77 replies to this topic

#1 MadMac

MadMac

Raven

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:15 AM

http://www.wizards.c...d/4pod/20090218

Awesome, naturally. I have to admit though, after getting used to listening to 3 hour sessions on this site, having the whole thing end after just 30 minutes was pretty disappointing.

#2 JoeGun

JoeGun

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSunny SD

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:36 AM

The Entire session was only like 8 hours total, so they will prob just have 8 30-45 minute sessions. Still funny as hell though.

Assuming Stopping breaks and edits. - Edited due to my poor math skills and failure to take into account editing ahahah.

#3 Dungnmaster001

Dungnmaster001

Goblin

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

The Entire session was only like 8 hours total, so they will prob just have 8 30 minute sessions. Still funny as hell though.

math seems a bit off. 8 30 min episodes would be 4 hours, so 16 episodes for 8 hours. I'm sure they edit a little (taking out bathroom/snack breaks) so probably a little less.

Have they said it was another 8 hour session though? I remember that's how they did the first one but I haven't seen anything about it this time...

/shrug. It gives me something to listen to while I await the release of much more awesome material from this site. Kind of like a candy bar tiding me over til dinner...err with only 30 minutes more like a bite size candy bar but still.

On a side note, I hate the way they break it off at the end. Cutting off abruptly in mid-sentence is just annoying.

#4 JoeGun

JoeGun

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSunny SD

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:51 AM

Wil Wheaton mentioned in his blog it was about 8 hours. As for my guess: the first itterations were an 8 hour session with 2 different GMs and they shortened them to 5.6 hours total. Assuming stopping breaks and such. So it was just a guess. Besides it was the new math that doesn't really make any sense :)

#5 JoeGun

JoeGun

Raven

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSunny SD

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

As for the side note I totally agree. You would thing after the first session, they would realize they want to setup timed breaks and shedule it into the session, vs just recording the entire thing, and then chopping it up afterwords. Then again they probably don't have someone of Hal's skills to run the podcast creation anyway.

#6 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

There are two awesome things about these PA&PVP podcasts.

The first is that they're fun to listen to - filled with funny people having a good time playing a fun game.

The second is that listening to the first batch directly resulted in me looking for more audio recordings, which led me here.

The stuff here is much better, but I'm still excited to hear more from the webcomic guys. Plus, it's totally a teaser for the PHBII, which has many things I want to play.

#7 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

Acoustically, quite interesting. To me it sounds like the DM was on a different mic, or the mic was very close by to him rather than the other players.

It did stop rather abruptly, a simple fade out would have done no harm.

If you want to raise popularity to the next level, you need the slebs! :)

#8 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

I haven't listened to this recording yet but it bothers me that they act like this is there original idea, which it clearly isn't :D

#9 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

No it clearly is not :)

I thin you lot should head over to forums that are talking about it and direct more traffic over here ;)

Go forth little minions...

Hal :hal:

#10 Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Goblin

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

"Your desire is my duty. . . " Bloodguard says , with his arms stretched out as Frankenstein. . . .
It's off to WOTC I go !

#11 Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Goblin

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

http://forums.gleema...d.php?t=1151466

Check out my thread I created for us!
As Hal would say, " GET IN THERE ! ! "
Add some love to our illustrious leaders reputation ! !

#12 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

I wouldn't go as far as leader - perhaps more like custodian :)

#13 Bcanan

Bcanan

Kobold

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Locationel dorado, ks

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

yes master i have fulfilled your command and also thrown in when you started recording, this i think it was 2004 with WLD i might be wrong, you should receive more hits to the site and hopefully more converts to the glory of Rolemaster :twisted:

#14 MadMac

MadMac

Raven

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

Your enthusiasm is admirable, but...no one reads that subforum really. Better to post about this site Here:

http://forums.gleema...d.php?t=1150978

Also Here:

http://www.enworld.o... ... dcast.html

#15 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

Go forth and continue to spread the word :)

I know quite a few folks found us after WotC's last venture into audio recording so lets go out and give them a hand this time.

I hate to do it myself as it feels like unsolicited advertising ;)

#16 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

I have links to rpgmp3 and yoggie in my WotC board sig.

#17 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

Good man :)

#18 phillosmaster

phillosmaster

The Fourth Man

• Patrons
  • 199 posts
  • LocationStratford CT

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

No need to whore yourself Hal. I did my civic duty. If anyone wants to back my play go here:
http://forums.gleema...d.php?t=1151239

#19 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:37 PM

Good man :)

Come to think of it, I think I originally found this site after reading about it in someone's sig on the Wizard's boards. I can't remember whom though.

#20 PhanXu2

PhanXu2

Raven

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:49 AM

Go forth and continue to spread the word :)

I know quite a few folks found us after WotC's last venture into audio recording so lets go out and give them a hand this time.

I hate to do it myself as it feels like unsolicited advertising ;)

That's why I must have found it difficult to find this site originally. You should blow your own trumpet more (Don't tell Lindsey, though, she'll think she isn't needed.)

Found a few of your old English APs ages ago on some other site, but only after a few failed attempts did I find the place it came from (here). To be honest I'm not sure how I found it so difficult before, it popped up quite easily the last time when I was looking for 4E APs just after 4E came out.

BTW: I posted a lot on gleemax and other places about this site's APs being way before the penny arcade one when the first one pretended they were being all revolutionary. Can't stand it when people take the credit of the rightful people.

The Penny arcade APs are worth a nosey, but RPGMP3's APs are a load better. (It's partly because of English accents, we just sound too good - even Northerners. Us Brummyesks are the best, however, as we just ooze class.)

Spread the word. Peace, or whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge