• Create Account
Photo

RPGMP3 Desktop Wallpapers

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: What RPGMp3 recordings would you be most interested in seeing depicted in a wallpaper? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

What RPGMp3 recordings would you be most interested in seeing depicted in a wallpaper?

1. World's Largest Dungeon (9 votes [18.37%])

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

2. Rolemaster (26 votes [53.06%])

Percentage of vote: 53.06%

3. Labour of Love/Tomb of Haggemoth (4 votes [8.16%])

Percentage of vote: 8.16%

4. Tatters of the King (2 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

5. WFRP - Oldenhaller Contract (2 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

6. Other (please specify) (6 votes [12.24%])

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

7. I don't use wallpapers - it's bad for the environment (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

-AWESOME!-

#22 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

More Warhammer! (oh, and the wallpapers are cool as well :))

#23 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:36 PM

More Warhammer! (oh, and the wallpapers are cool as well :))

Frankly based on the typical comments through out this site we are happy with more of anything. :D

#24 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:55 AM

According to the poll, Rolemaster is still massively in the lead... so here's a World's Largest Dungeon wallpaper. :P

Posted Image

I've tried to go for something less cluttered, since (in my experience) it helps when the desktop icons aren't camouflaged by the background image. Sorry Illiani, looks like you're getting the short end of the Warhammer stick in that respect! ;)
Continuing my fine tradition of being hopeless out of sync with reality, this picture of Balazaar feeling festive was originally intended for New Year's Eve. I made a little animation with fireworks shooting out of his finger, but I couldn't find a website that would host .GIF files bigger than 150 x 150 pixels. Frankly, the animation wasn't all that great (I'd simply stolen a firework animation from another site and pasted Balazaar on top of it, lazy sod that I am), so it may all have turned out for the best. Enjoy.

#25 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:57 AM

On the topic of Warhammer :)

My books arrived from Sweden yesterday - wooooooooo! I am now very well Warhammered indeed :) So there may well be a venture down that path once one of the current games explodes or draws to a close :)

Hal :hal:

Hoody-Hoo! Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull Throne of... sorry, got a bit carried away.

#26 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:26 AM

How about Nutmeg and her crew from Whartson Hall's Traveller game?

So far, two people have expressed interest in seeing the crew of the good ship Nutmeg staring out at them from their monitor. Seeing as how I'm always aiming to please, I've set about an epic journey into the clutch-hungry dark of outer space, hopefully to bring back some juicy bits of loosely Traveller-related goodness (or just my usual junk ;)). Let me take this opportunity to repudiate the rumors that I should have chosen this over any other audios I have missed out on, simply because they're so nice and short. This has no basis in reality whatsoever, honest guv.[/pokerface]

However, I've got a small problem (yeah, yeah, "We know you've got problems, we've been telling you to seek professional help for ages!", I hear you cry...). In a way, I am seeking professional help; I've turned to the people for an answer to one of the toughest questions that we, as a people, as a race, are facing in these trying times: What kind of hat does capt. John Brevant wear?

I'm not sure I spelled the name right, but you probably know whom I am referring to: the rakish head honcho, le grand fromáge of the Nutmeg. I've got the cigar-smoking and the eyepatch-wearing, and am fairly confident I can get around the whisky-swilling (how hard can it be to conceal a hip flask of bourbon around his person?), but I just can't seem to get his scalp-area right; first I tried a jaunty beret, but he hasn't got the head for it - it kept ending up looking like a turban, like he was some seedy camel driver extra from a 1980 Lawrence of Arabia remake. I suppose I could just give him an exciting coiffure, but a rumpled hairdo just isn't the same as a good, stolid hat to lend a man character, as I'm sure you'll all agree. As SnackGirl once remarked, "I need to wear more hats".

So if anyone out there in internet-land has some insider information on the latest fashion trends aboard the finest spaceships of the Imperium, please share the goods. Don't make me break out the thumb screws. :twisted:

#27 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:57 AM

What kind of hat does capt. John Brevant wear?

I'm not sure I spelled the name right, but you probably know whom I am referring to: the rakish head honcho...

That would presumably be Captain Sir Marcus Brabant. The other characters are Force Commander Jack Fletcher, Dame Rachel Alexander and Dame Trudi Bench.

I'll have to check with Martin, but I tended to picture him wearing something like a NATO field cap.

EDIT: Nutmeg is a more-or-less standard Type-A Free Trader, so she'll look very much like the one in this picture.

#28 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:15 AM

Sorry Illiani, looks like you're getting the short end of the Warhammer stick in that respect! ;)

Actually, and quite luckily, the dark areas in the Wallpaper are more, or less, where my folders and icons and what-nots are all hanging about. So all in all, the brightness in areas hasn't been a problem.

#29 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:20 AM

What kind of hat does capt. John Brevant wear?

I'm not sure I spelled the name right, but you probably know whom I am referring to: the rakish head honcho...

That would presumably be Captain Sir Marcus Brabant. The other characters are Force Commander Jack Fletcher, Dame Rachel Alexander and Dame Trudi Bench.

I'll have to check with Martin, but I tended to picture him wearing something like a NATO field cap.

EDIT: Nutmeg is a more-or-less standard Type-A Free Trader, so she'll look very much like the one in this picture.

Really? I wonder where I got 'John' from... but thanks! I welcome all the help I can get, especially visual aids. ;)

#30 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

Sorry Illiani, looks like you're getting the short end of the Warhammer stick in that respect! ;)

Actually, and quite luckily, the dark areas in the Wallpaper are more, or less, where my folders and icons and what-nots are all hanging about. So all in all, the brightness in areas hasn't been a problem.

Woohoo! Talk about a lucky shot in the dark!... Ahem, what I meant to say, obviously my extensive spy network has rendered detailed information of people's desktop layouts unto me. Aheheh.

Seriously, I'm glad it works out for you. :)

#31 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:28 AM

Finally, here's some more Rolemaster for the plethora (20 votes at the latest tally) of Critical E-fans out there: this time, it's Eyelash Chickenleg and her deadly Adder Staff! Kudos for carrying a magical item named after a mathematical operation - personally, I own a pair of Boots of Long Division that have stood me in good stead in many a battle.

Posted Image

#32 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:32 AM

Very, very nice I love the expression on her face and the twigs sticking out of her hair :D

#33 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:07 AM

Cheers, mate! :)

#34 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

Nice one :)

It's actually a Lord Druid Staff but Adder Staff is pretty much what it does :D

It could also be called a Hitty Staff or a Throwy Staff or a Blasty Staff. It is really pretty good :)

Love the lightning :P Top notch :D

Hal :hal:

#35 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

Or based on the last episode it could be called the god stick. :D

#36 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:21 AM

This time, the wallpaper isn't even related to RPGMp3.com, but the sister site Yog-Sothoth.com. In fact, this is the second wallpaper in this thread that I've used as a birthday present - see if you can guess the other :D. As many of you have most certainly already guessed, the gentleman depicted in the wallpaper is an avatar of Nyarlathotep, while the nutter in the wheelchair is Paul of Cthulhu. ;)

Posted Image
I've noticed that a pattern is starting to form - out of the seven wallpapers now available in this thread, four has one of Lindsay's characters in them. Plus, I've got a bunch more waiting in the pipeline in varying stages of completion, at least four of which (rough tally) are equally Lindsay-centric. It's not a problem as such, since we all love Lindsay Posted Image, but I think it may be symptomatic of something... Hmm. Posted Image

#37 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:07 AM

Why is it typing into google 'obsession meme' provides more naked women than normally seen on a paysite?

Posted Image

#38 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:54 AM

I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about, Illiani. :D

I love that Gerout is carrying an axe in a quiver! :D

I have recently had opportunity to see a real live golf bag. Faced with this evidence, I have to agree with woojitsu: Gerout is wearing a quiver in that wallpaper image, and not a golf bag, as I have erroneously stated. Golf bags are worn in a one-shoulder strap fashion, and not in the cross-chest fashion of a quiver, shown on Gerout. May I offer my humblest apologies. :oops:

#39 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:54 AM

As I'm sure most of you already know, the indomitable Finlay Patterson recently had occasion to celebrate the anniversary of his own spawning so many years ago in the deep caves beneath the Misty Mountain. Seeing as how I always arrive fashionably late whether or not I'm invited, I thought this would be a fine opportunity for me to express my gratitude for all the hard work (yeah, right ;)) he has put in, both here and at Yog-Sothoth.com, for the benefit of gameless geeks such as myself.
Posted ImageCheers, mr. Half-Orc Midget! Here's to another year of hacking, slashing and inappropriate remarks. Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge