#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

A new game and a new group joins the fold :)

Welcoming the Pantsless Gamers (thankfully not recording video) and their online adventures :D

World of Tropis Session 1

Filesize: 60MB

Tales of Another World Book 1: The First Snows at Menta. Chapter 1 - Arrival - In which our heroes arrive at Menta and 'The Pantsless Gamers' introduce themselves and the adventure begins - kind of!

Community Podcast Updated!

Let me know what you guys think!

Hal :hal:

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

Thank you Hal and the pantless ones. :D

#3 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

Ooh, we get to hear their voices :).

#4 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:00 AM

The First Snows At Menta
I: Arrival

27/11/5008ya
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step”
- Lao Tzu (600 BC-531 BC) Chinese Philosopher that founded Taoism.

Welcome, one & all, to The World of Tropis. This is our first step into the world of audio recording, bad quality, dodgey jokes, embarising introduction, the works! The First Snows At Menta is certainly one of those campaigns that get better as they continue (anf fear not the audio quality in unrecognisable by chapter V).

I would love to put down lots of information here to entice you into listening to the recording...but its been so long since the episode occurred that I can't remember enough about it to do so :D

Danny

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:06 AM

A place to let yourself hang free!

Lovely slogan :twisted: - personally, I would have gone with 'hanging out' instead, just to allow people to delude themselves there might be a euphemism somewhere in there, even though we know them to be an endangered species ever since the introduction of free-roaming Things to the delicate ecosystem of this site. ;)

Equally suitable in such a context: the use of the word 'dicebag', or anything that rhymes with 'rock out'. I propose the next game that the Pantsless Gamers, or 'Pantsies' as I shall affectionately dub them (the 't' is silent, of course :P) play should be a modern-day espionage game, or at the very least Call of Cthulhu. House rule: any time a party member shouts out 'Rock out with your Glock out!' in a clear and discernible voice, they are awarded a suitable portion of bonus XP (NB: This should always be assumed to be done in character, especially when the characters are deep in enemy territory, low on hit points, and hiding on the other side of a thin plywood wall from a squadron of hostiles).

EDIT: By the way, Illiani - how is this recording related to the audio available at this other site, which I assume you're also running?

#6 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:36 AM

Oooh... Who are these people? World of Tropis..what's that? Must learn more...

8)

#7 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:42 AM

@Pencil-Monkey
I will bare that in mind -- we will be running some CoC at some point as myself and a number of our other members love the system.

As for the site you linked there...long story short.

That site is, or rather was, one I made for my original group. Alas that group was not to continue; after 5+ years of gaming one of their member; John (played Orpheus) decided to stage a coup. He ran a few games outside of my campaign, one that was high-power & high-loot. Eventually it got to the point where nothing in my game could compare. If I rewarded them after a month of hard work with a +2 longsword it would mean nothing to them because in John's campaign they all had +8 (with ability score adjustments). This got them hooked and eventually they decided that levels & loot was more important than the storyline and as a result if I didn't learn to DM like a MMO I wasn't welcome.

I was asked not to come back after a large number of rows concerning such a stance. As a result I turned to online gaming with Alex & RUbe (and later the other Pantsless Gamers). Our group now numbers six-strong.

Additional
I will also state that I am aware the quality of this episode is terrible, but I beseech you fine people to see past that for the first few episodes (read: 3-4). Your endurance will be rewarded with a moving, well-thought out & dramatic story that will remain in your memories for years to come.

#8 RomanIdiot

RomanIdiot

Kobold

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

Woo! We've gone live... Awesome.

Bear in mind that any and all constructive criticism is welcome, but we've already improved majorly in the latest few episodes -I'm sure Illiani agrees- and with the addition of three more members, we've grown to be a fine group. We're a mix of experienced and newly trained, young and old people from all over the world, and every one of us -and in addition, our characters- has found his or her perfect niche -both IC and OOC- in the group. It's delicious like cake. Except it's not a lie.

Anyway, without further ado, (most of it about nothing), enjoy!

-Ruben (~.~)

#9 Tengu

Tengu

Kobold

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:14 AM

what game system does this campaign employ? :)

#10 Albax11

Albax11

Goblin

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:17 AM

House rules invented by our schmexy DM, based on DND 3.5.

#11 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

Currently a House-Rule laden D&D 3.5, with the mild possibility of moving into BRP at a later date.

Danny

#12 Stormweaver

Stormweaver

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:11 PM

No Danny we didnt leave for the loot we left because you were a twat, constantly spoke down your nose at us, punched someone for not cleaning a fork for you and rail roaded us before you start bitching and saying we wernt roleplayers. I hope these people can see the true you, lucky they never have to meet you.

STORMWEAVER

#13 Vocc

Vocc

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

John's Game is acctually very good, with some rather indepth RP going on. As someone once told me "I play D&D to be something totally fantastic and out of this world". Just becuase we are enjoying a high powered game doesnt mean we arnt role-players, nor is it at all like an mmo. Dont slag us off online please.

#14 Albax11

Albax11

Goblin

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

I would gladly advise you to say something pertaining to the session itself, instead of inciting a flame war.
Whatever baggage you guys have should be left out of here.

#15 Stormweaver

Stormweaver

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

We have a right to defend ourselves agains his biased words. I dont tkae kindly to being spoken about that and well Im just making people aware of what hes truly like, he is not a victim by far. We wouldnt be here if he didnt start talking crap about us. I dont plan to do anything else other than defend myself against those comments that I find deeply insulting, for it to be said we arnt roleplayers, because we dont enjoy being treated OOC like some mess he found on the floor. His games were very good indeed, hes a fine DM just a rubbish person, that has no right to slag anyone off after the things he done to his so called friends and then act like the victium.

STORMWEAVER

#16 RomanIdiot

RomanIdiot

Kobold

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:05 PM

I believe both of you have to calm down.

First off,

No Danny we didnt leave for the loot we left because you were a twat

No you didn't. Danny was told to leave you; he even left hís equipment for you.

Second of all, isn't it quite suspicious both of you post a few minutes from eachother, and in both cases it's the first post for both of you? Seems to me like you're trying to "slag off" Danny rather than either offering constructive criticism on the session or defending yourselves to any statement made by any of the Pantsless Gamers, including Danny.

Third of all, this happened, when, two and a half years ago? There's no need to suddenly rush into a flaming war for something that's obviously in the past. Either cool off, back down or grow up. We're trying to offer people here the relaxation and enjoyment Dungeons and Dragons can bring, and it appears you're trying to attack someone for past 'mistakes' and ruin his reputation.

Fourth and last of all,

I hope these people can see the true you, lucky they never have to meet you.

While I don't pretend that I've known Danny very long, nonetheless there are few people who I enjoy talking to more, and we're all only human. Ofcourse you think Danny was a boogeyman, he was your DM. It's not his duty to be a bloody clown, he's there to keep things in check, AS WELL as entertain. From what I've heard you preferred more action-based DnD than RP-based. That's fine, but a DM is not a whore that caters to your every desire.
There are things I love about Danny's DM'ing, there are things I disagree with. But at least I realise how much effort and time he puts into giving us a great time. These sessions are the highpoint of my weekend, and he's the reason they are. I dislike such bothersome slander, but I will not degrade myself to your low-brewn way of 'discussion'. Leave him, and indirectly, us alone; and there will be no more noting of past troubles between Danny and you. I think that's a fair notion, is it not?

Feel free to actually listen to the recordings, and rather than joining up to be agressive, enjoy the site and other's works.

[/Wall of text.]

-Ruben.

P.S.:

We have a right to defend ourselves against his biased words

Biased? Of course he'd be biased, he's human, and so are you. Are you saying your words aren't biased? Conflicts exist because of different perspectives. And we, too, have such a right.

(...) and then act like the victim.

It seems to me, once again, that you're accusing him of your own actions. It's called projection, a mental defensive reaction. Please refrain from such actions, back down and if you can't enjoy ours, then enjoy others' works.

#17 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

Josie, Nick please enough of this. The Pantsless Gamers are my new beginning, not a attempt at making myself a victim, or to lessen you two (or any other of the old group). My post in which I spoke about you was not intended to be insulting, it was the truth. You all do prefer the higher level stuff as Nick mentioned; John did stage a coup (his third if memory serves me well) and I did set up the group five, or more years ago.

If you took my post as insulting then it is down to your own presumptions. I will admit, I have been insulting towards you in the past, but back then the wounds were still sore. If I really hated you, or wanted to do verbal injury towards you, I would have made sure that the £200-odd worth of Roleplaying minis and books I still let you all use was back in my possession before writing the above message.

No doubt, the other members of this site are wondering whether the crimes I am accused of are true or not. Am I a twat; do I talk down to people; and have I ever struck one of my players because he wouldn't wash up a fork? The answer to the above is yes.

Yes I am a twat; ass hole; moron and any other variety of adjective you may wish to use – I put it mostly down to a lack of inter-social experience, but in all honesty its more my personality that is the issue here.

I'll admit I do have a habit of talking down to people. Did I view you as lessers? Not overly, it is more that I am a very arrogant person. I acquired such whilst at school and never really let it go. I once tried to get away from such but as you may remember that didn't really work out did it?

Finally I'll admit that I did once strike Will for not washing up a fork for me. I can't really justify that, but I will comment that a) I remember it being a dirty spoon not a fork b) It was more of a slap and c) it happened over two years ago, something I noted you neglected to mention. And you state that it is I spreading falsehood?

Now this is going to go one of a number of possible directions. You can take my earlier post as it was intended, a explanation of what the podcast site was and why it is no longer used; I can get my stuff from you lot and we can go our separate ways, never need to talk to each other again or admit the other party exists (not my ideal choice, but at the end of the day what occurred today shows that our friendship is un-savable).

Or you can continue trying to turn this site against me, maybe you'll succeed, I'll take my gear back anyway and we go our separate ways, a flame war will occur and ultimately one party will get banned. My enjoyment of this site will be ruined by the fallout (whether I get banned or not) and I will end up returning to hating you all as I did for a period after the split. In addition you'll end up getting angry so the result will be that nobody has any fun.

I have asked my group not to rile you, but their actions and words are their own. So ultimately the choice is yours. I hope you make the right one.

Danny

#18 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hello there.
Just a general gentle reminder, aimed at no one particular person.
This is one of the friendliest sites around and we'd all like to keep it that way. Please keep personal disagreements to email and private messaging. It's appreciated by everyone if you keep 'he said, they said' comments off postings, audios and any other publicly available material. It gets embarrassing / annoying for everyone else on the board, is pretty irrelevant to most of us, and spoils the generally friendly atmosphere that exists round here.
You may not always agree with someone else's opinion or way of approaching gaming but remember they're just as entitled to their views as you.
If we all thought and gamed the same way things would get really boring. :)

Thanks very much.

#19 Vocc

Vocc

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

Unfortunately, RomanIdiot, you live thousands of miles away and have never met Danny in person, We arnt trying to put down his Dming skills, which are considerable. But just To ask that he discontinue insulting conversation about us.

"the utter treachery of my last group -- the bastards --" -Vent Box I
by: Illiani
Posted on: 01-28-2009 @ 02:52 pm

and such. It was November Last year acctualy. The group split becuase of you Danny, sorry to say. And let us not forget that Josie and I stayed with you after everyone else refused to play another game. Johns games are great and the story is well thought out, not the mindless hack and slash you make it out to be. You make us sound like a bunch of traitors to some great cuase when really we are just a few people that disided to quit playing an rgp with you.

I dont think its much to ask if you dispise us so much.

Have a nice life, hope you get a job, good luck with your new group.

((P.S. to the rest of the people on the site, sorry about this.))

#20 fictionalfemme

fictionalfemme

Goblin

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationLedyard, CT USA

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

Thanks, Isis. If anyone wants to talk about the first recording, I'd love to start a discussion.

Personally, I really enjoyed this session. It was so different from what I've heard before. With the voice acting it seemed more like an old time radio show than someone playing a game.
(Of course, I didn't realize then that I'd be playing with them, and thus expected to do a little voice acting of my own! 8O ) That and the absolute hilarity that happened between the roleplaying bits made me want to keep listening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge