn't a D&D Disneyland with anyone who claims to believe in everything chucking around healing spells left, right and centre.

The path to enlightment is a long one with lots of acolyte, adept and priest carreers before you even see spellcasting abilities. Most folk you'd see serving at a temple have no magical ability whatsoever.

#47 ElLocoMarko

ElLocoMarko

Raven

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationFort Collins, CO

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:41 PM

For some reason, I want these characters to have a very difficult time staying alive...

Concerning Ned:
"A character cannot attempt to dodge and parry the same attack"
(first edition rules page 129 just below the bit about one dodge per round)

#48 ZachDood77

ZachDood77

Stirge

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

I keep wanting them to act more like the crew of the serenity. The dwarf could be the Malcolm Reynolds character. having a wife can be like being in a war zone.

#49 5monkeys

5monkeys

Stirge

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

I'm pretty sure one of the options was eyes. I love that. Someone gets wounded and eyeballs start gushing out of the wound. :twisted:

#50 Akira1121

Akira1121

Goblin

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:08 PM

Concerning Ned:
"A character cannot attempt to dodge and parry the same attack"
(first edition rules page 129 just below the bit about one dodge per round)

That part was clear but can they be used in the same round against different attacks? Remember he striked me twice on different attacks not the same attack.

#51 ElLocoMarko

ElLocoMarko

Raven

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationFort Collins, CO

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:25 AM

That is a bit of a gray area. I also think it wasn't Ned but actually Conrad (played by James). Sorry, sometimes I get the Steignwult brothers confused.

I'll just have to let it go. Hal is a nice DM who works cooperatively with the players and all that... not the "old ways"
http://www.penny-arc...comic/2009/3/4/

#52 Murine_Archmage

Murine_Archmage

Stirge

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

That is a bit of a gray area. I also think it wasn't Ned but actually Conrad (played by James). Sorry, sometimes I get the Steignwult brothers confused.

I'll just have to let it go. Hal is a nice DM who works cooperatively with the players and all that... not the "old ways"
http://www.penny-arc...comic/2009/3/4/

Just remember: The loud, angry one's James, the quiet, sleazy one is Ned :P

#53 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

I think it was session 3 or this one where someone mentioned the actor from Serenity and Kinky Boots (and some fighting film about not fighting).....

Anyway, his name got mentioned in a radio program (Radio 4's film program or something) because he's in a new film that's come out. And to quote my pm to Lindsay:

In one of the audio's I listened to recently you mentioned that actor with the unpronouncable name who plays the agent in Serenity (and stars in some film you liked called Kinky Boots :P).

Well anyway, he's been in a new film that's coming out (or telly thing). It got mentioned on the film program and they said his name. Since we all know the BBC has a pronunciation department I hope they got it right (and probably asked him too).

They pronounced it Shoe - you Edgey - for

So Shooyuu Edge -ee-for

Hope that helps chuck :).

#54 James

James

Ghoul

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • LocationMagnolia, TX

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

Thanks for the info

#55 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

Thanks all for another entertaining session!

Nothing like sneaking up on somewhere stealthily is there? :D

You don't always see a bit of someone's cheek taken out in the haze of battle either do you? 8O Vintage stuff!

#56 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:14 PM

Great session!

Did I hear it right or was the little serving girl the most lethal member of the party in that fight? :lol:

#57 mad_hatchet

mad_hatchet

Raven

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

Well, in a professional fighting force, if everybody just does their job competently the group as a whole won't do too badly. When you have a party full of characters who "have no business adventuring", somebody's gotta step up or you're gonna have a TPK!

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the WFRP races are really that bad at fighting, if you count both melee or ranged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge