#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:50 PM

More stuff from the vaults as the party head towards a conclusion which will most likely be sticky!

Beyond the Mountains of Madness Session 12

Filesize: 92MB

Warning - This session contains plot and action and roleplaying by the players. It is not just Hal reading! Honest!

:P

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

Thank you Hal. :D

#3 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

A conclusion? Oooo, That sounds kind of climactic.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't this adventure 400 pages long? It seems to me the last time you read out a page number they still had over 200 left to go. Don't tell me they somehow managed to conceive of a way to wipe out all the NPCs in one fell swoop.

I can't wait to find out.

**Edit:**

I forgot to listen to session 11

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

Thanks Hal!

I'm midway through session 8 so this is perfect timing! Might be on for finishing the whole thing in a solid run here! :D

Re the length of the adventure... unbeliiiiiiiiievable isn't it? All that detail and research... makes you wonder if BtMoM is actually used by Antarctic explorers as a training manual! 8O

#5 Bcanan

Bcanan

Kobold

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Locationel dorado, ks

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

well i am kinda glad that beyond the mountains of madness was a little bit behind it gave me the chance to read at the mountains of madness added a lot to the story especially with the shoggoth

#6 chanyder

chanyder

Kobold

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:42 AM

I was listening to this tonight, and the part where David and Ned went back into the bloody pit the second time had me in tears, because I was laughing so much. The reason behind this is that I have a sound file of Yacky Sax on my phone and was playing that during the run from the shoggoth.

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:58 AM

I think I was too kind :) I should have eaten them both :D

Hal :hal:

#8 Alexandrian

Alexandrian

The Dark Fox

• Patrons
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

Another gripping session! I was in tears with the appearance of the shoggoth and the horror that followed.

Thank you, as always.

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:40 PM

That was a great session! Loved the tempting of fate by going back down the tunnel!!!

And what about the poor old penguin? What an end to meet! SQWARK! WOOMPH!!! :)

Thanks all!

#10 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:56 PM

I've just got to say ... 12 episodes in and finaly someone mentions the stupid 15' penguins!

I was starting to wonder if Chaosisum ha dleft them out (because they were so patently un scary - yeah, read about that man being chased by a 15' penguing because some white triangle thing told it to).

Basicaly, paart from the penguins all the monsters in that story are just geometric shapes. Did Lovecraft fear geometry at school?

Also, knowing which system and setting they're playing, and which character he's referring to, this line from Hal is just golden:

Are you sure you don't want to take him with you just in case he starts defending the camp and you can't get back to it?

Brilliant :).

#11 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

Basicaly, paart from the penguins all the monsters in that story are just geometric shapes. Did Lovecraft fear geometry at school?

How long ago has it been when you were in high school? Geometry's pretty freakin' petrifying. Particularly when you have a test and you've spent all night reading a very interesting book...

#12 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

It's the written language of the dolphins

Haven't you read that Brian Lumley story where some scientist finaly gets ton interpret dolphin language and they're all just babbling cthuhlu bollox at him about how the deep one shall arise and take over the world?

I'm not kidding, someone's already gone there (and in print too).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge