• Create Account
DriveThruRPG.com
Photo

Mr Fuzzybottom Gets Festive (2008 Xmas Special)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Rum_151

Rum_151

Stirge

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:53 PM

Yeah - I think you might be right :P Though I think Chris might explode if I do Santa for 3 solid hours ;)

Hal :hal:

Yea I'm going to have to download the others and see what yall are talking about.

#22 thad

thad

Player Subordinaire

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

I tell ya, hearing 'Santa' again while at work was... tricky to try to disguise my laugher from my coworkers. :lol:

#23 Boonide

Boonide

Stirge

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

It seems like it was only last year when I downloaded the last Christmas special.

Oh how time flies.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Everyone?

EEEEEEVEEEEEERYYYYOOOOONE

#24 Merlin

Merlin

Kobold

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thnks that Walmart is the (bright yellow & happy :) ) modern face of evil.

#25 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

And just as I was comfortable with the idea that nothing could surpass the disturbing hilarity of Ross's Elf-Gruppenfuhrer, I get to hear David say, "And if all else fails we drop...The Present."

Brilliant as always, guys.

#26 Haxxx

Haxxx

Raven

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

I am going to run Classroom Deathmatch and Wilderness of Mirrors in about.. 4 months. Can you please give me some advice. :?:

Loved all Christmas special and I to was looked at strangely when I started laughing. :lol:

And another thing, douse A Marvelous Christmas' system ever got published or posted somewhere because it was brilliant and I really like to try and run it.

#27 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

Sure can - Classroom Deathmatch is all about setting up situations and essentially book keeping the deaths and letting the players have fun with things. It could be played very seriously and very gritty if you liked. The thing to do is to get the players happy with the narrative control the game gives them. If they have played stuff like that before then you will be good. If not I would recommend a short one off before you really get your teeth into it :)

It is the same deal with Wilderness of Mirrors. Players expect to be told everything an when they have total narrative control over what is happening they can get a little nervous :) Poor things :)

Let us know if you have any specific questions. I am happy to answer them. I love the indie stuff and I know there area good few folks round here who also share that view :D

Hal :hal:

#28 philbass

philbass

philmycrackin

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for another fun Christmas special, keeping me amused into a bed-bound New Year (on top of Australia being beat in the cricket. Ha! Ha!).

Allen Dulles called and he wants you all back to plan the CIA's Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba. Sheesh...could you have made it more complicated?

I did like Ned's Slinky, and I thought that David played the team leader excellently - in particular the sound effects of dropping the 'Present' was very funny.

I do however think that everyone should make a New Year resolution to be nice to Goggles and his characters - despite any real or suspected betrayals.

All-in-all another good Christmas episode and nice to hear indie gaming (hint! hint! more indie gaming requested from Hal's group). A 'serious' version of the game might be cool.

Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2009.

PhilBass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge