1026 replies to this topic

#41 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

To Danny: Thank you for all the hard work but your temper is a terrible thing. As hypocracy states taking things out on other doesn't help so I suggest just finding a corner to chill out in. Doing things when the rage is high isn't very good...

What are you referring to here? The Season 1 games? Me raging at those bloody scripts? I need to know what context you're referring to here.

#42 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

I've had a bit of a play around and added into the system a working 24hr Clock and calender. That should make it much easier to keep a track of the IC date and time. I've done bug tests and the only issue is that once added you can't reverse time in a non-manual manner. But meh.

#43 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:48 AM

Much in the same way that your spell durations are updated I'm now going to see if I can't script up a couple of Misc Timers. For things like Torch durations and the ilk. These will be settable by either you, or me and should reduce paperwork even more.

I also should have Tropis 2-4 finished tonight, so that should cheer Matt up.

Danny :plot:

Additional
I've rewritten the last portion of the Dreamlands plot. You may be leaving this game. If you survive. Seriously folks wake up a good 15 minutes before the game you will need to be attentive throughout.

#44 April

April

Toad

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

He's bitching at his nurses, so he *must* be cheery! :) Normal people would be complaining that they can't sleep. Leave it to my old man, to get pissy because they won't let him stay awake!

#45 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

That's good to hear; he may be grumpy; but he's a good bloke your Pa.

#46 RomanIdiot

RomanIdiot

Kobold

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

As long as he doesn't overdo it and the night nurse 'accidentally' doubles his dose of Prozac and he's out for 48 hrs, lol

-Rube

#47 Albax11

Albax11

Goblin

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

I'm afraid to say that due to my current work situation, (That is to say that I am skint and will have trouble even paying the bills this month) I probably won't be able to chip in for things for the group. At least not more than a single dollar or two.

Most of this reply is aimed at Danny, but is also to the group.
I have no qualms with showing up 15 minutes before the games, I apologize since I do feel I have continued to display lack of punctuality.

As for Maptools, I do believe that with more automation on the script side of things, I think the sessions themselves will be smoother than ever.

I do need to log some sleep before the game, so I will see you all in a couple of hours.

#48 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for that Alex, it is appreciated. As for not being able to chip in, nobody is going to offer a glare for you wanting to keep a roof above your head. Also, don't worry about chipping in for PrettyMay if you haven't the coin. I can't talk for Matt, or Jess, but I've no problem paying a couple of extra dollars to cover it.

On the MapTools side of things, beyond altering the Calender so that it only displays it's results to the DM (so I can keep it all secret :P), I've not changed anything tonight. I want to get Tropis 2-4 finished before sleep, oh and set up the maps for this Books' climax ~ you lot are in for such a ride. :D

#49 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:28 AM

Good game earlier; even if the puzzles did KO you all for a while -- see this is what happens when Matt isn't about! Note; you will be leaving the Dreamlands next game if you survive. You would have left this game, but you took too long on the puzzles.

I have finished editing Tropis 2-4 and after giving it a listen through I'll be uploading and making a start on Tropis 2-5; I've not really got much scripting to do this week so I'll be able to get Tropis 2-6 and The Indie Review 01 done during the week, with little issue.

You lot may want to start posting tactics and that sort of ilk. If you go into next game using the same 'tactics' you've been using recently you will fail and if you fail; you will all die.

Oh and voting for the games just gone is now open.

#50 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

I've now only got to add in the music for T2-5, so I should be finishing that off tomorrow evening and then starting on T2-6. I'm hoping to be working on DoW by Wednesday and have everything to Hal by Thursday. That'll give us a nice audio buffer.

I've received word from April that the docs think Matt'll be out by around May 1st, although from the sounds of things he isn't in the clear yet. He's recovering, but things are still very much up and down. Keep praying and with any luck we'll all be back together before long.

This does mean Matt'll be missing the end of this Book, but we'll hold off starting the new one till he returns from Hospital. Don't worry about not having gaming till then, we can pull off some Indie Reviews and I don't know about you lot, but I've an itching for some Call of Cthulhu...

#51 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a pillock and just accidentally deleted tonight's work. This means I'll have to go back to square one with the audio editing of T2-5. Thankfully I didn't loose the stuff I did on T2-6 and generally most of it is rather easy to repair.

#52 April

April

Toad

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

He says to tell everyone, "I tried to play Chainmail with Dave and Gary, but they said I'm too much of a minmaxer, so I'll just have to go back to Tropis."

He also says he misses everyone, and can anyone loan him a car?

April

#53 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

He says to tell everyone, "I tried to play Chainmail with Dave and Gary, but they said I'm too much of a minmaxer, so I'll just have to go back to Tropis."

Tell your Dad that he just made me laugh so much I woke up the neighbours!

He also says he misses everyone, and can anyone loan him a car?

He's missed in return; without him, the gang is annihilated by my puzzles! They took an entire episode figuring out two on Monday!

Thanks for keeping us informed April and stay safe.

#54 DM501

DM501

Kobold

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:20 AM

Hello there, not sure if this is the right thread to post in, but sod it, I'm committed.

Were chatting with Illiani about episode six and seven earlier today when he mentioned that your fragile sensibilities would be comforted by the reassurances of an adoring audience, you revoltingly self-obsessed artistes.

It may not have been worded precisely like that, per se. Still, to hell with such minutiae!

Anyway, grabbing snippets of episode seven when I get the opportunity, and generally working my way to being up to date. Enjoying it a great deal, and you're all getting better with each episode. I'll try and post some more, give constructive criticism as I go ("Stop constructing crap!").

Lastly, and most importantly, my absolute best wishes to Matt, and his speedy recovery. I sincerely hope to see (hear?) him back soon, and eagerly anticipate that being the case.

#55 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:07 AM

Good to hear you're enjoying the series and any constructive criticism is really appreciated. It allows us to see where we're going wrong and means we can take steps to correct ourselves.

#56 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

No doubt you are all defying my rule by not keeping a tabs on this thread, but I've received word that our little audio 'get well card' really made Matt's day. As such I want to know if anybody would be willing to record another one asap? The recording would take place at the same time as we normally gather for a game 0500-GMT, but will only take a few moments then you can all go back to bed.

I'd like to record tomorrow morning (Wednesday Evening (US)/Thursday Morning (EU)), failing that we'll do another one after the game this weekend.

#57 fictionalfemme

fictionalfemme

Goblin

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationLedyard, CT USA

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

I can probably duck out of game to do that, yeah. Just remind me a bit before and I'll warn the guys.

#58 RomanIdiot

RomanIdiot

Kobold

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:04 AM

Technically I -could- do another recorded greeting card then, but due to issues I'd rather we link that with the soonest PnP session.

#59 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:28 AM

It's just struck me. If we want to game this weekend we're going to need to sort out the PrettyMay licence. I believe it was something like 30$US; Jess, would you be able to cover Matt's share till he gets out of hospital? If I'll send you my 10$US and will take you through the licence gaining.

#60 fictionalfemme

fictionalfemme

Goblin

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationLedyard, CT USA

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

It'll have to be after I get my paycheck tomorrow. I just helped my sister out with her rent this month so I'm wiped out til then. But I'm definitely willing as soon as my money comes in, sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge