• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

More of the World of Tropis from The Pantsless Gamers :P

World of Tropis Session 2

Filesize: 50MB

A Knight of The Rose - In which a new hero joins the gang and our heroes finish their final preparations. Next step: Adventure!

Community Podcast Updated!

Let me know what you guys think :D

Cheers
Hal :hal:

#2 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

Mopped :D .

#3 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

Thank you Hal. :D

#4 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:17 PM

Sweet! Since i haven't enabled my Patron feed yet I actually missed this when I was picking out things to listen to. I will add it to the increasingly large pile.

#5 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

The First Snows At Menta
II: A Knight of The Rose (AKA The Cursed Episode)

27/11/5008ya
"Mine honour is my life, both grow in one.
Take honour from me, and my life is done.
Then, dear my liege, mine honour let me try;
In that I live, and for that I will die "
- William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616) English playwright and poet.

Welcome back, one and all, to the World of Tropis! In this chapter our heroes are joined with another; one who once served the corrupt Theocracy of Kaig but now wanders the land righting wrongs and fighting for honour and glory. Some would label him a traitor, others a fool, but there is one title none can deny him: He is a Knight of The Rose.

Well friends what can I say about this exciting episode? Well, the snows have now fallen, the heroes soon to be amassed and a few questions are asked; just who is that girl walking through the village anyway? Of course you'll need to keep listening if you want that question asked, because I'm sure as the hells are hot aint gonna tell you. In this episode we also get to remove the pants from our newest member: 'Remy'.

You'll notice we've made a few changes in the way we do things here in the Pantscave™. Firstly (and the most exciting part from my point of view) is the extension of 'The Fireside Chat'. This is something formed rather spontaneously (as you'll soon hear) and consists of us, The Pantsless Gamers, discussing our thoughts on the game and what we think will come next . In later episodes we will also be running 'Listener's Questions' so if you have any questions about the Pantsless Gamer's themselves, or their characters, e-mail us at daniellammas@hotmail.com and we'll try to give you the answer in our next episode. {Do not e-mail this information is now out of date}

In this weeks' 'Lore of Tropis' we discuss the origins of the Shaline and Eorne elves. We've tried to make this section as entertaining as possible so gone is Danny whittling on about nothing and instead you have a thought provoking tale.

As before, while we find our feet, any feedback into what we do right and wrong is greatly appreciated. So without further ado; I welcome you back, one and all, to
The World of Tropis!

An Aural Index
“Because even we have favorite parts.”
1. A Pantsless Introduction – (0.00)
2. Introducing 'Remy' – (2.30)
3. Daybreak at Ragnar's – (7.25)
4. The First Snows At Menta – (41.15)
5. A Knight of The Rose – (46.09)
6. The Meadow Guarded by Ing – (69.26)
7. “I want soup!” – (73.52)
8. Harry-Carry with a D20 – (79.24)
9. Waiting for Roland – (82.37)
10. Preparing for Adventure! – (95.15)
11. The Fireside Chat – (106.15)
12. Lore of Tropis: “Elven Origins” – (117.30)

Danny Looks Back
Disclamer: The following is my own personal musing concerning what I remember of this episode. It by no means represents the views of the Pantsless Gamers, or www.rpgmp3.com.

Looking back it seems ages ago that we did this episode -- in truth it was; about three months ago now.

I remember having real problems with the editing; it was during this episode that I first started feeling the quality-loss, from using a non-lossless format (such as mp3) when editing.

Of the episode it's self, I remember this being the first time we tried the 'Dramatis Personae' introduction; later this idea was improved upon until in Season 2 we scrapped it entirely.

This was also the first episode where we met Moss; Scaly's character.

Unfortunately Moss didn't really start to develop character-wise until some of the later episodes, as Scaly took a little while to understand who Moss was. Now-a-days he is a good character and far from the flawless Knight he tries to be. Out of all the heroes, Moss comes across as being the most human -- which is testament to how far Scaly has come as a roleplayer.

I also seem to remember that this was the episode where we first tried 'ambiance enhancing sound effects'. Although over done in areas this is something I may have to re-introduce as we've not used it since.

Well, I hope you all enjoy this session as much as I enjoyed reminiscing and I'll get back to watching The Watchmen! :D

Happy gaming, folks :)

Danny :plot:

#6 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

Thanks Hal, thanks Danny, thanks Pantsless Gamers... I'm welcome. Cool. That was quick. :-)

#7 Albax11

Albax11

Goblin

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:26 AM

This session haunts me in my dreams. Not because it was bad or anything like that. But the fact of the matter is that we had to remake this session so many times that I lost count.

It was like the session was ground hog day and I was Bill Murray.

#8 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:36 AM

Ah yes; I'd completely forgotten about that when doing the write-up. This episode was a real 'first' for a lot of things, I guess we should have realised just how much CallGraph would mess us about after the fun and games we have with this Chapter.

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

Go away lolfor7, and take those infernal wedding dresses with you.

:spam: :gtfo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge