Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:10 AM

...and get shiny things!

Hey folks,

I have just instituted the Patrons Scheme for the website. Basically there should be a new block on the left that will let you set up a $5/month donation to the site.

In exchange for this donation you will receive a very nice 'Patron' icon instead of the dice, a choice of Forum title and best of all, access to a hidden forum area containing information on the location of a Bit Torrent which will have the audio uploaded to it as soon as it is downloaded onto my laptop. (Session 21 is currently up there)

Once you have signed up it will take up to 48 hours (depending on when I am logged on) to sort you out with all your new shiny things, but then you are good to go!

Full information can be found in Patron Scheme FAQ

This scheme was set up to recognise the people who regularly donate to the site month on month as well as allowing those who want the files early a way to get them. The charge is primarily due to the fact that these files are uneditied and large in comparison and will consume more bandwidth.

The main audio files, edited as normal, will continue to be released as normal under the standard time scale.

If you have any questions post up here and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Hope you enjoy the Patron Scheme, let me know what you think :D

Cheers
Hal :hal:

#2 Dragonkin

Dragonkin

Resident Swedish Dragon

• Patrons
  • 485 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:22 AM

*ping* Signing in...

#3 Cob37

Cob37

Ghoul

• Members
  • 619 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouse Springs, Missouri, U.S.A.

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:12 PM

This sounds just about right for me, the perfect amount too!
Good idea.

#4 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:23 PM

Cool!

Two and so fast! I am having a small problem with the block! It is not sending me your chosen subtitles! I have Dragonkins, but not Cobs!

If there is a comments field when you sign up in PAypal, stick it in there from now on until I can get it fixed :D

Otherwise it works great! Sent you an email Mr 37 asking for yours but you have a placeholder ones for now!

Cheers

#5 Cob37

Cob37

Ghoul

• Members
  • 619 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:29 PM

I chose "Creator of the World of Skell" as my title. I know, not very original but I'm just a simple old DM.

Can we change the title in the future through the paypal account?

#6 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:52 AM

You can chenge the title at any time by dropping me a line (email or PM) and I will sort it out :D

You may notice you new title is now in place :D

Cheers

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:36 PM

A further update to the Patron Scheme.

I have heard from a few people that there has been rumours that this is the start of RPGMP3 becoming a pay site. Let me assure you that this is not the case. As you can appreciate, I am trying my best to provide a quality of service and would never consider charging for the downloads.

The people who choose to sign up to be Patrons get to participate with the site at a different level as well as having access to the audio at an earlier point then other members.

The audio will still continue to flow as normal :D I am just adding a new level to the equation to allow those that want to to support the site and gain something back from it :D

Never fear! The free audio will continue as always :D

Hope that has laid some fears to rest as you head off the enjoy Session 21 that I have just connected. (As a side note, Session 22 was played last night and is availbale to Patrons on the Bit Torrent in unedited raw form).

Continue to enjoy the site and don't worry ;)

#8 Cob37

Cob37

Ghoul

• Members
  • 619 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:45 PM

You can chenge the title at any time by dropping me a line (email or PM) and I will sort it out :D

You may notice you new title is now in place :D

Cheers

Yes, very cool!

#9 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:23 AM

Hal, I made the payment - but it seems to have ignored me somehow. According to paypal the money has been sent. Could you please check it out? my name can be something simple like "Shathis of Tokyo"

I have no specific presumptions. :)

#10 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:59 PM

Hey there,

Sorry about not making it clear. Due to the nature of the changes it cannot be done automatically! I have to do the updates manually as I am changing access levels on the site.

I have sorted you out and you should now have a shiny title, new icon and access to the Patron Forum where you can get information on the Bit Torrent.

Sorry for any problems and concerns.

Cheers

#11 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

Thank you Hal! And another good reason to become a patron (to everyone who is considering it), the sessions will become more common soon! I don't want to speak for Hal as for how often, but I think we got some hint of that.

#12 Wellard

Wellard

Goblin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationInverness, Scotland

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:01 AM

well I have submitted my subscription.

#13 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:17 AM

You should be connected up and have access to the Patrons Forums as well (they are at the bottom and are so super secret they do not even appear in the scroller ;) )

If you have any problems let me know :D Thanks for becoming a Patron :D

#14 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:42 AM

For those who are vacillating on becoming a patron, here's a teaser. As of October 1st, sessions 27 AND 28 Raw feeds are live in the Patron area. Hint hint.

#15 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:49 AM

For those who are vacillating on becoming a patron, here's a teaser. As of September 1st, sessions 27 AND 28 Raw feeds are live in the Patron area. Hint hint.

Yep, been there for a whole month now! :P

#16 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:57 AM

D'oh! Blast ye, ye bloody half-orc!

I'm still thinking in Septembers. Let me fix that.

Lady Tymora - Words of Wisdom: "Good luck!"

#17 Kevin

Kevin

Goblin

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:01 AM

*Cries* Oh my god, I'm so far behind! God... I listened to the first two and then got busy with other things... I'm so horribly sadened by myself.

There is only one way to redeem myself, and that would be to buy WLD and play with some friends from my site. I guess I had better get working... a lot of redeeming to do.

#18 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:41 AM

Oh, stop crapping all over our boards. :gtfo:

#19 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

Their wide range of Louis Vuitton Sale, shapes Louis Vuitton Outlet can be matched with your own Coach Outlet Online requirements.

Didn't you hear what lady Isis said? Put a cork in it! :spam: :gtfo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge