RomanIdiot

Kobold

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:29 PM

Ga'Elroth's Divine Powers

Renewed Vigour

Channeling the power of the mighty Forge-Father himself, the priest calls upon his deity to heal those that serve His will, beit himself or those who might accompany him. He closes his eyes and pleads his god to strengthen those who serve His glorious cause, and a white light seems to shine from within him, which then moves to his hands and channels onwards to the wounds of those he wishes to envigour.

Elont's Hammer

When one of Elont's greatest foes dare face the priest, he will call upon the Forge-Father's own hammer to strike down His foes. He closes his eyes in fervorous prayer and chants the powerful battle hymn of his god. Ga'Elroth's eyes flare up in fanatical reverence as a powerful, shimmering hammer appears in his right hand. It seems as light as a feather in his hands, but it's blows fall upon the enemy like the fists of the gods enraged.

Now, onto the gaming schedule: anything as fine as long as it fits everyone else. I'm going to be at my father's place which makes early-rise games difficult but not an impossibility per sé.

Waiting to hear back from you,
-Ruben

#22 fictionalfemme

fictionalfemme

Goblin

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationLedyard, CT USA

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:33 PM

The Mask With A Thousand Eyes

Post your ideas here guys, so we can all see where you're heading. Also if any forum members have ideas for characters we could play feel free to post away. :)

Danny :plot:

Well, we've had a few discussions now (although we need to get Jeremy and Matt still) and we've come up with the beginnings of our Watch party.

Natasha is Celeste, a reformed theif, streetwise and confident.
Alex is Constantine, a quick talking, irresponsible gambler.
Rube is William, Constantine's naive younger brother.
And I (Jessamyn) am going to play Kerensa, a scholarly investigator.

#23 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

The Mask With A Thousand Eyes

Post your ideas here guys, so we can all see where you're heading. Also if any forum members have ideas for characters we could play feel free to post away. :)

Well, we've had a few discussions now (although we need to get Jeremy and Matt still) and we've come up with the beginnings of our Watch party.

Natasha is Celeste, a reformed theif, streetwise and confident.
Alex is Constantine, a quick talking, irresponsible gambler.
Rube is William, Constantine's naive younger brother.
And I (Jessamyn) am going to play Kerensa, a scholarly investigator.

Matt should like to bring about a grizzled old warrior named Cyrus. Cyrus has seen things he'd like not to have seen, and tends to practicality over propaganda.

#24 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

Sorry Matt, I'm going to have to deny that character. Unless you can come up with a good reason why your 'grizzled old warrior' is a new recruit for The Watch that is.

#25 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

Flip it over, then. Cyrus is a young, pie-eyed idealist who barley knows which end of his sword goes into the other man.

#26 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:21 PM

Thats fine :)

Also could you sort out the PrettyMay activation key asap please, I don't like how quickly the week is moving along and I can no longer record (the trial has run out and it doesn't want to work for me any more).

#27 UnchainedMelody

UnchainedMelody

Kobold

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

I do understand the need for Anna to do damage and with a weapon alone she's not likely to hit things. However the RP nazi in me wants to keep flame manipulation so I'm not inclined to swap it for the bolt spell. Sorry. :)

Pokes to 'William' and Jeremy t'would be nice to see what sort of character you wish to play. Perhaps we can all appear on at one time and have a little chat as to what sorts of things we'd like to play.

I do love the idea of flying into things without direction. *point of sarcasm there*

#28 muradib

muradib

Stirge

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

I was thinking of a young mad scientiest type, the guy that no one wants to have with them as a partner but his odd inventions are a great assest to the watch, i'm at the moment partial to the name Crono.

#29 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:34 AM

Wanna be a Gnome? How good's your eccentric high-pitched and frantic speaking voice? :D

#30 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

Just to let you folks know that all the spells available to the characters are now scripted. Over the next few weeks I'll work my way through the book adding in the other spells available, eventually they'll all be scripted which should make combat much easier.

#31 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:27 AM

To allow automation of those spells with a duration I've had to form a rather complicated script that is causing me a few issues. As a result that aspect of spell casting may not be bug tested when the game comes round. I foresee having it finished tonight, but can't promise anything.

In addition, I've resurrected Frankenpoota to handle the recording of the game. That should remove the annoying little issue where my voice would sound lower than the rest of you sods. :D

I still need that activation key Matt...

#32 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:35 AM

The Weekend's Schedule

World of Tropis 2-V - Friday/Saturday Slot
World of Tropis 2-VI - Saturday/Sunday Slot (Unconfirmed)

Stay on your toes for this game folks, it's likely to be a real brain teaser. Go out and get your energy drinks now, lest you forget.

Catch you all on the shores of Kaig,

#33 RomanIdiot

RomanIdiot

Kobold

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:25 AM

Got my energy drinks right here, an' a big gob of gamer grub 's well. (M&M's that are designed to be quiet when I munch them)

Also, I regret to inform you that I'll be forced to play with the usual microphone as I haven't had a chance to properly fix the headset as of yet.

-Rube

#34 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

Not a problem buddy; although I don't suppose you have some electrical tape or such about the house? You'd only need a little otherwise just use stelotape. That should serve well enough as a temp solution as long as you don't start shaking your head about like a loon.

#35 April

April

Toad

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:34 PM

An update: Matt will be in intensive care at least through the weekend. As of now, the surgeons have removed his spleen and repaired his lung, but he has not yet woken up. After that, we are not sure how long it will be before he comes home.

If any of you pray, it would be nice.

April

#36 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

I had wondered why he wasn't about. April, would there be any possibility of letting me know what happened? In addition I would very much like to know his condition; i.e how bad is it, is he critical? I would prefer it if you contact me via PM as I doubt Matt wants the world to know his business.

Thank you very much for letting us know, it is really appreciated. If you, or your Dad, needs anything let us know, we're not the richest gaming group in the world, but I'm sure we can grab a few coins if needed.

Give him our best wishes and let him know we're thinking of him when he wakes up.

Danny

To The PGs
We will continue to game as planned, however I ask that you all keep your eyes on the grapevine. Jess I know you have Matt's mobile number, if he gets in contact with you it is imperative that you let me know immediately.

#37 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

Good this morning folks, the recording quality wasn't anything to turn your nose up at either.

First things first, just a small request, could the Europeans please set their alarms for 15 minutes before the game is scheduled to begin. That way you can be awake for the game, rather than being late. I'm not going to mention any names, but the continual lateness is really starting to annoy me. If it continues I will start deducting Luck Points. This isn't something I want to do, but I will do it if this lateness continues. It is not fair on those of us who arrive on time and are forced to wait.

In my own camp, I apologize for the bugged Macros, as I warned you I hadn't enough time to test many of them, so bugs were to be expected. In addition I'm going to look into ways to speed up the card drawing mechanism. What I might do is have a DM script that will draw the card for you, while you guys just update your duration spells.

I wanted to say, well done on Alexia & Moss's respective trials. They felt a little choppy from my corner (my bad) so I apologize. From your camp, though, well done.

I'll catch you all on Sunday/Monday

#38 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:33 PM

Good news folks, after a little tweaking about I have managed to fix the previously borked Armoury script. I've also rewritten the New Round script to speed things up.

Now whenever a new round comes up I will draw a card for everybody in the Initiative, while I'm doing that a little message will be posted in the chat. That message will be a link which, when pressed, will update the durations of your spells. Not only does the above save time, but it also will remove yet another macro button from your characters and it allows us to update our Spell Durations outside of combat without having to draw a card at the same time.

I'm going to clean up the deck macro now to see if I can't get it to fire quicker.

As always if there are any additions you want let me know asap. Also I've sent our 'get well' mp3 to April so Matt should have it soon -- that should cheer him up a wee bit. I've also made a 20$US donation to the site on behalf of us all, it should appear on the donations panel at some point. If any of you want to put any money towards next month's donation send it to daniellammas@hotmail.com via PayPal and I'll stick it in. Please send in US$, or GBP (whichever is more favourable to you) not Crowns/Euros/Kaigian Silver Peices.

Additional
I almost forgot to mention; I've automated the recovery of Power Points. So now, rather than having to manually update every hour, you will instead automatically regain them when 'The Stars Are Right'. This has been done in such a way that works alongside the Duration script so you won't even notice it ticking away till your regain a PP.

I've also modified the restoration of Luck Points. Now you will be restored to 3 Luck Points every 24 In Games hours. This seems more suitable than the shoddy 'every game' mechanic the book suggests. XP is also now stored on your character sheet.

#39 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

Does anybody know what the current Party XP is?

Roleplayer of The Week
Each week from now on each player will have the chance to nominate the person they think performed the most Admirably during the weeks' game/s. This reward isn't just for staying In Character, or for Character Development, but for generally being an all round good player during the games. When voting, try to consider who has improved the most in the week's game/s too.

A couple of small rules:o) You may not vote for yourself.
o) You may not vote for the DM.
o) The winner of the previous week may not be nominated, nor may s/he vote.
o) The DM may not vote.
o) All participants in the week's game/s must vote if realistically able.
o) All votes must be backed up with a thought-out reason -- no one sentence votes people.
The reward for Roleplayer of The Week is 0.25 experience points. This may not sound like a lot, but considering you generally get about 2-3xp a month, its not that bad.

The punishment for breaking the Voting rules is a loss of 0.25 experience points/or a luck point (DM's choice) per rule broken. You may appeal to any punishment given. In such a appeal the final decision will be handed to a vote from your peers. I don't actually expect any of us to break the rules, I've only written the punishment as a 'just in case'.

Voting takes place during the week between games and is for the weekend just passed. Voting for this weekends' games will start Monday 13th April after the game and with the results announced before next weekend's gaming. You votes and reasons are to be posted in the appropriate thread.

#40 UnchainedMelody

UnchainedMelody

Kobold

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:50 PM

First off to Matt: If you ever manage to get on a comp a read this thread, I do hope your recovery is swift and without problems. It'll be nice to have our druid back in the group.

To Danny: Thank you for all the hard work but your temper is a terrible thing. As hypocracy states taking things out on other doesn't help so I suggest just finding a corner to chill out in. Doing things when the rage is high isn't very good... But yes we do love your awesome scripting skills so thank you very much for taking what little time you have making them. Perhaps when you have a half a chance I can test them with you in future.

Also to add thank you taking the time to add a little more 'omph' to the audio. I really do love the background music and sense of atmosphere we get when listening to each episode. :D

To our group: Besides hiccups here and there over the past few weeks it is nice to see how you've improved from the first season. I really do think your roleplaying skills have improved, though I do have a few suggestions here and there.

Without trying to sound egotistical or like a know it all I have one thing to say about roleplay. Just give it a go... Try seeing as your character sees things... thinking as they do and turning that into actions and words. While combat and action is important, what you do and how you do it IC (in character) is the most important thing. Once again to hypocracy, give it a go. You can say you've tried at least instead of never doing it at all.

It really is an enjoyable experience to play beside you all. I hope we all stay in good health and Yes I'll see you at the 'Monday' game. (Being 12.5 hours ahead does that.) Ja mata...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge