41 replies to this topic

#21 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:05 PM

I have sleep walked and talked for years and it comes and goes, it had gone away for awhile but this past week I have woken up with a dislocated toe, my fist cut, my knuckles full of splinters and furniture moved, oh fun fun fun. :D

#22 PhanXu2

PhanXu2

Raven

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:10 PM

/scoots his chair a little further from PhanXu2

It wouldn't be the first time. (I only mentioned the tame ones.)

This episode is excellent. When it got to the last 30mins and the combat started I realized I had forgotten combat exists (or even needed to exist) in an RPG.

#23 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:44 AM

It wouldn't be the first time. (I only mentioned the tame ones.)

This episode is excellent. When it got to the last 30mins and the combat started I realized I had forgotten combat exists (or even needed to exist) in an RPG.

Well, strictly speaking, it doesn't need to exist. You could be one of those people who just enjoys wearing the mask.

#24 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:45 AM

And fighting in WFRP (or any Avalon Hill game - except for Elric, the Stormbringer revamp) is so deadly that often sessions are better when the players seek non violent options (since they know how deadly the consequences are).

#25 ElLocoMarko

ElLocoMarko

Raven

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationFort Collins, CO

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

Let's deflate that chest a little on the level 1 characters with the magnificent ballistics abilities...

With ballistics, you get a -20% if you fire into a melee. (from Ranged Combat -> Shooting into Melee)

#26 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

I knew there was a rule for that somewhere - I just couldn't find it when I was running last time.

Goggles take heed :D

Hal :hal:

#27 Murine_Archmage

Murine_Archmage

Stirge

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:25 AM

Wow, that's horrible! Now, if he aims, Oscar only has... 45% hit chance

:P

#28 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

Shut up! You will anger the dice gawds and end up shooting me in the ass next time!!!

#29 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:42 PM

Shut up! You will anger the dice gawds and end up shooting me in the ass next time!!!

There are worse places you can be hit, I suppose. Never read a Warhammer RP book, but if it's half as brutal as I hear, there have to be about half a dozen ways of...unmanning...poor Oskar. :D :wink:

#30 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

It's always nice to see a swamp get its due by being featured in its own pamphlet! :D

Thanks all!

#31 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

It's always nice to see a swamp get its due by being featured in its own pamphlet! :D

Thanks all!

It's own pamphlet that is produced and sold by a guy who can't read or write! :) I loved that part. Great attention to detail there on the author's behalf (he probably got someone to make some woodcuts for him so he could print it out with charcoal).

#32 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

Thanks all!

It's own pamphlet that is produced and sold by a guy who can't read or write! :) I loved that part. Great attention to detail there on the author's behalf (he probably got someone to make some woodcuts for him so he could print it out with charcoal).

He could have gotten it made for him. :D

*rest removed as I am a stupid twat*

#33 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

Thanks all!

Loving this so far... but to be honest 45 minutes of fairly uninteresting Bullshit in a 2 and 3/4 hour recording is too bloody much. I was traveling listening to this today and I got pretty damn bored with it (no offense guys) so wound up fast forwarding it to get to the point where you actually started playing, as thats what I was interested in/downloaded it for.

*Sighs and runs from the Mob with torches and pitchforks*

Whew! Good thing we got most of it out of our systems before we started the recorder. :roll:

#34 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:33 PM

Thanks all!

Loving this so far... but to be honest 45 minutes of fairly uninteresting Bullshit in a 2 and 3/4 hour recording is too bloody much. I was traveling listening to this today and I got pretty damn bored with it (no offense guys) so wound up fast forwarding it to get to the point where you actually started playing, as thats what I was interested in/downloaded it for.

*Sighs and runs from the Mob with torches and pitchforks*

If you think you are going to upset people by saying it, then why say it?

I genuinly dont know why people say stuff they *know* is going to get a negative reaction.

And this is what I am so confused about..I read posts this week with people praising that we chat and talk, and now the opposite..is it any wonder that we have no idea what people want from us anymore?

No pitchforks from me, just a tired sigh becasue yet again, we can't win and I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I have asked Hal to consider letting me not play, but thats still a work in progress. As it is, I think Im going to stop reading the forums. Everyone is totally entitled to their opinion, but I'm getting tired of reading why what we choose to do is wrong, for whatever reason.

No offence taken specifically to your post, your just another in a long line of them this past few months..I am defensive and protective of what we do, and I feel like this forum is my home, and I get pissy when people walk in and diss my life..or something like that.

*Retires*

#35 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

Sorry Lindsey. I've had a really, really shitty week (one of the reasons I'm listening to this stuff, to get a laugh, which it succeeded in giving me many times) and it came out a lot stronger than I intended. I meant it as playful banter and came out really nasty.

I sincerely apologies for my post. You and the guys do a great job, far better than I could do, and I had no right making any comment on how you spend your spare time and the stuff you put on your site, especially as its put up for our enjoyment.

Back to lurking.

#36 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:54 PM

Sorry Lindsey. I've had a really, really shitty week (one of the reasons I'm listening to this stuff, to get a laugh, which it succeeded in giving me many times) and it came out a lot stronger than I intended. I meant it as playful banter and came out really nasty.

I sincerely apologies for my post. You and the guys do a great job, far better than I could do, and I had no right making any comment on how you spend your spare time and the stuff you put on your site, especially as its put up for our enjoyment.

Back to lurking.

Thank you for the very gracious apology, accepted of course.

One thing I would like to know is that people understand why this stuff is getting so hard for us to hear..I guess as a funtion of the site being so large, we are not going to please everyone, but it seems lately that we please no one.

#37 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:11 PM

Well I'm new to the site really, but since no-one else has replied and it was my foot in my mouth...

Yes I can understand it. Its your baby and you want it to be appreciated.

The important thing however is... that you please yourself. In the example above if people don't want to listen to the talk before the game they can skip ahead to when the game begins. Those that enjoy the banter (which I do generally) they can listen. Everyone is happy, but the most important thing is that YOU are happy, ans you are the ones that create the game recording.

And thats the most important thing in my opinion. Don't judge it by what others might say but by what you enjoy and feel. I know that's a lot harder to do than to say, but that's the way to go withthis. Otherwise you will get hurt no matter what, and people can be unintentionally cruel sometimes.

Anyway, sorry again.

#38 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:39 PM

As this conversation seems to have winded down, I also wish to take this opportunity to apologize for any negative comments I personally have made. I have this tendency to run off my mouth, then never really go back and correct myself. So, I wish to issue a blanket apology to the Texans, the world, and the indeed very Universe.

But mostly you guys. I like you, I really do; I'm just an idiot. :wink: I love listening to you guys, and losing that would...if I said it'd be a blow to my life, would that come off as creepy? :D

And, Lindsay, if you leave, I can completely understand why. We'll miss ya when/if it happens.
:)

*Retreat*

#39 mad_hatchet

mad_hatchet

Raven

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

So, is the official "long time listener, first time poster" ritual now? The poster insults the players (while admitting that he/she might be being rude), then gets 2 pages of everybody on the forums ripping on him? :)

http://www.rpgmp3.co...er=asc&start=30

I know it's happened elsewhere too, just can't find the others.

And while I'm putting my two cents in: I think that the sound is too loud (except when I have trouble hearing it). I don't think that the players should be allowed to enjoy themselves, because then they make too much noise. And I think they should get rid of this "Hal" guy and find somebody with less of an accent.

#40 ZachDood77

ZachDood77

Stirge

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

Now for the response. I SAY WE BURN HIM WITH CLEANSING FLAME!!!!! :mage: :wink: :D

Also Dualshock quit encouraging Lindsay to leave. If Lindsay leaves I shall cry. :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge