#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

The Dirty Half-Dozen are recruited and set forth on a mission to clear their names not realising that they are essentially disposable meat in a political game and something of a last resort.

Warhammer - The Thousand Throne Session 1

Filesize: 88MB

Let me know what you guys think of Warhammer :)

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Cheers
Hal :hal:

#2 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

Been waiting for this one. Thank you, Hal.

#3 PhanXu2

PhanXu2

Raven

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

Cheers,

Charcoal burners used to have to watch the clamp all the time to quench any flame that might start and burn up all the charcoal and perhaps burn down the forest so they had a special stool with one leg. If they fell asleep they would end up on their arse and wake up. They might have gone ages without sleep.

I'm so interesting I think I might shoot myself.

#4 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:38 AM

Awesome! I shall download and report back when I have listened to it.

#5 Hafwit

Hafwit

Stirge

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:49 AM

Excitement! :)

Lindsay I was wondering, which Warhammer army did/do you have?

#6 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

Thank you Hal, Lindsay and the Long Tall Texans another very nice session. :D

#7 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

Maybe we should not roleplay at all one day and just record three hours of us just talking like this and then they'd get to the end and ...

at this point I almost said outloud "think it was a Warlords of the Acordlands session and not mind at all" :P.

Which version of Thieve's Cant? The Gary Gygax one he published for Troll God Games was pretty extensive (but would need adapting due to some renaissance goegraphical and christian terms).

#8 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

Excitement! :)

Lindsay I was wondering, which Warhammer army did/do you have?

Lindsay had a Vampire Counts army. Blood Dragons I believe, concentrating on fast cavalry and necromancy with a heavy hitting vampire and heavy cavalry unit in there for good measure. She hates to admit it but she has a great mind for tactics and stuff.

I had a Slaaneshi army and an Ogre Kingdoms army (which I have with me mostly unpainted).

#9 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

Willhelm Schmidt?

Come on.

Why do the 2nd ed adventures have so many more piss take names in them?

1st ed had Bruno Franke (Frank Bruno) but to the best of my knowledge 2nd ed's now had a witch hunter called Jacobb Bauer (Jack Bauer) and now a nobleman using Will Smith as an alias? I think there might be a few others I missed out on.

For a few moment I thought "Bill Smith's a fairly common name" but then the W hit me and I groaned.

#10 Alexandrian

Alexandrian

The Dark Fox

• Patrons
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

They had a special stool with one leg...

Didn't they do that for people mixing nitroglycerine too?

Lindsay had a Vampire Counts army...

You know, thats the first lot that sprang into my head when it was mentioned. As for the tactics, I must admit I've noticed a tactical angle on some of the "plans" that have been thought of.

Can't wait to get chance to listen to this though :)

#11 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:20 PM

I have to say that I enjoyed running this session and I am pretty cetain that there will be many more cringe-worthy names to come :D

I am going to have to go and read ahead a little and see what they have done. Perhaps all the NPCs are cringe-worhty. That would be a fantastic feat :D

#12 Hafwit

Hafwit

Stirge

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:40 AM

Now I'm two-thirds into the session and it's great fun. Thank you very much. :)

The Man from the Empire is really taking a chance on that, um... volatile bunch. :D

(Vampire Counts was a pretty cool army. I always wanted a straight up Empire army).

#13 Cuchulain

Cuchulain

Kobold

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:37 AM

A wonderful episode! Very entertaining.

As a GM, I probably would have killed one or two. They were certainly asking for it.

But then again, players don't tend to take kindly to being the underdog / getting insulted by people in authority / getting told what to do.

#14 Alexandrian

Alexandrian

The Dark Fox

• Patrons
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:00 AM

Just finished listening to this session. Being completely honest, I love it! I can't wait for the next one :)

#15 Quark35

Quark35

Toad

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:39 AM

Thanks Hal and gang, looking forward to listening to this on the train tomorrow.

#16 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:12 AM

Thanks folks,

Glad you are liking it as I am really enjoying running in. We have had to skip a session this week as Lindsay's little sister is visiting and James has taken the kids away for the weekend for Spring Break but we shall be back at it this coming Friday I should imagine :)

I am loving Warhmmer. I have to say I think it is my favourite of the fantasy settings. I love the grit and the disease. Makes being a hero all the more meaningful.

#17 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:40 AM

I am loving Warhmmer. I have to say I think it is my favourite of the fantasy settings. I love the grit and the disease. Makes being a hero all the more meaningful.

I'd like to add that Hal's doing a pretty good job of getting the Warhammer feel right. The next session should be interesting because (According to the Tome of Salvation) Shallya is a Bretonnian import so her temple might not be very popular with the current anti Bretonnian underlying theme that seems to be building up. Verena's an Estalian import but her high temple's in Tillea and the Tilleans are attempting to suppress any proof that the goddess was ever Estalian so there's a big Italian/Spanish inter faction strife thing going on. I think Morr's Estalian as well. Kind of makes sense really but basicaly most of the gods in the empire are foreign imports (Ulric and Sigmar aren't).

#18 Dwarth

Dwarth

Kobold

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC, Canada

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

Let's hope the dwarf wife will show up at some point!!!

#19 chanyder

chanyder

Kobold

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

*claps* I love the intro music. I am thoroughly enjoying this one, as well as Rolemaster. And yes I would listen to just two hours of bsing around because it keeps me laughing at an otherwise boring third shift job.

PS Can't get enough of Chris yelling into the mic also, that's what keeps me awake at my job.

Chanyder

#20 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

...after that first day when I put the pick through his foot.

James, we missed you so much. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge