Rolemaster Session 16

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

And another catch up run begins...

Thanks all that was great listening. The Great Escape indeed! Very entertaining. :D

The "casually chatting while torture ensues" segment was almost Warhammer-esque btw!

Poor old Dav though. 8O Hope he gets better.

#22 Snappyapple

Snappyapple

Goblin

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

Slow march to catch up on Rolemaster continues.

Inevitably, too much railroading gives me a mental rash, whether I'm a player or a GM. It just doesn't tend to bring out the best in me. With all the overt coercion the campaign sets out, comes the eventual backlash from our group of willful adventurers. Plus, their eventual capture and attempt to escape slides uncomfortably close to sort of play style I dislike almost as much as munchkinism: legitimizing inane actions and bullying the DM into accepting certain situations on the grounds of its legitimacy with 'proper roleplaying.'

I've heard enough of the Texan group to know silliness abounds but fun is had by all in the end, so it's not directed at the behaviours of the players. Still, it's not uncommon on the site to hear proponents of "roleplaying trumps all," which I find quite silly. Bad players can still ruin games on the grounds of roleplaying.

#23 Misk

Misk

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:50 PM

New to website catchin up on rolemaster and was wodnerin from ep 15 if it was possible for david to take one of those chain things that made him Unsilver and put it on when he needed to user herbs

#24 Dungnmaster001

Dungnmaster001

Goblin

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

Firstly, Welcome to the site :).

Second, while the process would probably work it's really not needed. That bashkar reminds me of "the Tick"; he's nigh invulnerable after all :) Besides once the manacles were off it took quite a bit of time for the transformation back into the silver surfer form which would be a hindrance I'd think.

#25 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

Hey Misk,

Welcome to the site :) Nice to have you on board!

Hal :hal:

#26 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

That bashkar reminds me of "the Tick"...

Now that you mention it, that's pretty accurate :D And not just for the good reasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge