• Create Account
Photo

Thunderspire Labyrinth Session 12 (DnD 4e Session 23)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

A sombre session for all involved and some excellent gaming. Prepare the tissues in advance for this one as we witness the demise of the true hero.

Thunderspire Labyrinth Session 12

Filesize: 80MB

Let us know what you think.

Hal :hal:

#2 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

NOOOOOOOOO!

/downloads with reluctant hunger

#3 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:59 AM

Thank you Hal. :D

#4 Snappyapple

Snappyapple

Goblin

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

Snappyapple downloads but cannot really think of who'd count as a 'true hero', alignment aside. It better not be Splug though, oh hells no. :evil:

#5 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

True Hero could mean either Splug or Stendar the Betrayer.... Just totally unsure as to which. I think my head may have to explode now.

Hopefully the death isn't just bleeding out on the floor this time. That was ignominius.

#6 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

I agree and thankfully it is not bleeding out on the floor. It is going from standing and fighting to squishy red jam in a single hit!

#7 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

I'm half an hour in and I just have one thing to say about Stendar's conveniently inconvenient in-character knowledge.

Bal-a-zaar!

#8 MadMac

MadMac

Raven

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

True Hero could mean either Splug or Stendar the Betrayer.... Just totally unsure as to which. I think my head may have to explode now.

True Hero is a pretty good title for the one who passed on. I'm not sure how the group is going to hold together without him, honestly.

(It's killing me not to post any spoilers yet)

#9 Ecnal

Ecnal

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

Yeah I win the death pool.
boooo hero death.

At least it was an epic squishy death.

By the way is Gwind getting her Temporary hit points from downing her foes?

#10 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

She is now :)

There is a fair bit of book keeping for the Barbarian but Lindsay has picked it up now :)

It's all good :D

#11 Snappyapple

Snappyapple

Goblin

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

We can have a short pool on what the new guy's gonna be! (though the patrons would already know)

By the way is Gwind getting her Temporary hit points from downing her foes?

And yeah, if Gwind used her class features more often (Bloodrage Vigor, Rampage, half damage from misses on attacks), her body count total would be higher than it already is. Hmm, maybe that's why noone's reminding her of them, heh. :P

#12 Tengu

Tengu

Kobold

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:42 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

#13 Tengu

Tengu

Kobold

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

wow.... i guess i never really saw how much i liked "someones" character until this podcast.. they will be sorely missed!

:(

#14 gnimsh

gnimsh

Gnomish Arch-Lich

• Patrons
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

I'm a guy, and I can honestly say I teared up a bit.

Of course I'm also in agonizing shoulder pain today, so maybe that's the cause.

BTW: Goggles, does Stendar have improved initiative? I play a wizard (and have realized just how tough it is to run that class and NOT blow up your party members.) and I've found that feat to be the most important thing in my arsenal, just to ensure that on that first round I get to go and drop the massive fireball on the baddies BEFORE Gwind goes nuts and teleports next to them. Also, once you hit paragon tier the first feat to pick up is going to be warmage from the forgotten realms players guide (assuming Hal allows that book, of course. He's allowing playtest classes so I assume it'll be all good.) That might not be the exact name for it, but it makes you have a -5 to hit your own party members in the aoe spells, and if i remember correct gives them the 3.5 edition improved evasion (IE half damage on a hit, none on a miss.)

#15 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

'Tleast it were a good death.

#16 Murine_Archmage

Murine_Archmage

Stirge

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:12 AM

Improved Initiative didn't help much due to the bane of all roleplayers: Mean dice. Said mean dice tend to put fireball-throwers just behind the front line fighters. Great cosmic sense of humor getting its kicks, ya know?

#17 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

Swiftly followed by punches to the face.

Poor Stendar. People zre always smacking him for lighting them on fire. You should seriously just start killing them instead of merely wounding; it'd solve a lot of problems.

#18 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

Poor Stendar. People zre always smacking him for lighting them on fire. You should seriously just start killing them instead of merely wounding; it'd solve a lot of problems.

That has been taken care of but I really can not say more. :twisted:

#19 gnimsh

gnimsh

Gnomish Arch-Lich

• Patrons
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

That has been taken care of but I really can not say more. :twisted:

Ahhhh, maaannn....

You can bet if Stendar dies, there won't be any kind of teary funeral in town. They'll probably just kick him into trash bin or something.

#20 MadMac

MadMac

Raven

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

I suppose we really ought to start the next dead pool, but we don't know who the new character is yet.

That has been taken care of but I really can not say more. Twisted Evil

You're an evil, evil man. :O

It's pretty sad to realize that everyone except Ned is on their 2nd or 3rd character in a 6th level group. You guys are going to run out of new classes to try unless you can stay alive until March. :P

Although it is kind of funny to imagine Galadriel surviving to high level by letting dozens of adventuring buddies get killed in his place. Or how the group that completes a mission usually has at least a 50% turnover rate from the original group.

I mean, if we look at it this way...

Keep on the Shadowfell.

A Warlord, DB Fighter, Wizard, Halfing Rogue, and Elf Ranger accept the mission to defeat Kalarel. (Sorry, Don't remember all the original names)

Torrin and Galadrial come back alive to claim their reward, bringing their new party members Splugg, Stendarr, Nyst, and the Cleric whose name I just forgot.

The new group agrees to go to Thunderspire Labrynth. Half of that group has already been wiped and replaced by Caldyr, Wyndy, and the new mystery character. And the adventure isn't even over yet.

Hmm...I guess that makes Splugg and Stendar the Betrayer the longest lasting characters after Galadriel. Which is ironic, because they hate each other.

:D

Aaaand Splug joined before Stendarr, so he's only one death away from becoming the oldest living party member. (Go Splugg!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge