#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:40 AM

Using my shiny new VNC connection and as I arrived at work a little early this morning...

Rolemaster Session 20

Filesize: 110MB

After the party with the pygmies, the party head off further into the lake and manage to find themselves some blaster rifles.

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Let me know what you guys think :D

Hal :hal:

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:07 AM

Thank you Hal. :D

#3 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

Ha. This one was a blast (tee hee) to listen to, and yet another episode that kinda makes me want to try Rolemaster. Thanks Hal and the Texans!

#4 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

Thank you thank you thank you.

#5 dkohaut

dkohaut

Kobold

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:07 PM

I love the Rolemaster Podcast.

#6 Shadowbane

Shadowbane

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:22 AM

Long time lurker here who's been listening to the podcasts for a while now. I'd just like to pop in and say how much I've been enjoying the Rolemaster podcast definitely one of the better ones I've listened to and it's nice to hear people enjoy a game so much. :)

I have to ask though, a lot of the encounters and situations that the players meet do they come from certain rulebooks or do you just make them up of the fly? I'm particularly thinking about the sphere island from this podcast and the jester skeleton from before.

Keep up the good work people I can't wait for some more :D

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:50 AM

A great majority of the stuff they are encountering is made up on the fly :)

The sphere island / spaceship was something I thought was an interesting idea as the planet they are on is actually part of a shiny space empire :) (see Space Master).

The Jester skeleton was totally made up based on the fact I had stats for a sovereign skelly. I thought a little skelly court might be interesting :)

I find RM very easy to ad lib. The rules are flexible enough to allow me to do pretty much anything I like. Love it. Also takes away some of the prep time needed when I can just have ideas and make them happen in game without having to plan and balance things.

Also, welcome to the forums. Nice to have you on board.

#8 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

A great majority of the stuff they are encountering is made up on the fly :)

I am shocked - shocked I say! - to learn this 8O No GM safety net? No script? No grey-toned boxes with descriptions to read out to the players? ARE YOU INSANE???

:D

#9 Zeuss

Zeuss

Toad

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

I've got to say the rolemaster podcasts are my absolute fav at the moment! Everything is completely off the wall and yet IT WORKS!! Keep up the great work..Can't wait for the next installment!! CHEERS ALL :)

#10 Dwarth

Dwarth

Kobold

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC, Canada

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

I am shocked - shocked I say! - to learn this 8O No GM safety net? No script? No grey-toned boxes with descriptions to read out to the players? ARE YOU INSANE???

The majority of my table game I DMed was 95%+ improvised :-)

#11 freewave04

freewave04

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

I love very much the way the critical's have flavor text. This makes Rolemaster very recordable and is enjoyable to listen to. Everytime Hal asks for a critical role, I sit in anticipation of the result. Thank you for recording Rolemaster and letting me "sit in" on your group.
P.S. Please NEVER stop recording the off topic banter at the beginning of each show. It gives me a very warm feeling inside.

#12 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

Hello there :)

Welcome to the forums. Nice to have you join us :D

I don't think there is any danger of not recording the off game banter. If we did there woulld hardly be any audio at all :P

Welcome!

#13 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:43 AM

Howdy new person! You have critically succeeded at decloaking! Roll me a crit on the Ram/Butt/Bash/Post table.

#14 Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Goblin

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:57 AM

I agree with leaving in the banter at the begining of each session. It makes us feel like we're part of the group.
I have also thought about introducing my non-podcast-listening friends to this site to get the great story-telling. Then I would feel obligated to sit with them and say ," THERE ! ! ! That's David, he's the young guy in the crowd. . . .Get ready, it sounds like Chris is gonna laugh. . .TAKE OFF THE HEADSETS! ! . . . Woah that was close, he can easily deafen ya with his laugh. . . There , that's Hal, he's married to Lindsay, they moved to Texas from Bradford in England. You know, Bradford has some of the best Curry in all of England? Lindsay told us. Anyway, ignore the heavy panting in the background, that's Ruby. Hal & Lindsay's pug. Listen , Ned might not talk much sometimes, that's cause he works long hours and stays up late sometimes playing console games.
Goggles is his nickname. . . .That's James, doesn't he sound like a radio host? He's always got flavor text that's cool. Be careful, when he & Ned play as brothers. . . James has a bit of a foul mouth. That shouldn't fuckin bother you though.
WOAH! ! ! Chris laughing again. . . .Listen David'll keep him laughing.. . Told ya.
Hal's good at explaining everything isn't he?. . . .Linds doesn't let Hal get away with shit though. . . .Listen to her. . . She's quick, she going to school to be a designer. . . "

You see it would be me telling them all your stuff. Sooner than later they'd get hooked though. We love all the banter! And we love the game play. . .Keep it up.

#15 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

I agree with leaving in the banter at the begining of each session. It makes us feel like we're part of the group.
I have also thought about introducing my non-podcast-listening friends to this site to get the great story-telling. Then I would feel obligated to sit with them and say ," THERE ! ! ! That's David, he's the young guy in the crowd. . . .Get ready, it sounds like Chris is gonna laugh. . .TAKE OFF THE HEADSETS! ! . . . Woah that was close, he can easily deafen ya with his laugh. . . There , that's Hal, he's married to Lindsay, they moved to Texas from Bradford in England. You know, Bradford has some of the best Curry in all of England? Lindsay told us. Anyway, ignore the heavy panting in the background, that's Ruby. Hal & Lindsay's pug. Listen , Ned might not talk much sometimes, that's cause he works long hours and stays up late sometimes playing console games.
Goggles is his nickname. . . .That's James, doesn't he sound like a radio host? He's always got flavor text that's cool. Be careful, when he & Ned play as brothers. . . James has a bit of a foul mouth. That shouldn't fuckin bother you though.
WOAH! ! ! Chris laughing again. . . .Listen David'll keep him laughing.. . Told ya.
Hal's good at explaining everything isn't he?. . . .Linds doesn't let Hal get away with shit though. . . .Listen to her. . . She's quick, she going to school to be a designer. . . "

You see it would be me telling them all your stuff. Sooner than later they'd get hooked though. We love all the banter! And we love the game play. . .Keep it up.

That made me smile :D

#16 Zeuss

Zeuss

Toad

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

Its all true though and personally its what makes me keep coming back for more :) its all adds to the family and friends feeling your games have.

I’ve returned to college this year after MANY years away and I’m proud to say I’ve often sat down and re-listened to a podcast when I should have being studying.
Keep up the great gaming it helps keep me sane!!
:)

#17 WerewolfPaladin

WerewolfPaladin

Stirge

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA, or some place like it

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

I just wanted to say that I've only gotten up to this point in the Rolemaster game and I'm still really enjoying it. The parts of this where both the GM and the players are struggling to describe the ship in fantasy terms is really intriguing for me.

So intriguing, in fact, it's distracting me from preparing for my upcoming Shadowrun game and making me want to run Rolemaster. >_<

#18 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

... it's distracting me from preparing for my upcoming Shadowrun game and making me want to run Rolemaster. >_<

If you can find folks who aren't too terrified to actually play it, that is. :-)

Thanks to Hal and the Texans I was able to do exactly that (or did they find me?). So go forth and spread the Word of the One True Game! 8)

#19 WerewolfPaladin

WerewolfPaladin

Stirge

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA, or some place like it

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

Easier said than done. Even if my group didn't have the popular view of Rolemaster ("Chartmaster"), they're in the middle of or poised to start other games, so it's unlikely they'd agree even then.

#20 tadcan

tadcan

Toad

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

Another really good episode. It makes sense having the sci-fi since the 80's games had a lot of mixing high fantasy with spaceships.

And crewman perkins, like a really bossy Hal who is sick of your shit. I approve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge