#1 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

To The PGs
Alright folks, due to us being scattered across more time zones than we have collective brain cells, it occurs to me that this is the best place to organise games as it's really starting to become a headache sending out six copies of the same message.

First up is this week's sessions. Usual time, but this week it'll be on the Saturday as Alex has work on the Sunday.

Second on the agenda is a funky idea I've come up with. Some of you may have noticed that this month we [the site] only just made the required goal. As such I believe it is time we pull our collective fingers out and do our part. My idea is this; a sponsored 48 hour gaming session. The question is who among us is willing to do that and when. The game we play over that will be decided later, but it'll probably be something one-off like a Sci-Fi.

Anyways, catch you on the flip side -- oh and keep your eyes on this thread as it is here I will be announcing the times for the next sessions.

Danny :plot:

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:46 AM

As our march through The Dreamlands continues we begin to get steadily closer to the time in which I shall let you loose upon the world and leave you to your own sand-boxy devices.

As a sort of taster into how that is going to be handled we are going to start a second campaign when you escape the dreamlands. This campaign will be much shorter than the main storyline and will likely run for only one story-arc. Now is the time to start thinking about who those characters will be.

A Little Background
Every city has them, but few care to look into their tales. They are the city watch and it is you who shall tell their story. As a 'fresh out of the academy' member of The Watch it is your job to guard the capital of Mainett, New Pyronis, against law breakers and rabble rousers. You are young, eager and completely unprepared for what you are about to face. You could be of any race, although Human is the most likely and although spellcasters are not banned it is unlikely any will have joined The Watch (Arcane, or otherwise). So, who's tale will you tell in this, our second campaign: The Mask With A Thousand Eyes?

Post your ideas here guys, so we can all see where you're heading. Also if any forum members have ideas for characters we could play feel free to post away. :)

#3 RomanIdiot

RomanIdiot

Kobold

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

EDIT2: Scratch that. Characters being worked out as we speak.

#4 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:34 PM

Well good work everybody, the weekends' games were good fun. The next Indie Review will be in 3 Tropis games time (we'll probably pull a double weekend again tbh). From my understanding I do believe Matt had a game idea he was interested in running so his Indie Review is next.

Speaking of Matt, has anybody spoken with him since his internets went down earlier?

On the MapTools front I've listened to the combat and lowered (even further) the complexity of the Macros and I'm currently working towards having much less Macros on your character token. Your Equipment, Attack and Dice macros are all now on one button each. This should make things much easier on you all and in addition lower the memory use of the maps.

#5 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

I need all the spells castable by our spellcasters listed here asap. Any additional information concerning what the spell looks like etc will be appreciated.

#6 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

The next Indie Review will be in 3 Tropis games time (we'll probably pull a double weekend again tbh). From my understanding I do believe Matt had a game idea he was interested in running so his Indie Review is next.

Yes, indeed, and my choice promises to be a real treat. No spoilers just yet but the game combines two of my favorite genres with my favorite historical period, and gives me an oppurtunity to pay homage (or perhaps butchery--we shall see) to some classic American literature. As a bonus, it is easily adaptable to accomodate the international nature of our group. I think it will be a hoot.

Speaking of Matt, has anybody spoken with him since his internets went down earlier?

Yes. As a matter of fact you have. :-) The report of the situation is this: my cable service decided to take a nap at nearly precisely two am, my time. It returned sometime between four am (the time at which I gave up on it and went to bed) and seven (when I woke up again). During the period in which I waited up I discovered that that is a really lousy two hours in which to try to stay awake when you can't watch tv or surf the 'net...

#7 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

I need all the spells castable by our spellcasters listed here asap. Any additional information concerning what the spell looks like etc will be appreciated.

Druce's Spells:

Fear Druce stands boldly, arms raised, and summons forth a chill wind to swirl about his enemies.

Healing Clenching a single acorn in his fist, Druce draws the energy from this tiny and mighty container of Life. During the process, a small circle around the druid's feet suddenly bursts forth with life (outdoors, flowers spring up and bloom in an instant, indoors wooden floors turn green and send forth shoots and leaves, stone floors grow moss, etc.). Such life extinguishes and dries to dust within a second, however, as does the acorn.

Beast Friend Speaking in the secret and strange tongue of the Druids (which sounds, to the uninitiated ear, a lot like poorly-pronounced Esperanto), Druce commands the creatures of nature.

Summon Bigger Fish Used only in the direst of circumstances...

#8 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

The request for spell casters to list their spells meant you too; Alex/Melody/Rube...

#9 muradib

muradib

Stirge

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

lol.. the only one not needing too is.... ME lol :)

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

Yeah it's funny; out of the Seven party members, only you; Jess and the dog have no spell casting ability. Although the even mix of Offensive and Defensive/Clerical casters certainly wasn't a bad idea.

#11 Albax11

Albax11

Goblin

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:33 PM

Roland's Spells:

Eagle's Speed - "Aquila celeritas" - After speaking the words Roland launches his fist skyward before lowering it with two fingers extended in front of himself to draw a quick sign in the air, an image of an eagle forming and winking out of existence just as swiftly.

Flame Bolt - "Terra Fio Incendio!" - Roland pulls ashes from his belt-pouch draws a net with them in the air in front of him. Magical energy crackles in front of him as he draws the hand back and with arcane energy surrounding his fist he drives it through the net, shattering it and launching the now ignited projectiles.

Detect/Conceal Arcana - "Forix Suffusus Cautio" - With those words Roland is granted the power to detect surrounding magic or conceal his own.

#12 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for that Alex, if you could give Rube a poke at some point?

All right; Matt, all your spells have been scripted now and work fine. Only one minor and infrequent bug has been noticed with one of the spells, but I've found a work around should it pop-up in game.

#13 UnchainedMelody

UnchainedMelody

Kobold

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

Spells?! Here are spells:

Anna's Spells:

Spells

Flames - Her fingers move and the fire itself moves with her will. A snap of her fingers calls forth this element in sparks that dance across her fingertips.

Blue Light - A fist drawn to her chest and eyes shut tight, Anna draws on the well of power within to call forth and soft hue of blue glowing from her centre. As she draws her fist forwards the light is bright enough to hold back the darkness but not to obscure the sight of others.

Flame Wall - With arch of her hand or weapon a streak of white hot flames is born obscuring the attacker's sight of her, creating a barrier between herself at the threat before her.

#14 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:24 AM

Still waiting on your spells Rube -_-

#15 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

Ok chaps; I've a day off work this coming Monday and melody n' Rube are off school. Would it be possible, do you think, to have two games this week? The first would be the Friday/Saturday slot, then a second on Sunday/Monday (Sunday evening for the Yankees, Monday morning for the Europeans, Fuck knows for the Aussie).

Any thoughts on this people? Reply ASAP -- and can somebody boot Rube till he gets his ass in gear, please? I don't want to be doing spells after tonight so I need his spell list -tonight- if they're going to be done at all.

Also, please note that some of your equipment may have different statistics since you last looked. I've been doing some Balancing tweaks to the available Armours. Also I will be adding in a few more at some point so keep your eyes out. I also plan to start working on different ammunitions for the ranged weapons, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to work that one out so for now don't expect to see it any time soon. It will arrive eventually though.

My next major addition will be the introduction of a automated backpack within MapTools. Currently this is very much in the design stage, but if I can pull it off it'll kick ass and we can say goodbye to external character sheets for good.

Remember, folks, if you want to see an addition to the automation lemmi know and I'll see what I can do.

On a final note; could all players please take note that from this game the scripts will probably not work if your Login is longer than 1 word. Please could everybody login using the first name of your character and nothing else. Appreciated.

#16 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

I forgot to add to the above the following Important message:

Could all players please note that as of next game the spell 'Bolt' will cause an addition Bolt to be fired should a raise be scored on the initial casting roll.

Anybody disagreeing with this change, or wishing to know why I have incorporated should feel free to post such here and I will reply accordingly.

The above change does not modify any characters, or the spells cost.

#17 Albax11

Albax11

Goblin

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

I'm pretty sure I can be there for the Monday game. I'll double-check tomorrow and get back to you.
Changes to the scripts sound great, Danny. Though as of now I can't really think of any additions.

#18 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

Alas, the Sunday/Monday game will have to go on Druceless. Permuting the Dewey Decimal System after a sleepless night is a task I am sadly too old to undertake.

#19 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

What about doing both the Friday/Saturday and Saturday/Sunday slots?

#20 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

Melody, I'm looking over your spell list and tbh, your choice of Fire Manipulation is fine, but it limits you greatly in combat. If you're willing I'd like to swap it for Fire Bolt. You'd still be able to set things alight, but you'd have the joy of actually being able to do damage as well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge