3 replies to this topic

#1 Tengu

Tengu

Kobold

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

i was just wondering if this would ever become a podcast? i have played the system in the past, and enjoyed it.. but it was never long lived.. (to my disappointment)

i would be interested to hear Hal's and Lindsay's thoughts on this subject. :) also how does the community feel about the system?

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

I have played Exalted in the past and enjoyed it :)

The issue is that it is a White Wolf product and they are really rather harsh on what kinds of things you can do with their products. I have asked on numerous occasions regarding permissions to record one of their systems and have received a stoney silence.

I will continue to enquire.

Hal :hal:

#3 Tengu

Tengu

Kobold

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:29 AM

well, hopefully the send some kind of answer. i would think that the company would enjoy having their product "podcasted" across the net. it would maybe help someones price margin. :)

#4 thranduul

thranduul

Wizard20 / Archmage6

• Patrons
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLivonia, Michigan USA

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

The issue is that it is a White Wolf product and they are really rather harsh on what kinds of things you can do with their products. I have asked on numerous occasions regarding permissions to record one of their systems and have received a stoney silence.

Now I've heard some dumb corporate policies in my time but that is one of the most "short bus special" ones. It's free advertising for them!! Ironic thing is, if you were running a comedy spoof of their system, they couldn't stop you but apparently trying to get everyone interested in buying their products is not good business. :roll:

EDIT: I'd also like to add something for Hal----I say just DO it mate. Let them send you a 'cease and desist' order if they don't like it. Then at least it is a conscious decision on their part and not the lack of organization skills of their idiot webmaster. No harm done if you get one of those----worst case you have to remove the file and link. Go for it (if it excites you obviously).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge