• Create Account
Photo

Thunderspire Labyrinth Session 13 (DnD 4e Session 24)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

While I am sat here waiting for Lindsay to finish her Fashion Sketching class I thought it might be nice if I released another audio for you guys.

Thunderspire Labyrinth Session 13

Filesize: 65MB

The party follow the magic key to a secret door and are joined by another very friendly face. Ha - ha!

I will see if I can update the EPICs podcast from here but you can have the download for now :P

Hal :hal:

#2 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

Thanks Mr. Hal!

#3 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

Woo! I actually just ran out of stuff on my iPod and was going to look for more. But, a friendly face? Is he aware that he may have joined the wrong party entirely?

Thanks Hal!

#4 MadMac

MadMac

Raven

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

Just what I needed after a hard day at work. Thanks Hal!

#5 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

Thank you Hal.

#6 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

Pleasure :)

EPICs Podcast Updated!

#7 MadMac

MadMac

Raven

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:17 PM

Heh. Halfling Bravura Warlord. I liked Torrin, but the new guy is really perfect for David's fearless playing style. :D

#8 PhanXu2

PhanXu2

Raven

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:26 AM

Cheers!

My PC broke just before christmas and only got properly fixed a week ago (a week after my birthday. I'm cursed. It's all because I have my own special God that doesn't like me, like a guardin angel but opposite and more powerful. It's complicated so I wont get into it.)

Had 4 episodes backed up and managed to get through them (while doing other stuff - I'm not that lazy.)

Had such an overdose I was feelng withdrawral. This episode will bring me down.

Cheers again.

#9 WCACameraman

WCACameraman

Toad

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

Well, at least y'all didn't have to read Beowulf three times in the same senior year. Long story, let's just say we had three English teachers in that year, all assigning Beowulf. Also, Freshman year, we had to read an 800+ page book called "How to Read a Book." And that was the topic matter. Just as horrible as it sounds.

#10 Thunder

Thunder

Zealot

• Patrons
  • 108 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

Well, at least y'all didn't have to read Beowulf three times in the same senior year. Long story, let's just say we had three English teachers in that year, all assigning Beowulf. Also, Freshman year, we had to read an 800+ page book called "How to Read a Book." And that was the topic matter. Just as horrible as it sounds.

Wow, did it teach you tactics to read Robert Jordan?

#11 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

By Mortimer J Adler? That's a great book! Very few people know how to read a book well. Anyone can recognize the words on the page, but it takes skill to follow what the author is doing, the structure of his arguments and why he's doing it. I recommend this one to anyone that I know going to college or grad school. It pays dividends when you're reading 6-7k pages a semester.

#12 Thunder

Thunder

Zealot

• Patrons
  • 108 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

I had to read stuff like this every semester...

Posted Image

*sigh*

#13 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

You too are a lucky man! Most people never get the privilege of studying math in any serious way.

I got to read quite a bit of musty old math book too and I realize now how wonderful a chance that was. Of course, I hated it then. Listen to me, I'm sounding like a Very Old Man now...

In all seriousness though, I've been out of school for 3 years since getting my MA. I'm really looking forward to starting work on a PhD next fall (I hope).

#14 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:28 PM

What are you hoping to do the PhD in?

I would like to go back and do one in Instructional Technology. I like the idea of something like, the applications and impact of Web 2.0 technologies of the classroom or something like that :)

Or - the educational benefits of roleplaying. All I need is a geeky kid and a sport kid, a football, a load of gaming books and two locked rooms :P

Whatcha think?

#15 phillosmaster

phillosmaster

The Fourth Man

• Patrons
  • 199 posts
  • LocationStratford CT

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Out of all my higher level math classes, I found that discrete math was the most practical and useful. I might have been blessed with a good professor. After taking discrete math I felt more capable at modeling scenarios mathematically and working through mathematical proofs to simplify a mathematical model. I use stuff I learned from that class everyday at work.

#16 phillosmaster

phillosmaster

The Fourth Man

• Patrons
  • 199 posts
  • LocationStratford CT

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Or - the educational benefits of roleplaying. All I need is a geeky kid and a sport kid, a football, a load of gaming books and two locked rooms :P

I'd read that thesis. You just know that sport kid has a whimsical fey pact halfling warlock inside him just waiting to burst out.

#17 WCACameraman

WCACameraman

Toad

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:05 AM

Hell, some guy at the University of Colorado did his Thesis on the psychological effects and background of World of Warcraft and how it becoming a religion and such stuff and how it's like heaven, another world where the physical doesn't matter. 27 pages of that!

#18 Dungnmaster001

Dungnmaster001

Goblin

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:08 AM

Excellent session as usual.

So since the end of the module is near, has it been decided/discussed about whether or not you'll be continuing to the 3rd module or will the 4e sessions be ending after this one?

And on a somewhat related note how are you all feeling about 4e in general?

#19 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

Hell, some guy at the University of Colorado did his Thesis on the psychological effects and background of World of Warcraft and how it becoming a religion and such stuff and how it's like heaven, another world where the physical doesn't matter. 27 pages of that!

His thesis is 27 pages long???! 8O Please tell me that's a typo for 270 pages. If not, I may have to change disciplines!! :P

#20 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:19 AM

His thesis is 27 pages long???! 8O Please tell me that's a typo for 270 pages. If not, I may have to change disciplines!! :P

Or at least move to Colorado. Seriously, I could do that in a weekend or so.

Oh wait, it doesn't say if he passed or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge