S L I D E Ways Session 1

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

Bump!

Hello there good people! Fancy a blast from the past? Might I suggest you give Slideways a go? It's a very entertaining listen from the mighty, mighty archives of RPGMP3! 8)

And once you've listened to it, why not post something here about what you thought... All do it at once and we can make it into a sort of rpg audio flash mob experience!

#42 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Wait, it's in FUDGE? I remember FUDGE! I'll give it a listen.

#43 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

S.L.I.D.E.Ways had one of the very best intros that the Whartsies ever made, and considering how high the Whartson Hall standard of audio intro quality is, that's saying something. :D

#44 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Their traveller intro is my favorite.

#45 Hafwit

Hafwit

Stirge

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

It has so many high points. I love the ship trapped in the ice. I love the first appearance of Rock Chick (how many times does Sara call BJB a "fucker"?)

The ending is wonderful too in its gonzo weirdness. Gordon Chance going to the future and having a go at a beat cop had me in stitches.

#46 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

I love the first appearance of Rock Chick (how many times does Sara call BJB a "fucker"?)

Ah, happy days, happy days... :D

#47 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

It is a very nice intro. Radio play quality. Plus of course it explains that quantum theory is in fact sort of like physics on acid. Which it is. :)

#48 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

Plus of course it explains that quantum theory is in fact sort of like physics on acid. Which it is. :)

I'm delighted to see that someone appreciates the enormous amount of research and fact-checking that went into this production.

#49 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

And if you think I'm joking about it being like physics on acid, take a look at THIS!

Utterly bonkers!

Weirdly despite this, quantum electrodynamics (what?!? I hear you cry) is apparently a rather fabulous success at predicting strange physics-y things!

#50 lordof1

lordof1

Goblin

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

As a living embodiment of the uncertainty principle, I can understand those equations, or I can remain sane - but it is absolutely impossible for me to do both at the same time...

Re: SLIDEways - (and much as I hate to encourage the man) I think the strange Ians might be my favourite pun in the whole world.

#51 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Re: SLIDEways - (and much as I hate to encourage the man) I think the strange Ians might be my favourite pun in the whole world.

Gawd bless yer, guv'nor *tugs forelock*

#52 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 440 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Slideways. I loved this series. Stalin, Sexton Blake, so much fun

#53 beldar1215

beldar1215

Toad

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'm going through a second listen with Fate Core in mind. Have any of you read or played Fate? Any thoughts of maybe a season 3 in Fate Core?

Beldar

#54 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

A second listen? Steady on there! Think of your sanity!

I'm familiar with FATE (I was part of the original Spirit of the Century pre-order), although I've not kept up with every version of it. For my tastes I rather prefer original Fudge; FATE seems rather clunky and overcomplicated in comparison, adding lots of "stuff" but not particularly adding anything to the play experience for me. Nothing particularly against the game, and I'm certainly a fan of Evil Hat, but I doubt I'll ever run it.

Plans for a third part of the adventure came to nothing, partly because what I have in mind is quite difficult to present to the players without them feeling completely at sea, but mostly because the original Whartson Hall group no longer exists. I've been playing online recently, but the group consists of Whartstock attendees on the whole rather than the original bunch.

Glad you're enjoying - or at least still listening to - the game :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge